USMC Corporals After Action, Iraq - Page 3
Create Post
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by commdog7 View Post
    I just don't understand why most Marines join the Corps for a challenge, yet complain when they get one....
    Most of the Marines that I know that got out left because of the BS and not the challenges.
    The micromanaging.

Oh thats a load of crap. A challenge is police calling ROCKS in IRAQ? Thats a challenge?

I dont really see what Im saying any different than what this corporal said. The POG SNCO is what he was saying is getting on his nerves, I work with POG SNCOs all day. Its annoying. It sucks. Marines come in from POEs on the border who havent had a shower in weeks and my SSgt gets on them for having dirty FROG GEAR. ITS A FROG SUIT SSGT, WHAT THE FCK? Whats next, complaining about dirty trucks just in on a convoy? The stupid BS that cpl talks about, its here. We have to wear green on green to pt in Iraq now?? Huh?? Glow straps at night? Just this week Al Asad got STREET LIGHTS. Whats next? No weapons?

Look, like I said. Have your 20 years. Enjoy it. I will PT in whatever I want to PT in, not have to pick up rocks in Iraq and go somewhere that has lower, easier standards and get saluted at the same time.

Sorry to burst the moto bubble, but the Corps sucks.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete0331 View Post
    Most of the Marines that I know that got out left because of the BS and not the challenges.
    The micromanaging.
    Thats exactly what Im talking about! can you tell im a little irritated at my SNCO right now? Look, Ill get it done. I do every single time Just leave me the hell alone!

Quote Originally Posted by Achped View Post
    Whatever sympathy or respect I had for you is gone....it's YOU and your attitude that sucks Cpl...not the Marine Corps... far too many Marine's have gone before you and paid with their blood and lives to have a attitude like that.

Oh thats a load of crap. A challenge is police calling ROCKS in IRAQ? Thats a challenge?

I dont really see what Im saying any different than what this corporal said. The POG SNCO is what he was saying is getting on his nerves, I work with POG SNCOs all day. Its annoying. It sucks. Marines come in from POEs on the border who havent had a shower in weeks and my SSgt gets on them for having dirty FROG GEAR. ITS A FROG SUIT SSGT, WHAT THE FCK? Whats next, complaining about dirty trucks just in on a convoy? The stupid BS that cpl talks about, its here. We have to wear green on green to pt in Iraq now?? Huh?? Glow straps at night? Just this week Al Asad got STREET LIGHTS. Whats next? No weapons?
    And here was me mad when the POGs on the FOB's didn't like it if you were Condition 1 inside the wire.

Here's what you do for SNCO's like that, get his name and unit and if you have a good 1stSgt report him. If that doesn't work find an officer you can trust (if such a thing exists) and have him request that his "experience" is required with your unit when you go out.
    That usually scares them enough to leave you alone.

The Corps doesn't suck, individuals make it that way.

SSgt, I tell it how it is. I'm not going to sugar coat anything or lie. I'm being serious. The Corps right now is blowing for me. I'm under no illusion that a few months from now when Im back in Hawaii I could be loving it. But right now, and for the past year at least, I have hated it. I've done my best, and all it gets me is being the "go-to" guy who gets **** on with all the stupid work. So now I just don't don't give a ****. That's my attitude. I don't give a ****. I know it sucks but thats how it is. I tried for long enough to like it.

You all tell me the Corps is what I make of it. Look, I don't enjoy doing stupid bull****. Maybe you all grew up differently. Maybe you all had to pick up rocks in a combat zone and put them in a pile and get rid of them. Maybe you all had an authority figure in your life snap your finger at you 5 or 6 times a day and say "follow me corporal" so you're used to it. I just don't enjoy it. I don't know what you want me to say SSgt. I hate it. It sucks. Im speaking from first hand experience.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete0331 View Post
    And here was me mad when the POGs on the FOB's didn't like it if you were Condition 1 inside the wire.

Here's what you do for SNCO's like that, get his name and unit and if you have a good 1stSgt report him. If that doesn't work find an officer you can trust (if such a thing exists) and have him request that his "experience" is required with your unit when you go out.
    That usually scares them enough to leave you alone.
    Im not going to badmouth a SNCO on the internet. I'm smarter than that, but I will say that I like your idea. The micromanaging just absolutely gets under my skin.

I had a wise SSgt tell me when I was a young PFC, if you don't like what you're being told, get promoted. I've attained SSgt, and now I don't have to deal with "retarded" SSgts anymore, generally when they attain the rank of gunny or higher they don't micro-manage because they are in battalion billets and other things to worry about.

Just get promoted and then you won't have to deal with idiots of your current rank.

if you hate the BS so much in the Corps, then become an officer in the Marine Corps and change it, don't be a quitter... make a difference.

I just had a really bad ****ing day today. I'll just stop now.

I like that advice SSgt Petzold, but its a long road to SNCO from my boots. At least 5, 6 years. Its not like I can quit, so we'll see where Im at at my EAS.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Achped,I work in housing as a maintence super. I have a manager,a regional manager an owner and all his lawers,they all want something done in or on the building or in the apts.have one house keeper,one other maint. tech and my self.the other main tech could not find his way outside with out instructions,useless.Can,t quit because of morgage,new car payment,new motorcycle payment ,and all the other stuff that sucks the money out of my wallet,life on the outside of the Marine Corps isn,t a bowl of cherrys,it really sucks sometimes,i,m not twenty years old any more and the company want everything done now.enough of my *****ing,best stay where you are,Semper Fi Marine

the Corps sucks.
    You can just do what I did and drown your hatred with motivation!

I've been in your shoes so many times. From raking sand to 'beautification' projects to the dreaded inventories (massive). I have had so many sh!tty leaders that I should be counting down the hours to my EAS, but I'm not. If you ain't motivated, then fake it. I brainwashed myself to believe that being a Marine is the greatest thing in the world, and it worked. Most Marines hate going to the field, but I just tell myself how much I love it and anticipate the next field exercise, and it works. I look forward to gaining a rank where I do not have to deal with all the little BS. And in the end, all this little BS actually makes some pretty good stories. I can laugh about having to rake sand and feel like a tough Marine for doing so. The Corps is what you make of it. Just because you are in a sh!tty situation, doesn't mean that you have to hate it.

Semper Fidelis

well achped, as I mentioned you can also goto school and become an officer in the Corps... MUSTANG!!

there's also a mustang association you can join.

anyways look into the MECEP program, the Corps will pay for you to goto school and when you're done you get commissioned as a 2nd luey... a butter bar.... yeah that's all I got on junior officers.

anyways, attempt that route before you decide to get out and be forced to work while attending school... at least in the MECEP program you can focus everything on studying... well during the weekdays, then you get to party on the weekends!

I found out that you need to goto a school that has a Navy/Marine Corps ROTC program, and you just have to check in with the OIC whenever it is he says... generally weekly. Best thing is, you don't have to get in uniform or do the ROTC events.

so what's better than getting Sgt pay of 2500 base, BAH for the area and having your tuition paied for???? well all the college girls you get to talk up and impress with your "war" stories!!

keep in mind you qualify as a first term Cpl but you'll need an officer or two to write a letter of recommendation when you submit your request... and the sooner the better so you don't have to do a few extensions to wait for your response.

and if you are wondering about if they'll accept you... I don't know.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    You were whining before you went into tha CROTCH,you think Your the only bastard thats been 2 WAR,its all YOU BRAGG about.DAMM Marine I was A Cpl 3x's. Had more azzholes SNCO'S than a toilet seat on an Aircraft Carrier.Suc it up and QUIT fucing WHINING,you go in as a officer 2ND LT.your gonna have Gunnys riding You worst that a fucing Bulldog in heat or You'll end Up getting Fragged!!!

You haveit right FISTFU68. All this guy does is whine and cry about something. The Corps will be much better off without this slacker.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Well i'll be dammed Gunny YOU @ I finally agreed on sumthing Heres 2 YA Semper~Fidelis

Thread Information