Who loves PT!? - Page 2
Create Post
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Who loves PT!?

ProtectNServe:

My recruiter said the same thing, "I'll get you in shape."

The only thing he's done is talk to me, and comment on how Im not working hard enough!

Ive been at a weight plateau lately, and not really losing so Im working on my upperbody strength instead of weight. So now he complains that Im not losing weight, when pullups are the only part of the IST I cant pass!

PT

I've been keeping up on my PT, just not keeping track of it.

Running, swimming, and weights along with those wonderful crunches and push-ups have taken up most of my PT time.

I'll be doing a mock PFT tonight after work. My goal tonight is the pass, but with some hard work, by goal is to have a first-class by the end of August.

Originally posted by Echo_Four_Bravo
    you don't need a recruiter to PT. You won't have one with you in the fleet, so you may as well get used to doing it on yuor own now. Running is something you don't need a base for. The daily seven requires no equipment. Push ups, sit ups, leg lifts, and all the other wonderful body weight exercises are free.

I actually prefer to PT on my own, but I would like to get on base and use the facilities (steam room, pull up assistant and be able to do some curls). Its cool that hes trying to put more people in I understand that hes busy, but the biggest selling point he used when talking to my parents was "I'm here to prepare your son both mentally and physically". Which I find amusing now. Since he has probably helped with neither, lol.

i go to PI on aug 4th

Originally posted by poolee womack
    i go to PI on aug 4th
    thats awesome we should see each other, maybe even make it into the same platoon, I'm not sure how their formed so I dunno

I think my recruiter told me somthin bout 2nd bat.. Echo but im not sure that was a long time ago

yea i know that if i leave aug 4th i will be 3rd bat. not sure what platoon though

I wish you both the best of luck.

As far as PT is concerned, I've never had the opportunity to PT with somoene else except when I was at the Naval Academy Summer Seminar. I enjoyed group PT while I was there, but it was somewhat overwhelming and very much based on the needs of the majority. (There were roughly 600 Midshipmen Candidates there, all PTing together.) I kind of wish I had someone PTing by my side on my "lazy days" though.

Originally posted by poolee womack
    yea i know that if i leave aug 4th i will be 3rd bat. not sure what platoon though
    maybe he did say 3rd bat. I'll find out tommorrow for sure

I really don't want to wait till aug 4th though i might leave next week they are saying they need someone for next week.

Registered User Free Member Soon2BkidTx's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings
    PT good for you and good for me......i love PT i hate humping up the Reaper and MT. Mofo....lol....but was doesent kill me makes me stronger.....so OOOH-RAAH!

My Recruiter

My Recruiter really does a good job at all of our Poolee functions. At our weeklys, he usually works us to the bone. I remembered when my friend was in the DEP the most he ran at weeklys was 1.5 miles. I've only been to maybe 5 weeklys (I work and am often very busy, but I PT on my own time), and we run 5 miles at most of them and do a good hour of calisthenics. The Calisthenics include push ups, pull ups, crunches, side-straddle hops, squat-thrusts, and (I can't remember the name) the arm rotations. I've only been to one monthly, the first I couldn't make, and it was TOUGH. I'll admit, I like going to them but I kind of don't. There are a lot of kids that are in great shape and it makes me feel like a s***head. But anywho, at our last monthly, we kinda had a recruiting station competition, did relays in a field that looked like Vietnam, it was all overgrown and muddy. We did firemans carry while running (distance was about 50 yds.), We bear crawled, Crab walked, Did squats, Wheelbarrow racing, and then we did up-downs in a Multi-Park car garage. It was a DIFFICULT day but I loved it, it sucks cause making them is tough because I work on Saturdays and I owe my parents a ton of cash.

Overall I'm very happy with my recruiter, he's a great guy who actually cares about the recruits, not just numbers.

All of you keep your heads up. Womack and ProtectnServe, good luck at PI! I'm heading down there Dec 1st.

I understand where you all are coming from, but I am starting to get frustrated. Your recruiter can't get you in shape, you have to do that on your own. He can stand there and watch you do it, but he can't do it for you. But, being the highly trained Marine NCO or Staff NCO, he can tell you what needs to be done. It may not seem like the best idea to you at times, but believe me, he knows what he is talking about. Now, sure it would be nice to have all the nifty stuff that a gym has. But, last time I checked the PFT didn't involve anything in a gym. With the exception of a pull up assist machine, there isn't much you need that you can't get by working out alone. With a partner to hold your feet, you even have moved past the need for a pull up machine. There are thousands of places to look for PT advice. (I am sure there is even some on this board!) There are books written about the PT program at MCRD, there are web sites dedicated to military fittness... all the information you need is out there, show some initative and desire, and go find it. If you can't, send a PM to me and I will show you where it is. But remember, nobody can do it for you. I can't get you ready, your recruiter can't get you ready, six guns, bones, nor anyone else can. It is something you have to do... so go do it.

Like I said. I do PT on my own I don't need anyone to hold my hand while I get out and do my runs, or watch me do situps, or pushups ect.

I just found it funny that one of my recruiters main selling points is "I will help your son/daughter get prepared mentally and physically for recruit training".

and as for the gym thing I just think it would be nice to be able to get into the gym and workout on the days that it rains (which its been raining here on and off for a couple weeks now ).

and as for PT advice I dont need any, I've read everything in this forum, and on numerous other sites.

firstsgtmike
    Guest Free Member
    Damn, ProtectnServe.,

I wish I had it all together the way you think you do.

"I dont need any, I've read everything "

I'm going to make you eat your words, OR you can make me eat mine.

After graduation, come back here as a Marine, and announce once again that you didn't need any advice, because you had read everyting and had it all together.

BEWARE. I had many parents who lost their bet with me and were required to make a "substantial" contributuion to the Toys For Tots program.

I supported the program, but I Never Lost.

Time passes on, and you MAY get lucky. Like a crap game, announce your point, and then make it. You're covered on the back line.

Registered User Free Member richgitz's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings
    Yes siree! firstsgtmike.
    Sounds like this person knows everything. Reading and knowing
    and doing are two different things. I hope for his sake he can
    back up everything he says. I know the DI's will find out, just how
    much superior this person is, on knowing everything. I guess only
    time will tell.

Thread Information