We Have Orders!!! - Page 2
Create Post
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Credits
    Savings
    Images
    DEAL WITH IT,QUIT WHINING;YOU ARE A MARINES WIFE(LOL)

uh, you know people break into apartments right.... you should consider getting renters insurance if you plan on having expensive toys like that... USAA has great insurance plans and I love their customer service.

Already ahead of you on that one.. we already use USAA and have renter's insurance through them. The only thing we don't do is Bank with them... but that's going to change here in the next month.

That's one piece of advice that came in VERY handy.

MAKE SURE THE BANK YOU BANK WITH HAS A BRANCH OR AN ATM IN THE LOCATION YOU WILL BE MOVING TO! If there isn't one, make arrangements to bank with someone else.

My other main concern is just that everything moves smoothly. I don't know if I'm allowed to go to the finance office with my husband or not, but I'd really like to. It would make things easier since I'm the one who HANDLES our finances. Money makes or breaks you when you move.. so I'm hoping to make sure we're prepared.

Oh.. and Jack? Who's whining? I'm doing my job! :P (I hope you and your girls are doing well )

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    CARRY ON D.B. A WIFES WORK IS NEVER ENDING

Quote Originally Posted by DobbinsBlythe View Post
    I think special cases should be taken into consideration....
    NO SOUP FOR YOU!

hehe nawww just expect a smaller market and higher deposits

I'm not sure what the USMC policy is on reimbursement for moving/traveling expenses and i realize you all don't pay much in taxes but what ever is left over and comes with a receipt during time in and preparing for transit, may very well be tax deductible. If The Corps pays cents on the mile per vehicle then you may be able to deduct your gasoline costs, oil change and truckstop meals with the IRS, u-haul trailer and hitch? etc...receipts are golden!

That's great advice! I'll remember that! Receipts!

you'd need a special power of attorney from your husband to handle ANYTHING to do with disbursing or pay... otherwise he'll have to do what you tell him to do.

it's the way the system works... can't get around it.

though I don't see why you couldn't just go WITH him, unless they do a confidentiality thing.

never had this problem before so, I hope this helped.

That's good info. I won't need the PoA. I'll have to talk to the husband about asking if I can go with. He's leaving for two weeks, so as soon as he comes home we should be able to get EVERYTHING squared away.

Quote Originally Posted by DobbinsBlythe View Post
    even when the Cpl comes home and doesn't take off his boots (I'm part korean too.. so I keep up with the "you take your shoes off in my house or I'll kick your a**!!!")
    Ohhhhhhhh

Quote Originally Posted by Achped View Post
    Ohhhhhhhh

HAHAHA are you surprised with your experience with the Korean bagger ladies?

Maybe I should work at the commissary at Pendleton HAHA.

Quote Originally Posted by Achped View Post
    Ohhhhhhhh
    Shoe shining is out?

Thread Information