Clint Eastwood's Gran Torino
Create Post
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Clint Eastwood's Gran Torino

I saw the previews to Clint Eastwood's "Grand Torino" yesterday.
    In one scene, shot from the front porch of his house at about 8-10 gang members in his yard, you hear Eastwood's gravelly voice saying, "Get outta my yard," followed by a sound I haven't heard in over 50 years yet I recognized instantly as an M1 rifle bolt as it racks a round in the chamber. Sure enough, the camera backs up a bit and Eastwoods head, solidly against the stock, comes into view and you get a great shot of the M1 pointing at one of the bad guys.
    I KNOW this is going to be a good movie.

I cannot remember Eastwood making a bad movie. The guy is an Icon.

Ellie

Attached Images Attached Images

I saw the movie yesterday, and you're correct it was a Garand.

The movie was pretty good, but the ending is going to kill everyone...heheheheeee

Thumbs up ftw

Clint Eastwood FTW!!, man I loved his old westerns, there are alot of newer movies that he did that were pretty great as well. One of my fav movies he played a the Character of Gunnery Sergeant Thomas "Gunny" Highway in Heartbreak Ridge. The movie was filmed in 1986, im sure alot of you older Marines remember this one.

That M-1 was one hell of a rifle. Used it in ITR and at Marine Barracks Hawthorne, Nev. I love it about as much as I loved the M-14. To me it seemed that Eastwood replaced John Wayne during Vietnam. John Wayne was always clean and tidy. Eastwood was always dirty and raged. Also he was at least damn near killed and always came back to "kick ass and take names" Just like our Marines did.

jetdawgg
    Guest Free Member

Hang 'em High

As they say in Chi-town....Clint Eastwood is crucial!

We never called it "Garand." It was just M1

Quote Originally Posted by echo3oscar1833 View Post
    Clint Eastwood FTW!!, man I loved his old westerns, there are alot of newer movies that he did that were pretty great as well. One of my fav movies he played a the Character of Gunnery Sergeant Thomas "Gunny" Highway in Heartbreak Ridge. The movie was filmed in 1986, im sure alot of you older Marines remember this one.
    He played that Gunny part to the T, was an outstanding movie,OOHRAH.

I have the dvd.
    I watch parts of it & Full Metal Jacket every week.

Grand Torino is not showing here yet, But preview's are great...

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    i like Eastwood cuzz he looks just like me....sept im shorter and uglyer and poorer ect ect

Marine Family Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    There was an interview with Clint Eastwood about the movie in the Miami Herald, and it was pretty good. The "bad guys" are a Hmong gang and Clint plays a Korean War veteran whos' wife just died. I'll leave it at that.

Marine Family Free Member
    Credits
    Savings

Clint Eastwood with M1

Here ya go, Kent.

Attached Images Attached Images

Oh yeah, Osto.
    FYI, I think the M1 was just used for "artistic" effect. If that was me, I'd have my sawed-off pump .12 ga. You can cover more area, quicker and there's a lot less chance of collateral damage down the street.
    Hell, I have a sawed-off .12 ga pump AND a sawed-off .10 ga single shot. That 10's a cannon!

Thread Information