Combat Fitness Test
Create Post
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Combat Fitness Test

i have no idea what it is and i have one saturday. i just want to know so i know what to expect.

you'll learn, don't worry about it.

ok that sounds good not really the answer i was looking for but it helps lol

looks fun to me!!!

... tell me that on sunday.

It's a 880 meter SPRINT, followed by a 2 minute timed ammo can life. Ammo cans are 30 lbs each. Last is a maneuver under fire run/crawl/sprint/walk.

Right now it's pass or fail so it's pretty easy. Soon we will be given points based on our performance that will effect our promotion points...somehow.

Remember to hydrate and stretch and you should be fine.

o i will

I think it's taking both scores and divide by two... similar to what the new rifle range with K2 is like... though that is different.

I'd say this is the way it'll be 'cause you can't run three miles and be large enough to get a 300 on the CFT

We ran a CFT at my RS last week and I have got to say it was the most demanding physical test I have done.

This is how we had it broken down:
    You start out with an 800 meter(2 laps) sprint. After a very short break we did ammo can lifts. Each ammo can was 30 pounds and you had to lift it above your head until your elbows lock and let it down past your chin. Then you get a 5 minute break().

After the break, you then get paired up with a partner who is within 10 pounds of your weight. Now, this next part is done consecutively without a break.First you do a 20 yard sprint to a cone, circle around it, then hit the ground. Then you high crawl (which is actually with you stomach on the ground) for 20 yards. You then get on your hands and knees and crawl like that for another 20 yards. Then you get up and zig zag around some cones that are spaced about 10 yards apart diagnally. After that you go up to your partner who is sitting on the ground and pick him up under the arms and drag him back through the zig zag cones. You then have to firemans carry him back to the starting line, which is about 70 yards. You set him down on the line and pick up 2 ammo cans, one in each hand, and sprint all the way down to the grenade toss, set down the cans, and toss a grenade, aiming for a target area (if you make it,-5 sec, if you miss +5 sec). Then you pick up the ammo cans and go through the zig zag cones again and sprint to the finish.

This is what I got on it:
    800m sprint-2:34
    30lb ammo can lifts-80
    Combat course-2:54

All in all, its really hard but fun at the same time. I would much rather do this than an IST/PFt

Quote Originally Posted by Gunner614 View Post
    We ran a CFT at my RS last week and I have got to say it was the most demanding physical test I have done.

This is how we had it broken down:
    You start out with an 800 meter(2 laps) sprint. After a very short break we did ammo can lifts. Each ammo can was 30 pounds and you had to lift it above your head until your elbows lock and let it down past your chin. Then you get a 5 minute break().

After the break, you then get paired up with a partner who is within 10 pounds of your weight. Now, this next part is done consecutively without a break.First you do a 20 yard sprint to a cone, circle around it, then hit the ground. Then you high crawl (which is actually with you stomach on the ground) for 20 yards. You then get on your hands and knees and crawl like that for another 20 yards. Then you get up and zig zag around some cones that are spaced about 10 yards apart diagnally. After that you go up to your partner who is sitting on the ground and pick him up under the arms and drag him back through the zig zag cones. You then have to firemans carry him back to the starting line, which is about 70 yards. You set him down on the line and pick up 2 ammo cans, one in each hand, and sprint all the way down to the grenade toss, set down the cans, and toss a grenade, aiming for a target area (if you make it,-5 sec, if you miss +5 sec). Then you pick up the ammo cans and go through the zig zag cones again and sprint to the finish.

This is what I got on it:
    800m sprint-2:34
    30lb ammo can lifts-80
    Combat course-2:54

All in all, its really hard but fun at the same time. I would much rather do this than an IST/PFt
    It's supposed to be 880. Add a few seconds to your time.

Quote Originally Posted by SSgt Petzold View Post
    I think it's taking both scores and divide by two... similar to what the new rifle range with K2 is like... though that is different.

I'd say this is the way it'll be 'cause you can't run three miles and be large enough to get a 300 on the CFT
    Huh?

80 meters is like 2 feet... those silly europeans just want you to think it's 263 feet... what do they know!! hahaha. semper!!!!!

edit: add your PFT and your CFT divide by two and they score you by that number... get too high and you make it confusing... plus it kinda does the same thing..... if they are both 300 then they can keep their current charts for composite score purposes.

Ummm.. Ill be glad to hear if you like it so much saturday.. That is if you can move.

when i took the CFT it was toned down but i still managed to get sick, but that was at my first pool meet and i was not prepared.

And you will be sore, there is no doubt there.

Thread Information