DLAB Practice Test??
Create Post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

DLAB Practice Test??

Is there a DLAB practice test, besides the extremely easy one on the Navy recruit website? (seems like more of a tool to get people into the office than an actual measure of how well you may do on the test)

I was hoping to see how well I could do before asking my recruiter take the time to set it up for me.

Thanks again.

Nope... don't really worry about the test. Nothing you can do to practice. What MOS do you want? I am a spanish crypto-linguist. As long as you know your english grammar and have a decent memory you are set.

I took the DLAB twice. First time I got a 91. The second time the computer messed up and didn't clear that it had been 6 months since I last took the test. I waited so long and pretty much decided I wanted to stay with the Intel job I was locked in for so I didn't have it in me to pass the second time. I ended up with an 86 the second time. Doing it on the computers is new so I don't know if you'll take the written or computer version. You cannot study for it since it's a memory type test. If you have any other questions about it you can PM me if you like.

Quote Originally Posted by jackson07 View Post
    Nope... don't really worry about the test. Nothing you can do to practice. What MOS do you want? I am a spanish crypto-linguist. As long as you know your english grammar and have a decent memory you are set.

Ideally I would like to be an Arabic linguist to begin with. Any of the linguist MOSs would be great, especially spanish, as it would help in the job market later in life.

I would like to apply for the CounterInt/HumanInt MOS after I reach Corporal.

Thanks for the heads-up, sir. I'm going to brush up on my basic english, and I think I should do well.

MrGoldman1
    Guest Free Member
    http://www.deltagear.us/Kit&Tools/Kit/DLAB.htm buy this book and you will pass the DLAB

I don't know if the written version is any different or if the rules have changed over the years, but when I took the DLAB the test was very strict and very clear about non-disclosure of test information.

It's an aptitude test, there's nothing you should really need to know going into it, just take it and it's supposed to determine if you have the aptitude to learn a foreign language.

Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by HammerOfJustice View Post
    I don't know if the written version is any different or if the rules have changed over the years, but when I took the DLAB the test was very strict and very clear about non-disclosure of test information.

It's an aptitude test, there's nothing you should really need to know going into it, just take it and it's supposed to determine if you have the aptitude to learn a foreign language.
    Outstanding point. Anyone who wants to break that should have the common sense not to advertise it on the internet.

Having said that, I really don't see how you can study for it, key word being aptitude... I went in entirely unprepared and did fine (yes I am "just" a grunt...)

Pay particular attention to your speech and pronunciation, as well as what rules you abide by to communicate, both verbally and written. It is something you can study for, but not in a traditional sense, and there is no guide you can simply pick up off the shelf. You sign a non-disclosure agreement when you take it.

Off topic, but I took the test about a month ago, with three others. There was a question there that made each of us laugh out loud when we got to it. If it's still there, you'll know right away.

MrGoldman1
    Guest Free Member
    Well if you all scroll up and click the link I posted, you will see some one has published a study guide that is 100% accurate. It has an ISBN and everything . . . clearly the gov't knows this study guide is out there....I didn't print it though! lol

Credits
    Savings
    Yeah well I'll sell you a urinalysis study guide if you're willing to pay, bozo. Have you taken the DLAB?

MrGoldman1
    Guest Free Member
    Bro, bozo? Are you serious? Yes, I have taken the DLAB , i got a 110 and i am going to DLI and crypto school. Everything that was in this book was EXACTLY... I REPEAT... EXACTLY what was on the DLAB.... the EXACT RULES and translations were in the study guide. Get this study guide, study it, take the dlab, it will improve your score . . .that is .. untill they decide to change the test, read this book, it gives the history of the dlab.. the test hasnt changed since they first made it using casette tapes . . . its the real deal . .

MrGoldman1
    Guest Free Member
    cmixcoatl . .. i have no idea what question you are talking about , lol . . not at all .. .

Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by MrGoldman1 View Post
    Bro, bozo? Are you serious? Yes, I have taken the DLAB , i got a 110 and i am going to DLI and crypto school. Everything that was in this book was EXACTLY... I REPEAT... EXACTLY what was on the DLAB.... the EXACT RULES and translations were in the study guide. Get this study guide, study it, take the dlab, it will improve your score . . .that is .. untill they decide to change the test, read this book, it gives the history of the dlab.. the test hasnt changed since they first made it using casette tapes . . . its the real deal . .
    I'm serious as a fvcking heart attack and I'll see you there...

Quote Originally Posted by MrGoldman1 View Post
    cmixcoatl . .. i have no idea what question you are talking about , lol . . not at all .. .
    "The heavy load of old dick"

It was on part 2.

I took the DLAB a few months back. I suggest brushing up on your grammar and sentence structures. Other than that you really can't study for it because its is testing your potential, not your knowledge.

Thread Information