40 years ago today - Page 2
Create Post
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Poolee/DEP Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by davblay View Post
    I am posting this in Poolee hall for a reason! I want all the people to see this post. I was thinking earlier today that it was 40 years ago today that I got off that Cattle Car on MCRD at 0200hrs, and stood on those infamous yellow footprints. That was on a Monday, 12May69....exactly 40 years ago today. Now that day didn't end, as I recall, until Wednesday at about 2200hrs. The next few days are pretty much a blur, as you all know!

I sound like the WWII and Korea vets telling about enlisting "30" years ago, when they were telling us kids about thier service time. I really enjoyed talking to the IWO Vets, there were three in my community......ah but that was a long time ago.

Semper Fi Marines, the drings on me, for the Corps! GOD Bless us all!

Dave

Wow, sir! 40 years! I'll see you at the yellow footprints for sure. Story time! You have to star with "Back in my day...", though. Thank you for leading the way for poolees like me, sir.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Dave,,,,,,,, You beat me to those prints by 1 month. I guess you're the old fuk..... I remain a boot,,,,,,,,

July 7, 2009 will be 56 years since I showed up at Receiving Barracks at MCRD, San Diego. Didn't have to stand on any yellow footprints as they did not have them then. Seems like last week that the Drill Instructors were whispering sweet nothings in my ear while nibbling on it. Remember very well being taken to the chow hall and holding my tray out in front of me and the Drill Instructor (PFC Pallot) filling every compartment of the tray with cold Mac & Cheese because I never had a clue to pull back the tray when I had enough. I was then told to sit down and eat every bit of it. I cannot stand Mac & Cheese to this day. Semper Fi Marines and have a great tour of duty.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Old Marine,,,,,,, What part of Nevada you hidin in??? I recall the first few weeks o boot,,,, I didn't shet for 15 days. Wonder where it went?

Poolee/DEP Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Very insperational! Thank you for posting, and congratulations; it was good to hear.

Sparkie: Do you have brown eyes???

Northeastern Nevada. Sixty one miles west of Elko. Cowboy country and lots of gold mines.

Thread Information