Officer Pride...
Create Post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Officer Pride...

Evening, Marines. I do realize that Marine Officers are still Marines, but it seems the Corps doesn't put as much emphasis on them being Marines, but moreso on them being an Officer. Is this just the way I'm seeing it, or is that how it really is? Also, one of the reasons I want to join the Corps in the first place is the brotherhood. As an Officer, is there that same brotherhood, as far as joking around with your 'peers' and whatnot? Or is that frowned upon as an Officer? I appreciate you answering my many questions Marines. Semper Fi.

My time on Okinawa was spent with officers, when they are off duty they have good times also,lol.

Officers are just as much Marine as enlisted. Some officers like to flash their collar around, but most of the one's I've worked with were pretty cool. I have worked with some really good officers, as long as we showed respect, they would address us Marine-to-Marine rather than officer-to-enlisted.

Quote Originally Posted by commdog7 View Post
    Officers are just as much Marine as enlisted. Some officers like to flash their collar around, but most of the one's I've worked with were pretty cool. I have worked with some really good officers, as long as we showed respect, they would address us Marine-to-Marine rather than officer-to-enlisted.
    That's exactly what I was looking for. The reason I asked here instead of on a Marine Officer forum was to get the opinion from an enlisted man, to get a better perspective on the relationship. That's what I was hoping to hear.

Here's my other question. Has anyone had their Cpt. and Maj. (or higher) go out on FTX's with you? Is that something that they decide, or does higher up determine that, or what? Cause I'd be fine with increasing paperwork as rank increases, but if I can't be in the field some, then I don't know.

I appreciate the reply Sgt's.

Last edited by 101matt1; 02-07-09 at 08:37 PM. Reason: Wanted to elaborate more...

Quote Originally Posted by 101matt1 View Post

Here's my other question. Has anyone had their Cpt. and Maj. (or higher) go out on FTX's with you? Is that something that they decide, or does higher up determine that, or what? Cause I'd be fine with increasing paperwork as rank increases, but if I can't be in the field some, then I don't know.
    Yes, they go to the field.

All officers spend time in a staff position at some point.

Before an O-3 can command a Rifle Company, he is required to work in a staff position for a cycle.

Credits
    Savings
    That's exactly what I was looking for. The reason I asked here instead of on a Marine Officer forum was to get the opinion from an enlisted man, to get a better perspective on the relationship. That's what I was hoping to hear.

I have been to the field-you're not missing much! Good luck to you, bro!

Ah. Alright. Makes sense.

PaidinBlood, I hear it's a love/hate relationship. Some may argue it's more hate, but I think I'll love that stuff. Thanks for the good wishes.

Thanks for the quick reply Marines. Semper Fi.

yellowwing
    Guest Free Member
    Read the Poolee Rules!
    Rule Six never use the words Semper Fi, Semper Fidelis or OORAH you do not rate that here until you have earned the title of United States Marine!

Credits
    Savings

... and a damm fine looking man, that commdog7!!

You might want to check profiles.

Dang, I'm screwing up left and right! Forgot about that poolee rule. My apologies.

I'm extremely sorry about that Commdog. Didn't check your profile.

Dang, I'm screwing up left and right! Forgot about that poolee rule. My apologies.

I'm extremely sorry about that Commdog. Didn't check your profile.
    That should be worth 50 pushups, oh hell she might make you do a 100,lol.

Tell ya what. I'll do 50 for you, and 100 for her. Just to make sure everything is covered.

Tell ya what. I'll do 50 for you, and 100 for her. Just to make sure everything is covered.
    Better yet do them until I get tired.

yellowwing
    Guest Free Member
    And the goshdarn Mods get nothing? How about 10 flights of stairs!

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Yeah I want mine too!

Jim

Thread Information