I'm playing my FAVOR card right now: Hey anyone about to join the Marine Corps... - Page 3
Closed Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Well Nick, alot of the Marines on here are old and cranky. Even a decorated combat vet like Accord can't ask for something if its not "their way".

Credits
    Savings

School for Scoundrels

Quote Originally Posted by SSgt Petzold View Post
    or spelling hajjis wrong.... it's the hajj... and someone who has traveled on the hajj usually tend to be the good guys... and you know something, you're too late in the war to be calling them hajjis anyways, most of them are being duped into being bombers and snipers, etc., by Chechnyans (they're all criminals!) and other extremist groups... all just wanting to kill Americans.

you are no longer fighting Iraq, but you are trying to defend it.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hajj

How can you even try to knock his spelling? These are all transliterations of a different language...muj/mooj/mooge whatever. Every war or "vacation" has had a unique term of endearment IOT depersonalize or even demonize the enemy to aid in the instant and remorseful termination of said douchebag. Not saying these things are appropriate for public consumption but every Marine who serves in combat owns forever the right to say whatever the F he wants because he and his brothers purchase the rights to that campaign. SF

These are the only absolute spellings, and even then there are minor variations...

Hajji
    الحجّي
    "MUJ"AHEDIN
    مجاهدين
    ‎‎

Marine Friend Free Member NicholasITALY's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by Achped View Post
    Well Nick, alot of the Marines on here are old and cranky. Even a decorated combat vet like Accord can't ask for something if its not "their way".
    I Got it. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Achped View Post

We do have some "old and cranky" Marines on here but there earned that title. They are the one's that blazed the trails that you and I walk down. Being a decorated combat vet doesn't make any difference either. This does become a moral and ethics issue though. Thats all I will say about it because I don't want to get into this mess of asking for this type of help.

Quote Originally Posted by PaidinBlood View Post
    How can you even try to knock his spelling? These are all transliterations of a different language...muj/mooj/mooge whatever. Every war or "vacation" has had a unique term of endearment IOT depersonalize or even demonize the enemy to aid in the instant and remorseful termination of said douchebag. Not saying these things are appropriate for public consumption but every Marine who serves in combat owns forever the right to say whatever the F he wants because he and his brothers purchase the rights to that campaign. SF

These are the only absolute spellings, and even then there are minor variations...

Hajji
    الحجّي
    "MUJ"AHEDIN

مجاهدين
    ‎‎

True. We do tend to make "slain" names for our enemy so as it doesn't seem personal. Saves on sleep to.

Credits
    Savings
    I got to typing too fast and outran my brain...apologies. Remorseful should have read remorseless... oops... What a mook.

Quote Originally Posted by NicholasITALY View Post
    I'm wondering why the other Marines don't support Accord. You are brothers, I know it might not be cool ask favors over the internet but this is what we do here. At least what you Marines do here. We ask and we get our answers. Accord has helped a lot of people just like everyone else in here. If he now need help, why not help him? I don't know how things work with the promotions/MOS etc but heck when someone needs help, needs help. He helped us, why shouldn't we help him?
    I can only see a couple of Marines here supporting Accord.

But then again YOU ARE MARINES so this is your buisness, just wanted to share my 2 cents on what was going on here.
    Some day you will figure it out stay along for the ride.

Quote Originally Posted by PaidinBlood View Post
    I got to typing too fast and outran my brain...apologies. Remorseful should have read remorseless... oops... What a mook.
    "Termination of said douchebag" now that's quotable.

Well dude I don't know about all this. You say your MOS is closed out and you rate a score high enough to be promoted to Cpl, and yet you are asking for referrals for 100 more points towards your cutting score. It doesn't add up, devil. Why ask for more points when you already rate the score?

Sorry, devil, I'm just not convinced.

Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by JWDevilDog View Post
    Well dude I don't know about all this. You say your MOS is closed out and you rate a score high enough to be promoted to Cpl, and yet you are asking for referrals for 100 more points towards your cutting score. It doesn't add up, devil. Why ask for more points when you already rate the score?

He said he was high enough to be an 0311 or about any damned other job. not 0351 which was at 175-something.1756 I think.

Marine Friend Free Member NicholasITALY's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by SGT7477 View Post
    Some day you will figure it out stay along for the ride.
    Aye Sergeant.

Quote Originally Posted by JWDevilDog View Post

This is part of why I have been keeping my comments to myself on this topic. If they are closing out the MOS, they probably aren't promoting anyone to Cpl and above with that MOS. And if thats the case, 100 referals won't even help.

Quote Originally Posted by Accord View Post
    but unfortunately my MOS on paper is still 0351 so i've still got the 0351 cutting score even though the last time I ever did anything even remotely close to being an 0351 was 2.5 years ago in SOI.
    I must've read this too quickly. I interpreted it to mean that his score is high enough, thus "I've still got the 0351 cutting score." I guess he mean't he's still stuck with the high ass score that comes with being on 0351, not that his is high enough.

My bad, attention to detail I guess. Gotta admit tho, gents, that the way he worded it is a bit ambiguous.

I am a Lance Corporal in an MOS that had a 150% re-enlistment rate and is now being phased out of the Marine Corps, I am an 0351. Because of this it is impossible for me to pick up Corporal and a meritorious board is not possible because all quotas have been used up for this fiscal year in my unit. I am a high expert on both rifle and pistol, my last PFT was a 299, my pro/con's are 4.9/4.9, I have more than 40 completed MCI's, I am a Lance Corporal currently holding a STAFF SERGEANTS billet with Corporals and Sergeants under me, and above all else I kept my Marines alive during combat in Afghanistan - I am not ashamed to say and make it known that i'm a good ****ing Marine... but because of my MOS I simply can't pick up Corporal.
    Ok, honestly Accord, I just don't understand. After re-reading your posts that have info about your MOS in them, honestly there are some discrepancies.

First, you say your MOS is being phased out, and it is "impossible" for you to pick up Cpl. If this is true, that 100 points from recruiting will not possibly help.

Second, you say all quotas have been used for this fiscal year. You realize the fiscal year is half over, right? Which means in October, if your MOS allows any new Cpls, you can be recommend for a meritorious board. Which, if you are really as good on paper and as a leader as you say you are, then it won't be a problem at all to be recommended for a meritorious board. Also, if you are this good, you won't have a problem winning the board.

Tried to lat move into an MOS that will pretty much change the rest of my life, passed the screening and everything required for the lat move but was told to come back when I picked up Corporal.
    If I go on MSG duty it's going to be because I want to go on MSG duty, not because of getting promoted or getting points. I'd rather stay in the fleet, train Marines to stay alive, lead Marines in combat, and kill more haji's - too bad you don't get bonus points for doing any of that.
    Third, you say you tried to lat-move into an MOS that will change the rest of your life. What do you mean by that? If you mean a pog MOS, then that second statement, quoted above about MSG duty, is inconsistent with your first. The only way they could be consistent with each other is if by the first statement you meant you tried lat-moving into an MOS that is infantry. Which, by the sounds of it, is not the case.

Our training schedule is too busy and I am too valuable to my unit for them to allow me to go on RA, believe me, i've tried.
    Fourth, and my final point for now, if you are really as valuable to your unit as you say you are, then you would be more valuable to them as a Corporal of Marines than as a Lance coolie. Your chain of command, with all their incredible years of experience combined amongst them, would recognize that. If you are as valuable and sh*t-hot as you say, then your chain of command would send you on RA to help you get that 100 points. Also, if they truly will not allow you to go on RA and if you want to pick up Cpl so bad, you could request to be transferred to another unit, where you would be just as invaluable there. Sure, you would have to re-establish yourself, but that wouldn't be difficult at all for someone of your.... stature. I maintain, though, that any chain of command who truly cares about their Marines (and if I understand grunt units as well as I think, that is just about any experienced grunt unit in the Marine Corps, more so than most pog units) would want a super sh*t-hot LCPL as a Cpl instead of an E-3.

Now, maybe you will say that you perform a Cpl's job already anyway, so rank really doesn't matter. If that is the case, why did you make this thread?

Oh boy, here we go.

1) That was way to much research and comparative analysis than I would have thought was possible for this site so I'm conflicted on whether to commend JWDD or just shake my head and say "What the hell was that all about?"

2) Bottom line here is, and this is directed at the poolee's as much as Accord...I don't think Accord should get these points through the means he's requesting. There is a certain amount of integrity and honesty that we as Marines are supposed to display and just because your MOS is closed out for promotion doesn't mean all of that should fly out the window. My MOS closed out for Sgt 2 months before I was eligible and I EAS'd after 2 1/2 years as a Corporal with a 1793 cutting score. Was I ****ed that I didn't see Sgt before I got out even though I was a pretty damn good Marine and an excellent Intelligence Analyst? Sh!t yeah I was but that's the way it is and the Marine Corps didn't see fit to promote me because it had enough Sgt's already in my MOS.

So in closing, I just think that Accord, as much as I like you from what I've seen on this forum, this is just wrong and not a part of what being a Marine is about. If you want to see Cpl or even a rank beyond that, there are other means and several have been laid out on here already (Ex: MSG). Improvise, Adapt, Overcome right? Not cheat the system!

Thread Information