2009 Ship Date and MOS List - Page 27
Closed Thread
Page 27 of 31 FirstFirst ... 17232425262728293031 LastLast
    I don't leave until 20090817. Then off to Paris Island. But the 7 months I'm spending in the DEP have been well worth it. PTing with the other poolees twice a week and on my own have helped me get alittle more physicaly and mentaly prepared.

Poolee/DEP Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by PaidinBlood View Post
    The second you all realize that the Corps doesn't NEED any one of you (or any ONE of us, for that matter) the happier you will be. In a time when many kids (not pointing the finger at you guys) are just trying to find a way out of a dead end job or pay for college, and jobs are hard to find, it is hard to get every smiling face to the Depot as fast as you please.. I sincerely appreciate your interest in our Corps, and I look forward to calling you my brothers and sisters. In the meantime, be patient. Recruiting numbers for AD have been over 130% the last few months-obviously they are trying.

SR32: If you are as well qualified as you say (yes I believe you) then maybe your recruiters are saving you for a high speed job opening. These often have long schools which open only so often. Give them a break and keep preparing for the journey.

Many active Marines are being denied re-enlistment as their job fields fill up, so you all are not the only ones feeling the pressure. Good luck to you all.
    Thank you very much LCpl. You honor us by joining this conversation. It helps to know you guys still stop by to bestow wisdom, and great wisdom at that. And with regards to me, yea, I reckon MP opens only once or twice yearly, so I gotta wait for that. Can't wait to join you in the brotherhood. But I, like everyone else here, has to. It's hard not to let impatience get the better of us, though. With that said...out come the bananas.

Poolee/DEP Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Greetings, fellow poolees!

I just wanted to wish you all a Happy Memorial Day. And to remember it is very special this year. Because by this time next year, most of us will be Marines and this will be our day to salute those we knew that have fallen. So take pause today, breathe in the fresh air, drink a beer, and remember those that have fallen in the line of duty so that you may continue to live freely.

Good luck to you all in your future endeavors (and especially at Boot).
    Sean

Credits
    Savings

Currently signed on the UH-Infantry but waiting to see if I can get an Intel slot, if I decide that is what I really want.

Haven't chosen an MOS yet, basically can choose whichever one I want and get it.
    Infantry, Intel, MP, Communications are some I'm looking at.

Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by StrikeQ View Post

Haven't chosen an MOS yet, basically can choose whichever one I want and get it.
    Infantry, Intel, MP, Communications are some I'm looking at.
    Alittle conceited are we. We all have options after taking the ASVAB. That's if you score high enough but let alone we all still have options. So, in my eyes the information you posted was not needed unless you are asking questions on thos MOS's in particular.

Respectfully submitted.

Quote Originally Posted by Wrestler137 View Post
    4 more days.....
    MCRDPI
    Shave.

Take care of your skin now, you won't be touching your nasty face for 3 months if you know what's good for you. Get used to dryshaving too. Razor bumps are a b!tch. A sharp razor and good technique are key.

If you have problems with razor bumps they usually allow you to purchase special razors at the PX.

All hair on your face below the topmost ridges of your ears should come off.

Negative don't shave, wear sweatpants and make sure you have a baseball cap on sideways.

What can I say, I'm a sadistic fvck. LOL !

Quote Originally Posted by Gunner 0313 View Post
    Negative don't shave, wear sweatpants and make sure you have a baseball cap on sideways.
    Only speak in slang and make sure to wear a Go Army shirt too. The bathroom is a latrine, those guys in the Smoky Bears are Drill Sergeants. Everyone else regardless of rank is to be called Sarge except for Marines. They are to be addressed as "My Lord" or "His Sh!t Hotness".

Quote Originally Posted by NoRemorse View Post
    They are to be addressed as "My Lord" or "His Sh!t Hotness".
    LMFAO !!!

Remember a drill instructor had a recruit run around saying "Yes Drill SARGEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEENT!"

If you go all nasally at the end of Sergeant you're saying it right.

Quote Originally Posted by ramos360 View Post
    Alittle conceited are we. We all have options after taking the ASVAB. That's if you score high enough but let alone we all still have options. So, in my eyes the information you posted was not needed unless you are asking questions on thos MOS's in particular.

Respectfully submitted.
    Thanks for saying that. I'm pretty sure he'll have how important as an individual and how much the USMC cares about how special he is explained to him soon enough.

Thread Information