Fighting
Create Post
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Fighting

Fighting

I was woundering about fighting sports in the Marines. I love close Combat sports and i made it to states in wrestling, judo and kenpo. My question is the teams in the Marines are like a clubs or are they for pros only or do they have tryouts just woundering.

PS How would doing these sports work out with your time working 5 days a week. Thank you

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    And you asked the question twice in two different places because................................??????

"Because this poolee is stupid, Ma'am."

Do a damn search, poolee.

lol Kim, I remember when you asked ME that...

Quote Originally Posted by isaac3451027
    I love close Combat sports and i made it to states in wrestling
    Did you WIN state? how many times? The Corps has a tough Greco team stacked with talent and often qualify at least one member for International events including the Olympics but you gotta be a standout. Former "All Marine Greco" coach Jim Jackson was one of my coach's and also helped mentor Matt Lindland to a silver medal at the Sydney Olympics. You think your high school program was challenging? Earning the right to wear the USMC singlet is an ass kicker. if your resume is good enough the Marine coach will know who you are.

--->Dave

Yawn.........

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    I got this round.................

To quote the good Corporal David Blaylock: "DUMBASS"

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    You'll have plenty of time for fightin sports, stickin your head up your azz, and fightin for air.

Do an internet search for Marine Corps Martial Arts Program (MCMAP). You will get all the hand to hand skills you could ever want.

Look calm down it was a simple mistake, I didnt know about the Martial arts program thats why I am asking and won states twice in wrestling once in judo and twice in kepo but never won at natinols.

Kona Hawaii??? Damn...wish I was there!
    We are Marines, we LOVE to fight!!!
    Take the Captain's advise and do a search.

Poolee just wait til you get to the fleet. It will depend alot on your MOS and more importantly your training schedule. Theres intramural teams, base teams, but it all depends on what your training cycle is. What I mean by MOS is as a grunt I knew alot of grunts that wanted to participate but were to busy getting ready for deployment and had were in the field, on ship , or some other activity and could not participate. I hope that answers some of your question.

Did I just see a POOLEE tell a bunch of Marines to "Look calm down".These Marines are here to help you poolee.

Capt.Harris congratulations sir on your promotion!

Thread Information