They changed the date on me? - Page 2
Create Post
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by KawiGunny View Post
    You didn't offend me. You are asking questions here that you need to be directing to your recruiter. He has the answers without us guessing.
    Sorry if I did not put that in my intial post but I did in fact ask him and he had no clue. Thats why I asked here to see if anyone had the same situation.

Thanks for all the responses and I hope to now claim my title even sooner!

Poolee/DEP Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by boblasek View Post
    Let me say thanks to all the Marines, Poolees and other people for the information i have gathered on this forum.

My ship date from what i signed is supposed to be August 24th 2009. I jusr recieved a call from my recruiter Sgt Nava that the date he sees on his computer (after i got my MOS) was August 3rd 2009. This does not bother much, but i would have most likely been home for Thanksgiving with my first ship date.

My question is can they do this and has anyone had this done to them? He said it might be because of schooling.
    We ship out the same day. Maybe we will be in the same platoon.

Poolee/DEP Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by C BAKER View Post
    We ship out the same day. Maybe we will be in the same platoon.
    Didn't get to edit my post in time. If we do or dont get in the same platoon. I would suggest getting your PT on. Because those 6 pull ups and 40 crunches are pathetic. My running time isn't good either but running for baseball helps alot and keeps me off the Lazy-Boy. So if i was in you position I would Get Some PT.

Quote Originally Posted by C BAKER View Post
    Didn't get to edit my post in time. If we do or dont get in the same platoon. I would suggest getting your PT on. Because those 6 pull ups and 40 crunches are pathetic. My running time isn't good either but running for baseball helps alot and keeps me off the Lazy-Boy. So if i was in you position I would Get Some PT.
    Yes I know they are very pathetic but I haven't done pull ups in over 6 years and I pulled off 6 in my first try. Sit ups have been getting better but I really need to work on my running. When I was applying for the Sheriffs all of my stats where a lot better.

Okay so I am editing my post because I read your profile. You put your ship date for 2008. Your pretty close to the border of the Mississippi so are you coming to MCRD San Diego or PI?

Poolee/DEP Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by boblasek View Post
    Yes I know they are very pathetic but I haven't done pull ups in over 6 years and I pulled off 6 in my first try. Sit ups have been getting better but I really need to work on my running. When I was applying for the Sheriffs all of my stats where a lot better.

Okay so I am editing my post because I read your profile. You put your ship date for 2008. Your pretty close to the border of the Mississippi so are you coming to MCRD San Diego or PI?
    MCRD San Diego.

Ship date

SDP: 20090227
    MOS: Aviation Mechanic
    MCRDPI
    Ship Date:20090801

My ship date was actually supposed to be 20090622 but due to the MOS I wanted which is Aviation Mechanic My recruiter had to request to push my ship date back to 20090801 because that is when Aviation Mechanic had its first open slot.

Quote Originally Posted by Poolee Vasquez View Post
    SDP: 20090227
    MOS: Aviation Mechanic
    MCRDPI
    Ship Date:20090801

My ship date was actually supposed to be 20090622 but due to the MOS I wanted which is Aviation Mechanic My recruiter had to request to push my ship date back to 20090801 because that is when Aviation Mechanic had its first open slot.

So you leave Saturday? which means we start on the same day (the 3rd) and have the same MOS. Maybe after MCT we will meet each other for our schooling?

ship date

Yeah we just might

Credits
    Savings
    Psh I dont know what your talking about 120 heat at PI. It freaking snowed on the damn range when I was there....and yes our drill instructors hit us with snowballs...bastards.

Thread Information