Real Marine or Fake? - Page 4
Create Post
Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by nortelpilot View Post
    Hey mcvet57103,

I had SSGT Acevedo in Sep of 77 Plt 1112 boot,not sure if was the same Marine but I remember he had a chest full of medals!
    Yeah he had a chest full of medals when he was my SDI. Had a long scar on his jaw and neck he claimed he got in Nam. And he was meaner than he looks. LOL But he made me a Marine.

LOL,I remember that scar and he wasn't someone to mess with.We had a recruit that kept messing up and he gave him some one on one discipline one day.
    Never will forget that.
    Semper Fi !

Quote Originally Posted by nortelpilot View Post
    Hey mcvet57103,

I had SSGT Acevedo in Sep of 77 Plt 1112 boot,not sure if was the same Marine but I remember he had a chest full of medals!
    Wow that would be almost 3 years after I had him. I went in Nov 74. That's 3 years of PT, drill, ITS etc etc. No wander he was such a mean Sum*****. LOL

Quote Originally Posted by marine1955 View Post
    this is funny after i left the corps and went to work as a feedtruck driver at a feedyard in kansas,a guy that i worked with said almost the same thing. he said he went to boot camp at 29 palms andwas there for 8 weeks in bootcamp. when i asked him what his plt.number was and when he graduated he said he couldn't remember. i told him to his face your a god damn lier.any marine that goes to bootcamp knows that stuff. semep fi p.s. 30+ tears and my plt. was 114 1973 parris island ooorahhh
    Boot camp at 29 Palms is the first clue u b in cow dong up to ya knees… Unless changes have been made there are only 2 Marine boot training camps. PI East of the Mississippi and MCRD West..

29 Palms at that time was a supply depot. Im told by some that were stationed there during inspection the shoe polish would melt off your shoes.

Off Topic:
    Does anyone know how platoon numbers are assigned? I went through MCRD platoon 190 in 1955 along with platoon 189 and 191.

Quote Originally Posted by cedarbird6 View Post
    Im told by some that were stationed there during inspection the shoe polish would melt off your shoes.
    Take it from me. I was stationed at 29. Yes the shoe polish can and will melt off! I had a 1stSgt that loved to talk. I remember before libo on fridays he would just talk and talk and talk, well one libo brief was so long that the soles of my/our jungle boots melted on the concrete. Now Marines don't have to worry about shoe polish with these new boots, but they still get just as hot.

Off topic;
    I started asking the fake Marine some questions, and believe it or not, he was popping off knowledge. I was asking green monster knowledge and he knew it. Named his DI's and Plt number and Co. If anyone was in I Co Plt 3045 over in P.I. Please P.M. so that I an ask you about this guy. I'm starting to think he either went U.A. or got the boot for failure to adapt or something of that nature. I think he said he went to boot around the summer of 2000.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    MAYBEE 29STUMPS,FRIED HIS FRIGGING BRAIN PAN;2WHERE THE MUTHA F**KER ACTUALLY BELIEVES THAT HE WAS AT P.I. DURING THA' SUMMER(LMFAO)

There is one at my work .He is a Marine also but he claims Force Recon and that he was an OCS Instructor .It could be but he does not strike me as a hard charger .Also he BS's about a lot of other things .I just do not know how to catch him .

Quote Originally Posted by mjhpgh View Post
    There is one at my work .He is a Marine also but he claims Force Recon and that he was an OCS Instructor .It could be but he does not strike me as a hard charger .Also he BS's about a lot of other things .I just do not know how to catch him .
    ... OCS instructors were/are DIs that have done several rotations at the drill field/recruit depots. Ask him questions about that.

Quote Originally Posted by SgtArty View Post
    Take it from me. I was stationed at 29. Yes the shoe polish can and will melt off! I had a 1stSgt that loved to talk. I remember before libo on fridays he would just talk and talk and talk, well one libo brief was so long that the soles of my/our jungle boots melted on the concrete. Now Marines don't have to worry about shoe polish with these new boots, but they still get just as hot.

Off topic;
    I started asking the fake Marine some questions, and believe it or not, he was popping off knowledge. I was asking green monster knowledge and he knew it. Named his DI's and Plt number and Co. If anyone was in I Co Plt 3045 over in P.I. Please P.M. so that I an ask you about this guy. I'm starting to think he either went U.A. or got the boot for failure to adapt or something of that nature. I think he said he went to boot around the summer of 2000.

I was with 3rd 8" at 29 Palms the last half of 64. I remember that the sweat would start to run down your face and then evaporate before it had traveled more than a couple of inches. Laundry hung out on the line after dark would dry in about 10 or 15 minutes. Hot and dry.

Thanks Lt .He has never mentioned being a DI at a Depot.

Only thing worse than a Poser is a Marine who claims to be something he/she isn't. He/She disrepects all Marines who have sacrificed for their earned rep. I would never in a million years ever claim to be part of a company, platoon, unit, etc etc I did not earn the right to be a part of. Any Marine who does so, deminishes my respect for him/her, and dishonors those who have worked for their various unit's title.

Quote Originally Posted by mcvet57103 View Post
    Only thing worse than a Poser is a Marine who claims to be something he/she isn't. He/She disrepects all Marines who have sacrificed for their earned rep. I would never in a million years ever claim to be part of a company, platoon, unit, etc etc I did not earn the right to be a part of. Any Marine who does so, deminishes my respect for him/her, and dishonors those who have worked for their various unit's title.

I hear ya. Every once in a while I tell someone I was with a FAST Company and their eyes light up and they start asking me questions. "What was it lke?" "Where did you deploy", etc. etc. I quickly have to let them know I spent my entire time there in the HQ working as the company clerk. It would be so easy for me to BS and say "oh man, I was with this platoon, did this this and that, went to CQB training, HRP, HRST, went to Iraq" etc. etc. But the thought never crosses my mind.

I was proud of what I did and not ashamed of what I didn't do. I wanted to deploy. The Corps had other plans for me. Luckily I'm only 24 and can get back in the fight if I wish. But these former Marines claiming they were super scout/sniper recon grunts with a 300 PFT and perfect score on the range, with 5 combat deployments under their belts and more Navy Crosses than Chesty make me sick....be proud of what you accomplished, but don't embellish, you know? SF Marines.

I ran into a few Marines just like this and we discovered they did serve but they lied about what they did. Those are the wannabes and neverhasbeens in our beloved Corps and were probably the disciplinary problems we had that were forced out. But they never did get the meaning of our Corps. Honor is a valuable thing that we paid for in blood and its never to be taken lightly or in jest.

People do need to understand that we, as Marines, embody the meaning of honor and we, as Marines, need to correct any other poser/wannabe/neverhasbeen who tries to steal that honor that we, and so many others have paid for with blood, sweat, tears and lives, have earned truly and honestly. SEMPER FI, MARINES.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Jim View Post
    I ran into a few Marines just like this and we discovered they did serve but they lied about what they did. Those are the wannabes and neverhasbeens in our beloved Corps and were probably the disciplinary problems we had that were forced out. But they never did get the meaning of our Corps. Honor is a valuable thing that we paid for in blood and its never to be taken lightly or in jest.

People do need to understand that we, as Marines, embody the meaning of honor and we, as Marines, need to correct any other poser/wannabe/neverhasbeen who tries to steal that honor that we, and so many others have paid for with blood, sweat, tears and lives, have earned truly and honestly. SEMPER FI, MARINES.
    Well said Jim. I was a Vietnam Era Veteran and would never think of dishonoring those who actually served in country by claiming to be a Vietnam Veteran. I could, because of my service dates, get free medical care at the VA, but it would mean some veteran who actually earned it might not get his treatment. I know an Air Farce veteran who brags about getting free medical because he is a Vietnam Era Veteran. We work for the same place. Needless to say, we do not have much to say to each other at work because he knows how I feel about his sucking at the government's teat at the expence of those who sacrificed so he can.

Well said Jim. I was a Vietnam Era Veteran and would never think of dishonoring those who actually served in country by claiming to be a Vietnam Veteran. I could, because of my service dates, get free medical care at the VA, but it would mean some veteran who actually earned it might not get his treatment. I know an Air Farce veteran who brags about getting free medical because he is a Vietnam Era Veteran. We work for the same place. Needless to say, we do not have much to say to each other at work because he knows how I feel about his sucking at the government's teat at the expence of those who sacrificed so he can.

Your example here immediately reminded me of a clown I work with that was recently bragging about comming out ahead on a cell phone insurance plan, because he got two free cell phones, during the contract.

Too many people are looking for cheap and easy ways to beat the system. Unfortunately we can't get more out of any 'system' that what is put into that arrangement, and today's society has placed an emphasis on taking more that you give as the path of success.

Thread Information