Dont get sick!
Create Post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dont get sick!

Dont get sick!

I know that is pretty obvious, but I'm serious. I've been sick for 2 weeks now...I was supposed to ship on monday but they won't let me because of my cold. I have to check back in on the 15th and my new ship date is 20090526.

So if you are nearing your ship date take EXTRA precautions to not get sick. Take a vitamin c supplement and drink a **** load of water. The last thing you want is to have your dream delayed because of something as stupid as a cold.

Trust me.

Now stay healthy, stay motivated, and get some!

Hope you get well soon.

Dammit, my allergies have been assaulting me all week (red itchy eyes, stuffy nose...) think I'll get screwed over by this?

ship date 20090601

Quote Originally Posted by JonH View Post
    Dammit, my allergies have been assaulting me all week (red itchy eyes, stuffy nose...) think I'll get screwed over by this?

ship date 20090601

Bro man you got 1 month, your completely fine, plus April is one of the worst months for hay fever and what not. I live in an area where temperature varies daily! Today was 77 yesterday was 52, and tomorrow is 55 its hard staying in good health when temperature fluctuates like that.

My advice is take NyQuil in tablet forms get a good night rest.....like 10 hours, go to bed early take the next day easy you should be fine.

best of luck!

I wouldn't worry too much about it. The reason they postponed my shipdate were because they didn't want me to either get other people sick, or to get bronchitis or pneumonia while training. So although it sucks, it's understandable. Good luck.

Quote Originally Posted by mbrazil View Post
    I wouldn't worry too much about it. The reason they postponed my shipdate were because they didn't want me to either get other people sick, or to get bronchitis or pneumonia while training. So although it sucks, it's understandable. Good luck.
    Pneumonia sucks in training! I ended up getting dropped because of it the day before 2nd phase began. It sucks when you get dropped because you always know you should be X amount of time ahead of where you are now.

jonh i would be soooo down to trade you ship dates.. i don't ship until 20090811 lol
    wait is that even possible? Any Marines?

Quote Originally Posted by duarte View Post
    jonh i would be soooo down to trade you ship dates.. i don't ship until 20090811 lol

I highly doubt you can trade somone ship dates...

HA! No way, man. I want to get the hell out of here and get to boot already as it is- hopefully whatever it is I'm allergic to doesn't grow on the island though...

Quote Originally Posted by JonH View Post

ship date 20090601
    It'll take some research on your part.
    Find out what you are allergic to and find out if that will be there when you are at Boot Camp.

Or just reschedule to the Fall or Winter months.

Possible to trade ship dates? Yes, it is, kind of. You both would have to be from the same recruiting station, and the only way the trade would work is if both your MOS's have open slots in the new time frames. It would take a lot of work on your recruiter's part, and he would probably just tell you it isn't worth it. He would have a headache for awhile if he tried.

Quote Originally Posted by Achped View Post
    I hate poolees
    And I hate Marines who have nothing constructive to add when others are trying to mentor.
    .... small world...

Quote Originally Posted by Achped View Post
    I hate poolees
    Hahahahahahahahaha.

Watch out for that Swine flu crap too, last I heard there are two recruits being treated for it and are quarantined in their own squad bay.

scary stuff!

Thread Information