2009 Ship Date and MOS List - Page 29
Closed Thread
Page 29 of 31 FirstFirst ... 1925262728293031 LastLast
    Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by BigGunz90 View Post
    Only 12 days left...
    Best of luck to you. Have fun. See you down there soon.

02xx
    MCRDPI
    Ruther Glen, VA

Poolee/DEP Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    60xx/61xx/62xx Trying to switch to 0300
    MCRDPI

Quote Originally Posted by PossibleMarine View Post
    How are some of you getting your MOS already? In the beginning I was told, "yeah you get to pick your job", but when I was done and swore in I was told to pick 3 fields and in a couple of weeks I'll see if I qualify for those AND THEN in boot camp they'll talk to me over the job I get. I'm honestly hoping I get what I was aiming for. I qualified for it in my scores and medical I'm guessing is great. I'm just worried seeing so many MOS's already and I'm waiting until bootcamp which is 20091102

Reservists know exactly what they are getting. In all other Active duty cases we just pick the 3 fields. You can go into boot with a specific field contract like I did or go in as an "open" contract.

Poolee/DEP Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by boblasek View Post
    Reservists know exactly what they are getting. In all other Active duty cases we just pick the 3 fields. You can go into boot with a specific field contract like I did or go in as an "open" contract.
    Is open one of the options? In other words...we all have an open contract after MEPs, but we choose Open again, too?

Quote Originally Posted by SeanRyan32 View Post
    Is open one of the options? In other words...we all have an open contract after MEPs, but we choose Open again, too?
    i think it works like that..consult your recuriter..

By open I mean you go in without a care in the world and they give you whatever they need. So after our MEPS trip we are all "open" contracts, unless this is when the reservist pick their contract. Active duty pick their field with the recruiter after MEPS is done.

Can someone please verify this?

So to answer your questions Sean, you don't pick open for a second time. The recruiter should already pick a field for you before you go to MEPS to ship. That is when you sign your final contract with your MOS on it.

Poolee/DEP Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by boblasek View Post
    By open I mean you go in without a care in the world and they give you whatever they need. So after our MEPS trip we are all "open" contracts, unless this is when the reservist pick their contract. Active duty pick their field with the recruiter after MEPS is done.

Can someone please verify this?

So to answer your questions Sean, you don't pick open for a second time. The recruiter should already pick a field for you before you go to MEPS to ship. That is when you sign your final contract with your MOS on it.
    Oh, ok. Because I haven't had to pick my second and third option yet. I pretty much knew what I wanted to do before I went to MEPs. That's probably was why. Thanks, guys.

Currently open contract, waiting for 03xx to open up
    MCRDPI
    Huntsville, AL

Probably gonna DEP in a month and go as reservist. Gonna shoot for a November ship date.

Poolee/DEP Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by WarrFacee View Post
    Probably gonna DEP in a month and go as reservist. Gonna shoot for a November ship date.
    You might want to DEP in sooner. I went in March and got a October Boot date. Especially considering all the high schoolers are getting their diplomas ad DEPing in, it's going to get harder to get that date.

You might want to DEP in sooner. I went in March and got a October Boot date. Especially considering all the high schoolers are getting their diplomas ad DEPing in, it's going to get harder to get that date.
    I DEP'd in in March, got November 2nd 09, my buddy enlisted a couple weeks after me, got August 3rd. It all depends, quite a few people get DQ'd after depping in or just wuss out, so spots open up.
    Anyways:
    Either 02xx,57xx, or 26xx
    MCRDSD

Combat Camera-46xx
    MCRDPI

=)

Yeah thats true but i dont want to get a ship date before september or october because thats probably the months my sister graduates from the Army. She really wants me to see her graduate and i want to go to... She is a reservists so she probably will see me graduate as well when i get done.

Poolee/DEP Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisWood311 View Post
    I DEP'd in in March, got November 2nd 09, my buddy enlisted a couple weeks after me, got August 3rd. It all depends, quite a few people get DQ'd after depping in or just wuss out, so spots open up.
    Anyways:
    Either 02xx,57xx, or 26xx
    MCRDSD
    True. But there's still only a slim chance he'll get one of those spots once the high schoolers DEP in.

Quote Originally Posted by WarrFacee View Post
    Yeah thats true but i dont want to get a ship date before september or october because thats probably the months my sister graduates from the Army. She really wants me to see her graduate and i want to go to... She is a reservists so she probably will see me graduate as well when i get done.

Talk to your Gunnery Sergeant at your RSS and see about the dates. I'm sure he'll accommodate your schedule and not give you one before November if you ask nicely.

Thread Information