Strange Discharge - Page 2
Create Post
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    thank you all for your outstanding support & really good suggestions--I will be passing on all your e-mails to his father this week--I truely hope he will get the help he needs but he has to want to help himself,& I fear he has no inner incentive to do it---Semper Fi

Ladies and Gentlemen if they don't want treatment they will fight you and fight you hard. The VA or Private hospitals can not keep you un-less the person is a danger to his self or others, what we, them, or who ever says is not proof of this.

Yes it sounds like he is in deep need of our help. Talk to him get him to want some help(I know it not over night) but he has got to want the help first. If he has a OTH discharge our other than Honorable go now and go as fast as you can to the Review Board, It is hard to get them changed but not impossible, you will need medical, personals reports of the PTSD.
    But you need to jump on this fast if over a year it is almost impossible to do this.

But if all possible get him to and in the VA System. I know it may not be perfect but I do know it has changed a helll of a lot from the early years, and we can hope it keeps getting better and not go back-wards.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    You're right, they do and will fight you hard. I have a scar on my forehead where Mike sliced off a thin piece of meat swinging a butcher knife at me. If they don't want the help, they won't do it. He didn't think there was anything wrong with himself and after that first trip to rehab, he started checking himself in every now and then.

Sometimes all the help in the world that you want to get for them isn't worth the time/money/blood/sweat/tears if they don't want it.

Phantom Blooper
    Guest Free Member
    No advice other the suggestions you been given....

Although I had a Strange Discharge one time and had to go to sickbay...the sawbones cured me!

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Phantom Blooper View Post
    Although I had a Strange Discharge one time and had to go to sickbay...the sawbones cured me!

It was really black cat bones

This is my personal experance,not to be taken as a win,over the past 43 years since my injurys ,when I was discharged with a negative medical history page in my SRB,I had to fight the VA for any upgrades in my Comp,the only body that would help is my local Congressman ,it may sound like asking the powers to be as a stupid thing and all they do is hang around waiting to campain for the next election,wrong. They have the power and the staff to look into any wrongdoing and if what you say is fact about him it will be overturned and set straight.I know from first hand experance.TonyD

Thread Information