Clothing issue
Create Post

Thread: Clothing issue

Clothing issue

Was anybody on this forum issued leggings in bootcamp? I was and I don`t remember when we had to turn them in.

Leggings???

Quote Originally Posted by giveen View Post
    Leggings???
    I imagine the Sgt is talking about the Yellow leggings that identified our servicemembers as Marines and caused the Koreans to withdraw instead of facing such a fierce and tenacious opponent.

Semper Fi.

Quote Originally Posted by NoRemorse View Post
    I imagine the Sgt is talking about the Yellow leggings that identified our servicemembers as Marines and caused the Koreans to withdraw instead of facing such a fierce and tenacious opponent.
    Actually, those legging weren't yellow, they were khaki. I think the gook term for the actual color was mistranslated as "yellow."

Thanks for the clarification, MSgt.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by yanacek View Post
    Actually, those legging weren't yellow, they were khaki. I think the gook term for the actual color was mistranslated as "yellow."
    Hey! You can't call them damn slopes gooks! It ain't P-C!

Quote Originally Posted by DWG View Post
    OMG, I'm fvckin crying here.

Fvcking monitor almost got ruined. That deserves a prize.

What? That's what they were referred to by those who served in Korea. I've got some real gems for Japs. If you're interested, PM me.

Marine Family Free Member DevsDad's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by DWG View Post

ROFLMAO!! Just another reason I love you guys!

Top, I'd rather you kept the Japanese slurs off the public forums.... my wife is Japanese.

as for it being in good humor, I have no problem with it.... though there are some here who served during that time so I really don't know the motivation behind the slurs....

if that makes sense to you then disregard my first sentence.... if it doesn't then please understand I'm serious about my first sentence....

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    The military, any military, will come up with nicknames for their enemy de' jour! That is how, when Queen Victoria got tired of the Brit military referring to anyone non English white as n---rs she decreed that, anyone east of the Suez would be referred to as "Worthy Oriental Gentlemen" became wogs by the end of the same day in the barracks! What they call the french is unprintable!

I served in CAP units in Nam. I also dislike the use of GOOK, Slopes, and sacki sucking MF'ers....
    Most true combat marines will tell you that after the nightmares are over that there is some respect for those we fought with, and against.
    George
    Fighting for peace
    is kinna like
    Making love for virginity......

"Fighting for peace
    is kinna like
    Making love for virginity......"

this is awesome!!!

Thread Information