Question Regarding USMC Shirts - Page 3
Create Post
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    It has happened a couple times at my job that I will see someone with a Marine Corps shirt on, and they are the parent of a Marine. Being a poolee, when I see those I tend to ask "Were / are you a Marine, sir?" and a lot of the time they'll tell me that their son is a Marine.

So basically I'm saying that he wouldn't be the first one to do that. He should definitely feel proud to wear that shirt. Just don't get him one that says "What's up, I'm a US Marine"

I am a Marine veteran & my husband is an Army veteran. My husband even wants our son to wear Marine shirts. I think he should wear any shirt that is military related whether he is enlisted or not. I have found that it is next to impossible to find a shirt for a man whose wife, girlfriend, or any female relative has been in the military. If anyone knows of a site, please let me know.

~~Aimme~~

Aimme:

Try the Sgt Grit website. Probably the best USMC retailer out there, bar none. He's got great stuff!

Marine Family Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Cafepress also has a LARGE selection of military shrits

www.hardcharger.com has alot of shirts also.

When I am wearing my Marine jacket or a t shirt that doesn't say Marine Dad and a Marine says something to me, I always shake their hand thank them for their service and tell them I'm not a Marine but my son is and I wear it in his honor.

The reply is universally the same (as though they learned it in boot),
    "Doesn't matter you're family!"

DevsDad sounds like we could be twins. One wall of my office is a shrine to the Corps!

God Bless!

My brother and his wife were Army dogs . I never saw them wear an an Army shirt.When their son walked across the parade deck at Parris Island we all had USMC shirts on . It was the proudest day of my life (my kids are still young). Now they have EGA bumper stickers and shirts on all the time .All in support of my nephew the young Marine.Nothing wrong with showing pride and honor .

I am not a Marine, but I will be soon if I can help it... but just from my opinion because I have been in the same boat (not with a son of course) but see I own about 20 USMC shirts and when I went to High School I wore them all the time until someone said something about me disrespecting the Corps by wearing them. I went to see my recruiter, Gunny Acord and he said these exact words "If your not pretending to be one and only supporting the Marine Corps, then tell everyone to back the hell off." Sorry for the language but thats a Gunny for ya. So ya, hope that helps.

I thank if he don't wear the shirt that is up to him. But if he would wear the shirt it would show his son how much moore that he supports him.I know his son would love his Dad to wear the shirt. WE all would.

Everytime i go home on leave if i dont have least five USMC t's to give my father he is was angry man lol My father has ran into alot of civi's that have asked him if he was in the Corps an he proudly replies no not me my son is The Few The Proud The Marine he tells me everytime im home. I proudly respect any Supporter of the Corps matter of fact when I go home if i see someone wtih a shirt respecting our great institution I'll go up to them and thank them for the support it blows there minds. So yes he should be proud and not care what anyone else has to say and proudly wear our colors

My whole family has Marine shirts and wear them proudly, my father seems to always have some kind of Marine memborbila on him when I go home. He even wears his hat stating "his son is a U.S. Marine" to work everyday.

This Christmas I went on a cruise with my family and on the day that we were to embark was surprised to see that two of my sisters and my father had shirts on. To top it off I had my Marine cap. Needless to say this generated many stares as people thought or whole family was made up of Marines.

I understand where the husband is coming from but his Son is a U.S. Marine, by that alone he has all the right in the world to wear the shirt. No one becomes a Marine without the support of family.

Marine Family Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Another good site for shirts, owned by a former Marine:

Veterans Exchange

www.tenbucktshirts.com

Quote Originally Posted by Gator347 View Post
    Another good site for shirts, owned by a former Marine:

Veterans Exchange

www.tenbucktshirts.com
    Thanks for the link! I need some more moto gear! I just wish they had son's and not just son all the time...I feel for the families with daughters. I don't see many of them either. I wear my gear with pride. My shirt right now has a Marine flag on the top and the writing says
    ~My Sons~
    are US Marines

Sgt Grit has ones with daughter on it... and if not they can custom make them for you.

Marine Family Free Member ScottsMom's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by marinemama View Post
    Thanks for the link! I need some more moto gear! I just wish they had son's and not just son all the time...I feel for the families with daughters. I don't see many of them either. I wear my gear with pride. My shirt right now has a Marine flag on the top and the writing says
    ~My Sons~
    are US Marines
    I can relate, kind of.. I have been trying to find my mother a shirt that says "My Grandson's are US Marines". All I have been able to find so far, are bumper stickers that say "My Grandson's are US Marines".

I will keep my eye out for you, since I'm always looking for more USMC clothing. Good luck!

Thread Information