Sleeve Rolling
Create Post
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Sleeve Rolling

Sleeve Rolling

I was wondering if anyone knows of a really good way to roll sleeves so they are tight and crisp. I have tried various methods, and I was wanting to see if anyone could offer me some ideas that I might be missing.

Moder

Hot iron and starch and roll errr fold. Still do it with a few long sleeve shirts, who'd wanna conceal guns like that ;/

--->Dave

Quote Originally Posted by Moderboater
    I was wondering if anyone knows of a really good way to roll sleeves so they are tight and crisp. I have tried various methods, and I was wanting to see if anyone could offer me some ideas that I might be missing.

Moder
    keep praticing(is this how you spell that?!), it took me 4 years and a switch of cammie design before I got it right... 'course i'm a rock Marine.....or am I?

Not to get off topic, but I remember the days before the MarPats where some people would get their sleeves cutt off and sewn to get the perfect "rolled up" look. That and people would cut off the buttons and sew the pockets shut to get them as flat as possible. I was in during the transition to the MarPat cammies and brown boots. Man did that make life better! No more spending 2 hours a night getting the uniform ready!

I just remember it took a lot of practice and patience to get the sleeves to look just right. I remember always doing them a little tight and then letting them loosen up throughout the day. I also remember how the upper arm pockets of the Marpat cammies made it a little more difficult.

an iron and cloth pins. Move up the sleeve with about 3/4 of an inch folded in. Place the cloths pins in place to hold the fold in place. Fold fold fold.

And get a ticket

to the Gun Show!!

big tip, get rid of the boot camp blouse. i bought a new blouse and my sleeves look 20 times better

Those guys who did all that were called polished turds... besides all that was authorized was two creases... in your sleeves when they were down, and no wrinkles ever... and buffed out boots, I did this all the time and never failed an inspection... some moto Sgts "ordered" me to spit shine and crease my pants... all I did was pull out the order and tell them that will make my uniform un-serviceable... my boots wouldn't "breath" properly like they were intended, yada yada yada until they left me alone during inspections! I hazed Marines who pressed their MarPat cammies... I ordered them to buy new ones since they became un-serviceable once they starched them.

Quote Originally Posted by GolfingJarhead
    Not to get off topic, but I remember the days before the MarPats where some people would get their sleeves cutt off and sewn to get the perfect "rolled up" look. That and people would cut off the buttons and sew the pockets shut to get them as flat as possible. I was in during the transition to the MarPat cammies and brown boots. Man did that make life better! No more spending 2 hours a night getting the uniform ready!

I just remember it took a lot of practice and patience to get the sleeves to look just right. I remember always doing them a little tight and then letting them loosen up throughout the day. I also remember how the upper arm pockets of the Marpat cammies made it a little more difficult.

that is so much work... just tell him to practice, your short-cuts will only make him take as much time to learn as doing it the old fashioned way.... as I said before, practice kid!!!! practice!

Quote Originally Posted by Crusader20
    an iron and cloth pins. Move up the sleeve with about 3/4 of an inch folded in. Place the cloths pins in place to hold the fold in place. Fold fold fold.

And get a ticket

to the Gun Show!!

not sure if you are a grunt or not, but i noticed that someone said to use some starch. DO NOT USE STARCH on the new digis, they will reflect ambient light and you will stick out like a sore thumb if Haji Bob just so happens to have come across a pair of NVG's from a cache... FYI
    you can use it on your cover though, roll of toilet paper underneath with an iron to sharpen up all 8 points, and youre good to go.

very good that you said that.... this is why starching has NEVER been approved for cammies!!!!

this has been true since the SgtMaj of the Marine Corps was a boot private, yet they did it anyways.... go figure. Combat Marines don't starch or press cammies that have a stiched in crease in them already, nor do we spray something that makes IR and ambient light light you up as if you're under a black light! don't be gay, just wash them! and don't use bleach to make yourself look salty, that's dumb too.

Quote Originally Posted by Sgt Petzold
    and don't use bleach to make yourself look salty, that's dumb too.
    Reminds me of one puke we had in the stumps. We had an old MSgt who retired and we ran into him at the PX one day. This school fresh fellow pogue (yep, i was one too) asked him for all of his old cammies. Said he wanted them for the field. A few days later he shows up with salty cammies with brand new name-tapes. Couldn't believe it. Those faded cammies only made his mosquito wings stick out even more.

hahaha!!! what a tool.

yellowwing
    Guest Free Member
    Yeah we had a two year guaranteed Cpl that faded his cammies to look old school. The only NCO I knew that was promoted before his time.

ha! wasn't the only though!! I knew a 2 year SGT!!! he ended up going to jail for selling Marine Corps HMMWV engines on Ebay while we were in Iraq in 2003.... go figure!

not to rain on anyones parade but starching was mandatory in the late 70' and early 80's for cammies, if the wern't they were considered un-sat Wow the new Corps thinks the Corps started with them.

I also was in during the 70s and we were issued sateens. We had to starch them hard. I remember you could not sit down before an inspection so that the trousers would not break the crease. In 77 the corps started switching to cammies. I went to okinawa in April of 77 and had to purchase cammies when I got there. They were poplens. The best wearing cammie when in the feild in the summer time. We also had to starch them. They did look sharp. Moma Son did a great job starching them. Bravo Company 1st Tracs Camp Schawb. What a S'''' Hole.

Thread Information