Continental Marine Painting
Create Post

Continental Marine Painting

I have been looking for a painting/picture that appeared on the cover of a Leatherneck magazine in the mid 90's. I think 95-96. I had it when I was like 15 or 16. It was for the Marine Corps birthday I think. I'm pretty sure it was a painting by Col. Charles Waterhouse. I have tried searching Leatherneck Mag. As well as all over the internet for a couple of years, and have not succeeded.

The picture was of a Continental Marine, wearing the Green blouse, and white trousers, aiming down the barrel of his rifle. It looked hard core. I think it even said 1775 on the cover.

I would like a bigger copy of the picture to hang in my house. If anyone could give me advice on how to find it, that would be awsome. SF

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Twitchell View Post
    I have been looking for a painting/picture that appeared on the cover of a Leatherneck magazine in the mid 90's. I think 95-96. I had it when I was like 15 or 16. It was for the Marine Corps birthday I think. I'm pretty sure it was a painting by Col. Charles Waterhouse. I have tried searching Leatherneck Mag. As well as all over the internet for a couple of years, and have not succeeded.

The picture was of a Continental Marine, wearing the Green blouse, and white trousers, aiming down the barrel of his rifle. It looked hard core. I think it even said 1775 on the cover.

I would like a bigger copy of the picture to hang in my house. If anyone could give me advice on how to find it, that would be awsome. SF
    Google is a wonderful invention there Twitch

Try the Waterhouse Museum site:

http://www.waterhousemuseum.com/index.html

I think the pic you want is this one:

http://netcet4.netcetra.com/Merchant...gory_Code=MITR

Google is a wonderful invention there Twitch

LOL..... Copy that Sgt. Believe it or not I have google it a couple of times. It must be more my vision, than my Search capabilitys.

I think the pic you want is this one:

Wow... That's pretty crazy. It is really similar. I'm almost thinking that maybe on that cover, they just got a closer up image of the Marine aiming. From what I remember, that was all there was. Not all of the surrounding battle like in that picture. In fact it was close enough that it almost looked like he had a big old chew in his cheek. Or maybe it wasn't supposed to look like that. I don't know.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Sounds like a Don Troiani print. He is the top dog of that sort of thing. Try his web site.

Awsome..... Thanks DW. I hadn't even heard of him before. Thanks much...... Twitch

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Twitchell View Post
    Awsome..... Thanks DW. I hadn't even heard of him before. Thanks much...... Twitch
    I looked at Troianis' site but couldn't find what you described. You might try the Marine Corps Museum site. I tried U.S. Marine Prints but didn't find a lot, but I was in a hurry. Good Luck!

Have you asked L'Neck magazine?

I see ZULU found the Waterhouse site. I found the name but couldn't find the site.

look in my pics I have some pics of that time frame

look in my pics I have some pics of that time frame

LOL......... Oorah Sgt.

Thread Information