Recruitment question
Create Post
    Marine Friend Free Member
    Credits
    Savings

Recruitment question

Hi, I myself an NOT female, however I am prior service Army.(go ahead, rip away!haha). I love to collect military movies and recently purchased Ears Open,Eyeballs Click which btw, I thought was a great movie about MC basic.
    So my wife and I are watching it and she has always considered joining the military however, got into a great job and 11 years later, is still at. But after watching the movie it really got into her and she is seriously talking about joining the Corps now HOWEVER, she isn't 19 anymore. We have 2 kids, she is 31 AND recently were forced to file for bankruptcy.

Being prior service I am aware these are all HUGE detracting qualifiers when it comes to joining the military, ESPECIALLY the Marine Corps who has the strictest standards of all the branches.
    I found this forum that seems to have excellent threads and very mature, intelligent members, and YES I did indeed use the "search" function, however I felt it necessary to start a new topic in the hopes a recruiter, or former recruiter could give his or her opinion. I don't want to waste our time or a recruiters time if this isn't even a possibility.

Thank you in advance for any information you can share, even if it is to prior Army!! haha! Semper Fi Marines, your the best of the best and your service to this country doesn't go unoticed by all, despite what the current goverment and media says or does.

Credits
    Savings
    Images

Michael

Thank you for your service. The standard for male and female is not to have reached the 29th birthday. She would also have 3 dependents that includes yourself. She would be a age waiver, and that won't happen even back when I was on recruiting duty. My source for these qualifications is: MPPM (Miliatary Personell Procurment Manual). There may have been revisions since I was on the street but I doubt that the age and waiver criterias have changed.

Sorry to be there bearer of the bad news but I thought being direct as I can be would be the best route for you and your family. Good luck.

Gunny out

I am a Career Recruiter. And what was previously stated is true. With 3 dependents one can only go into the Reserves. She will be an age waiver, 50/50 shot at that. She would also have to run a complete Physical Fitness Test for the waiver. I have been Recruiting for almost 9 years and have only seen maybe a handful of 30+ years get approved.

Marine Friend Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Not a problem, that's why I asked. I thought about my time in the service and even though I am only 37, my knees remind my why this is best left to the youth of our generation.
    Thanks for the candid response gunny, I will inform her about it tonight.

Thread Information