USMC Corporals After Action, Iraq - Page 2
Create Post
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    FREAKIN OUTSTANDING POST Sgt. Thank you.......

Highly Motivating!
    Its born leaders like Cpl. "XXX" That REALLY Make the Marines
    Extraordinary!

The sad part is that many of these young Corporal's have done 2, 3, or even 4 tours to Iraq and Afghanistan are simply tired and burned out.

When they do leave the Marine Corps, a lot of their experience from doing this day to day is sadly lost. For every Cpl/Sgt that exits the Marine's, that 4-6 years of experience is lost and must be rebuilt.

I did really well retention wise, but most of my guys I reenlisted were 35XX, 13XX, comm, Intel, and a handfull of others. Most of them would only agree to reenlist for a "chill-out" period, a special duty (MSG), or Latmove. Many I lost simply because they were "tired", and I can't blame them for that.

Hell yeah SSgt, 20110610, I am out and you won't see me back. This is retarded.

now you don't want to re-enlist achped? why not? deployments?

Ive never wanted to reenlist really. It has nothing to do with deployments. In fact I prefer being deployed to being in garrison. I wish I could spend 6 months in Iraq, get 2 weeks leave, 6 months in Iraq, 2 weeks leave, for the rest of my entire enlistment. I'd get out with a whole bunch of cash and I'd be the sexiest looking guy ever.

In garrison is when SNCOs and officers start getting retarded. Its my time, I don't need a formation to be held telling me don't drink and drive. If the Marine is a dumbass and kills himself on a bike doing 180 on the H3 in Hawaii, oh well. Making him stand in a formation in the mud in his charlies at 1900 on a Friday looking at a crashed car on the back of a wrecker isn't going to stop him. When they had that formation it ****ed me off so much that I almost wanted to get a DUI just to show how pointless having a "Safety stand down" is in the first place. There's just way too much stupid BS in the Corps that you dont have to put up with in the civilian world. Besides, I can tell my idiot boss at a civilian job to **** himself, I can tell him no I'm not going to do that because its stupid, and you can take out your own damn trash and sweep your own floor At most I'll get fired. But If I do it in the Corps I get charged.

I've seen the civilian world and I've seen the Corps. The grass really is greener on the other side.

Quote Originally Posted by Achped View Post
    I've seen the civilian world and I've seen the Corps. The grass really is greener on the other side.
    Ummmm, look around you or turn on CNN and listen to the employment stats. Many MBA's are out of work now. Many qualified people with serious skills in specialized work can't find jobs. The grass is NOT always greener.

I find it ironic how Achped is always mentioning how much he hates the Corps, yet he frequents this moto site. I think he enjoys being a Marine. I can see him re-enlisting after 6 months in the civilian world. Rah!

Ive never wanted to reenlist really. It has nothing to do with deployments. In fact I prefer being deployed to being in garrison. I wish I could spend 6 months in Iraq, get 2 weeks leave, 6 months in Iraq, 2 weeks leave, for the rest of my entire enlistment. I'd get out with a whole bunch of cash and I'd be the sexiest looking guy ever.

In garrison is when SNCOs and officers start getting retarded. Its my time, I don't need a formation to be held telling me don't drink and drive. If the Marine is a dumbass and kills himself on a bike doing 180 on the H3 in Hawaii, oh well. Making him stand in a formation in the mud in his charlies at 1900 on a Friday looking at a crashed car on the back of a wrecker isn't going to stop him. When they had that formation it ****ed me off so much that I almost wanted to get a DUI just to show how pointless having a "Safety stand down" is in the first place. There's just way too much stupid BS in the Corps that you dont have to put up with in the civilian world. Besides, I can tell my idiot boss at a civilian job to **** himself, I can tell him no I'm not going to do that because its stupid, and you can take out your own damn trash and sweep your own floor At most I'll get fired. But If I do it in the Corps I get charged.

I can see that you will never make it in the un-organized and un disiplined civilian world. Six months to a year you will be back on this site asking how you can get back in the corps.

Yep, you can tell you boss in the civilian world all those things, the unemployment line is really long these days. In my time in the Corps I saw many with your attitude who ended up living on the streets and in shelters.

Good and bad on both sides. There's no where else in the world that at 19yrs of age you can be in charge of a 3/4 of a million dollar vehicle that can reek death and distruction (I was 19yrs old and a vehicle commander of an LAV-25).

Quote Originally Posted by Old Marine View Post
    I can see that you will never make it in the un-organized and un disiplined civilian world. Six months to a year you will be back on this site asking how you can get back in the corps.

Yep, you can tell you boss in the civilian world all those things, the unemployment line is really long these days. In my time in the Corps I saw many with your attitude who ended up living on the streets and in shelters.
    So any Marine that gets out won't make it? Or just mine with the attitude that they want to get out? I'm confused. Marines that get out have my attitude. They want to get out. If they didn't they would reenlist. Am I not correct?

My plan has always been to attend college (I've got a free ride to any school in Florida plus the GI bill to use) and then join the ARMY as an officer. Its not like I'd have any problem making it. I'm intelligent, their standards are low, and I can PT.

Call me a non hacker, quitter, whatever. I was going to go army officer to begin with until someone had to push the "well theres a war going on now. Spend 4 years in the Corps or 4 in college, your choice" button. I'm glad I did it though, now I know how absolutely gay life can be sometimes.

"EAS baby you can't stop time, uncle sam's gettin his so I'm gonna get mine. F-USMC you can suck my ***k I can't wait to be another homeboy back on the block..."

Great song.

Commdog, I'm actually secretly moto lol. I do love the Corps and I recognize it as the best fighting force on earth. I love wearing the uniform and love knowing I am the best. But its not for me.

There's just way too much stupid BS in the Corps that you dont have to put up with in the civilian world.
    It's there, just a different flavor.

So any Marine that gets out won't make it? Or just mine with the attitude that they want to get out? I'm confused. Marines that get out have my attitude. They want to get out. If they didn't they would reenlist. Am I not correct?
    No, I would have stayed but I needed a break.
    Not from the deployments, but from the BS.

My plan has always been to attend college (I've got a free ride to any school in Florida plus the GI bill to use) and then join the ARMY as an officer. Its not like I'd have any problem making it. I'm intelligent, their standards are low, and I can PT.
    Yeah, but you have a bullcrap attitude.

Oh Im sure, but no one gives a F*** what Im doing off work, if my chevrons are placed correctly, my belt is the right length, etc etc

Oh, you are one of them closet moto's!

The Corps is about 'high standards', always has been always will be. The day we lower our standards is the day we become no different than any other branch of service. I just don't understand why most Marines join the Corps for a challenge, yet complain when they get one....

Thread Information