Grades. - Page 4
Create Post
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Grades.

Quote Originally Posted by AndreBlanks View Post
    The ASVAB is seriously written at a 10th grade/Sophomore level. Just relax.
    Now I feel dumb. I scored a 66 AFQT (not sure how spelled) All 100s in the categories. Took the test on Sept. 10th by the way. It was all basically last minute. My recruiter asked me to start filling out papers on Friday the 5th, then he said "Ok big dog, your gonna go take the ASVAB on Wednesday (Sept 10)." I said "Ok sir." I know I should have prepared for it a loooooooooooooong time before, but I never did. And I STRONGLY suggest preparation. My highest math was Geometry, and I'm now a senior in Algebra 3-4. And I struggled in the math, seriously.

thanks. yea i took the full legnth practice test and there was a whole lot of stuff on it i have never seen before.

Quote Originally Posted by thewookie View Post
    That’s great SSgt., thanks!

My two cents, don't think the grunts will take anyone; if you do you are wrong. I grew up with a kid who scored so low on the ASVAP that the Corps said no.

He ended up going into the Navy (yes they took his dumb azz - as a paint chipper) and then because paint chipping wasn’t enough for him, I guess, so he went on to lie about becoming a SEAL, still does to this day; he has a trident tat and bumper sticker on his truck.

He works for the local Sheriff’s office, and word is somebody there busted him as a poser.

Who cares – he is a rock.
    Good one Marine, you can't fix stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by soldierGboii View Post
    i was a tanker in the Army and lol i will tell you some story's. they have a lot of determination those guys though.
    You say army we have been fixing your mistakes since 1775.

Quote Originally Posted by Bulkyker View Post
    I worked with a Marine that scored a 160 GT on the ASVAB. That is as high as anyone could possibly get. He was/is an 03 his entire carreer. He is currently a LtCol with a masters degree in history.

I worked with another Marine that was honor grad in sniper school. His GT score was 150. He was an 0311. When he got out of the Marines after 8 years it was to take over his fathers multi million dollar buisness. He had a masters degree in buisness.

I could go on to tell you of other infantry Marines who have ASVAB scores and education levels you could never hope to achieve. Dumb grunts my eye.
    He has alot to learn GRUNTS are the backbone of our beloved CORPS.

You Marines are gay

yea guys i took my asvab on tuesday and i scored a 72

Good score there, Poolee! Now just work on that punctuation and capitalization. What are you looking to do in the Corps?

Keep PTing and working on that knowledge!

Hey Yellowwing,

What did he say? If you gave his post the moniker of "acting like a jerk," it was hopefully something good.

I thank you all for the suportive posts and what not. But now that I am in my new school year I feel alot better.
    My goal is to learn enough in the next 10 months to ace the MM section of the ASVAB (Ineed 95+ to qualify for 1371 MOS).

Marine Free Member 2ndLAADBnWRENCH's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by soldierGboii View Post
    he does have a point though. although some grunts are very intelligent. the vast majority are not so intelligent or well educated. this speaks for itself in alot of ways. sorrey grunts.
    Step OFF and never look back. Wall to wall education applys here!!!!

Thats #1

Marine Free Member 2ndLAADBnWRENCH's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by Rains View Post
    I thank you all for the suportive posts and what not. But now that I am in my new school year I feel alot better.
    My goal is to learn enough in the next 10 months to ace the MM section of the ASVAB (Ineed 95+ to qualify for 1371 MOS).
    Relax, Poolee Rains

Youngsters today have so much more at thier disposal to prepare for Recruit Training. Mechanical scores are not hard to practice or master. Theres plenty of study guides in the library's and on the net. Use them often to practice. Chat with your recruiter or teachers at school. They can direct you in the path to strengthen your weaknesses. Even if you bomb or not make your mark. Regroup study more and retest when you are allowed to take it again. Don't get wrapped around the axle on the little details. Let the proffesionals guide you and drive on...

Thread Information