DEP Questions - Page 2
Create Post
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: DEP Questions

Marine Friend Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    i asked my friend what it is because after PT i didn't feel sore or anything, but when i woke up the next morning and moved my arms, it was really painful. my friend said i have (DOMS) Delay Onset Muscle Soreness

he say that it happens when i start a new workout because my muscles aren't use to the training yet.

http://sportsmedicine.about.com/cs/injuries/a/doms.htm

and i have PT tomorrow again too =( is it healthy for you to work out while in DOMS? or should i tell my recruiter?

Credits
    Savings
    Cowboy Up, LeDave!!

This ain't the couch or video games anymore.

At some point it will get to where, iffen you don't PT, you will feel bad, for vegging out.

Suck it up. You can do it.

Credits
    Savings
    lol alright i'll do PT tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by LeDave View Post
    lol alright i'll do PT tomorrow.

I hope you didn't forget the bengay and tissue?

Credits
    Savings
    If I'm out of line, please say so, and I greatly apologize if that's the case.

But, why would you have to rely on DEP to get into shape? Do you not have personal motivation to become physically fit on your own accord?

"Never, never quit!"

Draco, you have to look at it outside the box. LeDave has no experience with PT whatsoever. He never made it a part of his life. So now he's got to form new habits and build an interest in this lifestyle change. While he shouldn't rely on DEP, I think it's a great start for him as it will push him in the right direction.

And as for you LeDave, don't forget to stretch after PT. I recommend doing it multiple times throughout the day. Also, since you're going to be building muscle, you need to consume more protein. Eggs, tuna fish and milk are three cheap and easy sources. If you enjoy meat, I highly recommend Bison meat. It has a different texture and flavor to it, but it's packed with lots of protein. In fact, I have some in my freezer, and it says one 4-oz serving packs 190 calories and 23g of protein (40% DV); it's kind of high in fat, which I wish I noticed sooner, so try not to eat too much of it in one sitting

Another thing to help with your soreness is potassium, it helps to flush out the lactic acid that builds up in your muscles (bananas and bell peppers are a good way to get it), eat some an hour or two before pt so it will be through your system twoard the end.
    A little baby powder on you nethers before a pt session will help with chafing.
    Also remember that hydration is key, your body will punish you if it doesn't get enough water.
    Stick it out, pt is tough when you aren't used to it, but it pays off. When I depped in I had 0 pullups and a 16 minute run time on the IST, but now I have a first class PFT which gets higher almost every time I run it.
    I was running remedial here while they searched for a new NCO to put in charge, so I can give you some supplemental workouts if you need them.

Hydrate lots. Hydrate the day before you PT, meaning drink water with a Gatorade or two (too much water flushes out good nutrients and electrolytes) throughout the day. You should be urinating regularly and it should NOT be brown (dark orange), light orange, yellow. It should be pretty close to clear. A banana or two a day is a great idea anyway and doubly so if you're exercising. If you're one of those guys who can eat a lot and never put on weight you'll want to add a significant amount of carbs to your diet. COMPLEX carbs like brown (unbleached) rice, wheat bread, unbleached pasta, etc. Carbs are what your body uses for energy. If you don't consume enough, you'll fatigue significantly quicker. Just some tips...

Gents, did anyone else seemed alarmed with the October ship date? Is this enough time for him?

LeDave, I understand that this is all new to you, but listen up please. You sounded defeated after your first PT session. You did say you were still going to go to the next one, which is where I'm going with this. You have to develop your mind as well as your body. Sure it hurts physically. Strengthen your mind. "I can do this...I WILL DO THIS, no matter what. Mentality is as important if not more important than physical. So work on that. You always need a "can-do" attitude. With that, nothing will ever stop you.

Quote Originally Posted by thewookie View Post
    ...And, while you're at it Dave, to help with the chaffing from your shorts rubbing you know where, I would stuff some tissue between your legs before you run, it will be nice a soft and help with the chaffing...

Actually instead of tissues, I would recommend slapping on some baby powder, Its a personal preference, but it definitely works.

Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by Asnowberger View Post
    Actually instead of tissues, I would recommend slapping on some baby powder, Its a personal preference, but it definitely works.
    Actually, to get in shape and be tough, go ahead and slap on the BenGay, rubbing it you know where.

You'll actually run longer and faster, either looking for a pool or snow bank to jump into, or just to get the wind blowing betwixt your legs.

Methinks you won't be doing any horseback riding for a while afterwards.

Credits
    Savings
    so my recruiter called me yesterday. he will pick me up around 2 today and i'll be going to the hotel. i'll wake up early morning on saturday for MEPS.

so just wondering if you guys can you know wish me the best and pray for me or something.

Credits
    Savings
    sohedidsolikewowsolikejeez

Quote Originally Posted by bigalholmes165 View Post
    Actually, to get in shape and be tough, go ahead and slap on the BenGay, rubbing it you know where.

You'll actually run longer and faster, either looking for a pool or snow bank to jump into, or just to get the wind blowing betwixt your legs.

Methinks you won't be doing any horseback riding for a while afterwards.
    Never tried Bengay, but I had a run-in with IcyHot during a tornado watch (and to think i was so excited cause we got to skip training). I ran for the latrine pretty quick and ended up knocking myself out because the door was locked and I hit it full force. Yeah, I was that guy.

Credits
    Savings
    lol well it's been weeks since i creaetd this thread. and speaking of running. i've been running a lot lately and now i can run the mile in 7 minutes and 30 seconds. when i created this thread, i could only run 3/10th of a mile before dying. i'm hoping to improve my running by being able to run 2 miles by the end of this month ^.^

Thread Information