MARSOC, but what about RECON?
Create Post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Question MARSOC, but what about RECON?

Ok so I know that MARSOC is fairly new to our Corps and that RECON has been around much longer but what is the difference? I know while in MARSOC training you are taught how to work in small groups sometimes pairs, you are taught different lenguages and get around 3000 dollars a year for civillian clothing (hence you doing missions as a civillian look alike.) The training is tough, and many times people don't make it through. I can go on and on about MARSOC becuase I have gone to the brief because they are in dire need of people.

Me and a friend of mine are training hard for the next six months before they come again and recruit at our base but now I'm thinking about what the life in RECON is like. Different? Maybe. I have no idea. I know that MARSOC runs its opperations under SOCOM so it does not take orders from the Marine Corps itself. So I wonder what the ranking structure is like, what the life style is like and so on. I know that in North Carolina SOCOM is building a 55 billion dollar facility for MARSOC, what it is and what will be in it? Only they know.

If you know about RECON please feel free to post and give me and maybe other Marines with the same question some insite on this question.

Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by ColdBlooded View Post
    Ok so I know that MARSOC is fairly new to our Corps and that RECON has been around much longer but what is the difference? I know while in MARSOC training you are taught how to work in small groups sometimes pairs, you are taught different lenguages and get around 3000 dollars a year for civillian clothing (hence you doing missions as a civillian look alike.) The training is tough, and many times people don't make it through. I can go on and on about MARSOC becuase I have gone to the brief because they are in dire need of people.

Me and a friend of mine are training hard for the next six months before they come again and recruit at our base but now I'm thinking about what the life in RECON is like. Different? Maybe. I have no idea. I know that MARSOC runs its opperations under SOCOM so it does not take orders from the Marine Corps itself. So I wonder what the ranking structure is like, what the life style is like and so on. I know that in North Carolina SOCOM is building a 55 billion dollar facility for MARSOC, what it is and what will be in it? Only they know.

If you know about RECON please feel free to post and give me and maybe other Marines with the same question some insite on this question.
    Where do you get half your info from? Pay off your GI Bill before you start trying to advertise something you obviously know nothing about. Good luck on your "tryouts", champ.

Ok so I'm guessing the recruiter for MARSOC is just pulling **** out of his ass then? If you got **** give him ****. Enjoy the rest of your day.

Oh and if you didn't know that MARSOC was under the command of SOCOM then I'll take your crossrifles "LCpl."

Credits
    Savings
    haha..you can have 'em, Kemosabe...yes MarSoc does fall under SoCom....the rest is a little subject to interpretation..but I'm just a dumb grunt so fagheddboudit..

Credits
    Savings
    ps...dont bother cussin...with the filters all we see is stars and your point gets lost.. SF

need one of these paidinblood?

Credits
    Savings
    Had plenty today...off to bed now..going to do the rocky thing and run swim run the beach before work tomorrow...that's the intent but it might look more like this at first:

then this

and finally:

Oh and if you didn't know that MARSOC was under the command of SOCOM then I'll take your crossrifles "LCpl."
    Alright Private First Class, time for you to knock off the attitude.

Knowing that MarSOC is part of SOCOM is not grounds for talking down to a LCpl.
    And it certainly doesn't qualify the cocky to be promoted.

Yes Cpl, we were just ****ing around, no pun intended.

All right,

If you're serious, start training hard. Be at peak mental and physical shape. Whatever shape you're in now, train twice as hard.

Instead of getting pre-conceptions, it is better to go thru with none. Everyone's experience is different. Go in with an open mind.

Adapt, improvise, and overcome.

Don't quit.

Great time. Great people. Great training.

Yes Cpl, we were just ****ing around, no pun intended.
    No, he was ****ing around. You have a damn attitude problem, and this isn't the first time I've seen it. For someone who asks so many questions about so many things you might want to tone down the attitude before there's no one around here willing to help your smart ass out anymore!

Why didn't you ask your MARSOC recruiter about the differences between them and Recon?

ColdBlooded

Most of Marines on this site have more time in combat than you have in the Marine Corps, so please have some respect and bite your tongue once in a while.

Welcome to the Corps, young Devil.

I hate it when a PFC talks to a LCpl like that... I don't tolerate that around my shop, and everyone knows it.

I had a PFC doing morning cleanup after PT everyday for a week and a half (weekends included at 0500), and buffing decks for three hours for two of those days too (in the evenings, on his liberty time), because he had an attitude problem. I had the full support of the NCOs on that one. I don't tolerate attitudes.

Quote Originally Posted by JWDevilDog View Post
    I hate it when a PFC talks to a LCpl like that... I don't tolerate that around my shop, and everyone knows it.

I had a PFC doing morning cleanup after PT everyday for a week and a half (weekends included at 0500), and buffing decks for three hours for two of those days too (in the evenings, on his liberty time), because he had an attitude problem. I had the full support of the NCOs on that one. I don't tolerate attitudes.
    With all do respect LCpl, I'm no **** bag, I do my job with amazing talent, roll my sleeves to perfection, and respect NCO's and higher at all times. PVT, PFC and LCpl however havent earned rank at all, it was given to them. The LCpls that take this whole power trip to the max are usually the ones who think of the Marine Corps as a portal to letting their anger out on other people because of their shi*ty life before joining. Yes, people are going to talk **** about me and my comment but is this a forum? Yes. Is this my opinion? Yes. Is this what most people agree with whom I have spoken too? Yes. Actually... all people. As a Marine I have amazing leaders that know great mission accomplishment and have taught me alot these 6 months I have been in the fleet. Trust me the way you're treating that PFC is going to get you the product of a PFC that's not going to get you the mission accomplishment you want, and you will not get respect from anyone either.

Thread Information