USMC reenlistment?
Create Post

USMC reenlistment?

Fellow Marines!
    Does anyone know the rate of reenlistment for first term Marines?
    Thanks,
    S/F
    Eric

this is an odd question... I'm pretty sure it's posted somewhere in internet land... there is some committee that publishes stuff like that. have you tried a google search yet?

edit: I know asking about googling is a silly question now, but I figured I'd give it a shot.

Hi S/Sgt!
    No, I have'nt. I don't know where to start. Will give Google a shot.
    Semper Fi,
    Eric

I checked around and its says Marine corps has a re-enlistment rate of 46%.

Thanks.
    Where were you able to check?

a re-enlistment rate... first term or overall? 'cause there is also a rate that states 10% of enlisted members who stay in over 10 years finish all the way towards retirement years of 20+

I was thinking of first termers. Do 10% of all Marines stay in for a carrier?
    Thanks, you are a lot of help.
    Eric

no just 10% of the percentage that goes over 10 years.... so if 46% make it to 10 years then 4.6% go all the way.... according to that number.... but I don't know how many make it to ten years.

Back in 2000, I was told 5% stay in after they're first term, but maybe that was just a rumor, or maybe the stat for that time period.

I know this doesn't really answer your question, but i would think that the first re-enlistment decision would be the deciding choice whether you stay in or not.

Thread Information