Serial numbers? - Page 9
Create Post
Page 9 of 20 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319 ... LastLast

Thread: Serial numbers?

I noticed the question about current pay was not answered yet. But these days a Pvt is making $1399.50 a month.

You can also see the current pay chart at this link:

http://www.dfas.mil/militarypay/mili...yPayTables.pdf

Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by silverdollar View Post
    I have been out of the Corp for a few years now but I heard something that I never heard of and it is hard to believe. Someone told me that the Marine Corp went from using serial numbers to using SS#s, Is this true, if it is, who is the moron responsible for that.

Credits
    Savings
    Skipper: I became a temp in 1966 and you? Subsequently became LDO (01) and retired 1974. Enlisted Ser#145 Off: 066

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by salt View Post

Happened in 1972, I think.

Mine was 2546438,,,,,,,,, Also my password to this site.
    So if any of you brothers wanna fuk with me,,,go for it. But I trust my Brothers.

Credits
    Savings
    Skipper: My Enl was 145 and O 066 I was a Temp (1966) and subsequently selected for LDO) and retired 1974. What path did yopu take?

I joined in 72 and my ss# was my sevice number until I got out in 79 ssgt.Francisco.

Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by salt View Post
    Skipper: My Enl was 145 and O 066 I was a Temp (1966) and subsequently selected for LDO) and retired 1974. What path did yopu take?
    Skipper72 doesn't play here anymore.

He took his ball and went home.

My serial number was W711***. Semper Fi Sheila Hays

Quote Originally Posted by SSgt Ramsey View Post
    I can't remember where I seen it, but I want to say there is a fairly recent Maradmin directing RAPIDS to stop using SSN's as identification and placing them on ID cards in the future.Not sure about this, But it does seem plausible.

I never liked that our information was pretty much available to anybody and that all of our administrative and legal documents were tied to our SSN's.I don't either!!!!!!

I think also that I read, maybe I misunderstood, but there's a Federal Law that says that a persons SSN can't be used as a identification means...it's only to be used for pay and taxation purposes etc. This Is true, It's stated CLEARLY in the SS Act itself, and they keep violating it!
    Just another example of how our Govt. Keeps making end runs around the constitution!

Quote Originally Posted by SSgt Ramsey View Post
    I can't remember where I seen it, but I want to say there is a fairly recent Maradmin directing RAPIDS to stop using SSN's as identification and placing them on ID cards in the future.Not sure about this, But it does seem plausible.

I never liked that our information was pretty much available to anybody and that all of our administrative and legal documents were tied to our SSN's.I don't either!!!!!!

I think also that I read, maybe I misunderstood, but there's a Federal Law that says that a persons SSN can't be used as a identification means...it's only to be used for pay and taxation purposes etc. This Is true, It's stated CLEARLY in the SS Act itself, and they keep violating it!
    Just another example of how our Govt. Keeps making end runs around the constitution!
    http://ssa-custhelp.ssa.gov/cgi-bin/...i=&p_topview=1

The Social Security Number is NOT to be Used for Identification

Had to have mine re-issued and thats what it says on the page you detach the SSN card from

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Rooger View Post

Hate to break it to ya, but this is not a Constitutional Law issue in the strictest sense.

There is no Constitutional authority to create the Social Security system in the first place, however, it would seem there isn't much Constitutional prohibition to it either.

So, everything to do with Social Security has been created by Congressional Acts. If one law says SSNs can only be used for such-and-such, but another statute says they can also be used as military service numbers, then where is the Constitutional problem?

These social security number use laws were created before computers became as prevalent as they are now and as heavily used for government, personal, and corporate financial information transfer. It just wasn't a foreseeable problem back in 1972 when the military stopped using serial numbers.

But then, a lot of federal laws end up having "unforeseeable" consequences.

Credits
    Savings
    Blog Entries
    Mine was 2088xxx MCRD Platoon 392 Dec. 1963 to Mar 1964

1657xxx

Mine was 180XXXX in Aug/57 at PI. There were no 17XXXXXs in my Plt. It was either 169s or 180s only. Were 17XXXXs MCRDSD?

Thread Information