Post Weight Loss Goals! 09 Edition - Page 3
Create Post
Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    dont buy a scale they will D-moto you trust me
    Quote Originally Posted by GavinL91 View Post
    Yeah,its good to see some people post,i felt alone for a while.I need to buy a scale though,to track my progress.

Credits
    Savings
    Height: 5'10
    Current Weight:165 lbs
    Objective: trying to get back down to 155 and tone myself. Then start building muscle.
    Time: Before September
    Current Diet: Lean meats, fish.
    Diet Supplements: Ripped Fuel Extreme

Quote Originally Posted by KilpatrickF250 View Post
    the human mind is a magnificent thing put your mind to it, and you'll get there.

Even last night, I was puking before p.t. I pushed myself to go. We only did the IST, but I still got my 95 crunches, 5 pullups, and I really had to push myself to finish the 1 1/2 mile. I puked for 5 minutes after that and then we had a relay race and did an abdominal workout, then we built a house. It sucked, but I feel better knowing I pushed hard and I'm getting results. The mentallity is there, results will soon follow.

Marine Friend Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by Wes40138 View Post
    Man , That is good stuff ! I'm not talking about your weight loss ,I'm speaking of that Slayer shirt Just kidding,that is seriously motivating . I am hovering around 326 right now (I started out on Christmas eve @ 391 , so roughly I've lost 65lbs in 4 months ) A wise Marine (beyond his years) told me " Do you want to dig deep or just settle ?" My goal is to DEP in September , I need to lose another 80lbs . Just a measly 80 lbs ......
    Haha its an official concert tee too lol

Good luck on losing the 80lbs. Its is hard, at times. Temptation is always a B****! but the more you hold out the better off you will be. I weighed in this morning at 237! so it is possible.

My work out regiment i not as tough as it should be. I dont do too much weight lifting, i need to make weight first.

I work out 5 days a week at the gym. I live in San Diego, so usually the navy base gym( thks SSgt Inzunza) for getting us in. I stay at the gym and do cardio for about an 30 minutes at a non stop run uping the speed every 5 minutes. then a 10-15 minutes of speed walking. usually do about 3.5 = miles a day. Then sit in the sauna for 20 min, and do it again, but slower and out on the track.

Eating wise, i eat oatmeal (not instant) for breakfast, OR a bowl of special K. Eat the suggested serving size on the package. about 150-200 calories. for lunch it is a frozen lean meal from vons. each one is about ~300 +/- calories. Dinner is a chicken breast with veggies, or a salad ( no dressing or croutons - they bad for you and add to many calories)

Its funny i actually enjoy running now, for the most part. The more you run the easier it is. You will lose that 80lbs quick. I lose about 20lbs a month on average. If you get in a plateau, keep on going dont stop, if anything add more calories, so you body will get out of "conserve mode".

Marine Friend Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Sup guys,ive came up with a workout
    I call it Chase,its basically you and a partner playing tag.The first person runs and the "chaser" counts to 3 and sprints for them,The sets are 4,but if you get caught,it adds a sprint,you each take turns sprinting and chasing.A good and fun workout to get the blood pumpin and heart going.

Quote Originally Posted by KilpatrickF250 View Post
    Hows it going guys, 6'3 210, looking to cut down to 200 and lean out, while this goal is a lot smaller than most, I'm fighting a family history of being large. It's going to take more than a little foul history to keep this poolee from staying moto. We'll make it guys, just don't stop looking forward and never quit. DO OR DIE

your height weight regs are like 216-218 active duty... you're within height and weight standards... you're not "large" unless you have nothing but fat that needs to be turned into muscle.

Quote Originally Posted by GavinL91 View Post
    Also thought about gettin me a sauna suit,to sweat more when i run.

you want to hydrate before and during a run, not dehydrate... canc that sauna suit... it will only make you loose water weight, and when your muscles are 70% water what suffers a bigger lose? muscle or fat?????

Quote Originally Posted by MrSnips View Post
    A Marine at MEPS shared with me a fairly interesting and difficult workout with me and the rest of us bored guys while we were waiting.

Its a mix of jumping jacks and push ups. Basically you start with a jumping jack, than bend from the waste until your hands touch the floor and kick your legs straight back into the push up position, after that you do one push up and kick your legs back up to how you were before going into the push up position, stand up and do a jumping jack.

It works everything pretty well.

it's called a "body builder"

the Marines have what's called an 8-count body builder

one side straddle hop (thats two counts one up one down), bend over (one), kick your feet out (one) do a push up (two, one down, one up), kick your feet back under (one), stand up(one).

you can do 16 count body builders which requires you to do 3 side straddle hops and 3 push ups.... basically modify it how you see fit... but they are called body builders.

Quote Originally Posted by MrSnips View Post
    Is there any good way to work on push ups besides doing pushups? thats the only thing i'm having trouble with. The other 3 things have been easy to work on.

do planks.... or stay in the "rest" position... planks require you to rest on your elbows... you can do side planks also... other ideas are from the plank to reach our with one hand to "change the channel" as if you are turning the nob on the tv... and then do the same with the other hand... but have about 10 sec. inbetween arm raises... after you do 10sec left hand change 10 sec right hand change... that's one rep. get to ten reps and see where you are on push ups after that.

Quote Originally Posted by Ranger03 View Post
    Haha its an official concert tee too lol

Good luck on losing the 80lbs. Its is hard, at times. Temptation is always a B****! but the more you hold out the better off you will be. I weighed in this morning at 237! so it is possible.

My work out regiment i not as tough as it should be. I dont do too much weight lifting, i need to make weight first.

I work out 5 days a week at the gym. I live in San Diego, so usually the navy base gym( thks SSgt Inzunza) for getting us in. I stay at the gym and do cardio for about an 30 minutes at a non stop run uping the speed every 5 minutes. then a 10-15 minutes of speed walking. usually do about 3.5 = miles a day. Then sit in the sauna for 20 min, and do it again, but slower and out on the track.

Eating wise, i eat oatmeal (not instant) for breakfast, OR a bowl of special K. Eat the suggested serving size on the package. about 150-200 calories. for lunch it is a frozen lean meal from vons. each one is about ~300 +/- calories. Dinner is a chicken breast with veggies, or a salad ( no dressing or croutons - they bad for you and add to many calories)

Its funny i actually enjoy running now, for the most part. The more you run the easier it is. You will lose that 80lbs quick. I lose about 20lbs a month on average. If you get in a plateau, keep on going dont stop, if anything add more calories, so you body will get out of "conserve mode".

I feel as if I'm spamming the crap out of this thread, but I haven't read it before and many of you need some guidance.

this enboldened text is GREAT, GREAT information... I am going to say Ranger03 is the guy you need to PM for your health/nutrition needs.

if he has questions he can PM me, I have a few other Marines who can assist.

eventually you will burn more calories than you take in, and you body will burn muscle and conserve fat... so taking more calories is NOT a bad idea... without getting into math and nutrition, there is a specific caloric intake for every person... you can't take the same portions another poolee is taking to lose weight... you need to find your groove, and sometimes it changes on you.

stay flexible, stay motivated and most of all stay active!!!

semper good luck

I'm looking to lose fat and gain muscle mass. Ideally, 25lbs less would be nice. My workout routine is M-W-F 0500 cardio 2-4 miles then after 2000 I do upper body weights. T-R-Sat. 0500 is cardio 2-4 miles and then lower body weights at night. Lunch is a tuna sandwich with a yogurt and I drink nothing but water. I have a few small snacks as well to ensure my calorie intake isn't to low.

that's lots of cardio... consider cutting some of it, and increasing your anabolic weight lifting time.

good job on the diet.

Quote Originally Posted by SSgt Petzold View Post
    that's lots of cardio... consider cutting some of it, and increasing your anabolic weight lifting time.

good job on the diet.
    Thank you for your input Staff Sergeant. In your opinion, would I benefit more from halving my cardio workout? The weight routine's are between 1hr and 2hr depending on how busy the gym is. Sometimes it's hard to keep the blood pumping due to the lack of availability of equipment.

I'd say, you should cut the cardio in increments of one day at a time for two weeks, then another day... until you get to about 3 - 4 days of cardio... as for the gym... if you can't use equipment do push-ups, leg lifts, crunches, the plank... there are so many that you don't need equipment for... and all of them will benefit your body until equipment opens up...

Quote Originally Posted by SSgt Petzold View Post
    I'd say, you should cut the cardio in increments of one day at a time for two weeks, then another day... until you get to about 3 - 4 days of cardio... as for the gym... if you can't use equipment do push-ups, leg lifts, crunches, the plank... there are so many that you don't need equipment for... and all of them will benefit your body until equipment opens up...
    Thank you again. I'll mix it up a bit and see what it looks like. I need to speak with my sister for some specific stretches anyway. She has a PhD in Physical Therapy and is pretty good when it comes to stretching. Me, not so much.

Thread Information