The Black Rifle
Create Post
Page 1 of 19 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: The Black Rifle

Talking The Black Rifle

This is my rifle. There are many like it, but this one is mine.
    My rifle is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life.

My rifle, without me, is useless. Without my rifle, I am useless. I must fire my rifle true. I must shoot straighter than my enemy who is trying to kill me. I must shoot him before he shoots me. I WILL....

My rifle and myself know that what counts in this war is not the rounds we fire, the noise of our burst,nor the smoke we make. We know that it is the hits that count. WE WILL HIT....

My rifle is human, even as I, because it is my life. Thus, I will learn it as a brother. I will learn its weaknesses, its strength, its parts, its accessories, its sights and its barrel. i will ever guard it against the raveges of weather and damage as I ever guard my legs, my arms, my eyes and my heart against damage. I will keep my rifle clean and ready. We will become part of each other. WE WILL...

Before God I swear this creed. My rifle and myself are defenders of MY COUNTRY. We are the masters of our enemy. WE ARE THE SAVIORS OF MY LIFE.

So be it, until victory is America's and there is no enemy but peace!

Talking The Black Rifle

FYI I started this post so that questions on the rifle, optics and on the range can be directed here instead of on posts about other subjects.
    Cpl B

Cpl B.,
    Be advised that only Marines can post freely on this forum. The Wannabees and Poollees can only Create Posts that they started themselves. You should move this to the Poollee Hall if you want them to comment.

rvillac2 I apologise for the infraction . How do I get this post moved?
    Cpl B

No, apologies necessary, Devil Dog. Just letting you know why the non-Marines wouldn't respond to your post.
    The mods will probably notice it and move it.

Semper FI, Brother.

ttracker65==========You are going to find more that a few Marines on this site who do not like the "black rifle" Me for one. It was and still is a big pile of sh11. I had some damn good Marine buddies on 881S. The M-14 was and still a far better rifle than that pice off sh11.

The civilian model of the M-14 is the M1A. It is a formadable weapon of the .308 Cal. My own brother uses one. But if you go by Comp shooters I only saw 2 M1A's being used and neither ranked in the top 20 on the Assault course. But i would be edgy competeing against one on a 500 to 700 yd course. Speciel ops are useing a modified version in Iraq as we speak.
    Cpl B

ttracker65=======The 223 bullet does not have the knock down power or nor can it punch through walls and bushes no matter what any one will say the the m-16, m4. 223 will always be a peace of sh11.

Talking M-16 -v- M-468

The newer model and the model being tested by speciel forces is Not a 5.56 but is of the 6.8 SPC breed and it will go through soft positions (wood, cinder and light fortified positions) And has a much higher energy than the 5.56 but has a lower muzzel velocity comparable to the .308 as well as a longer effective range. It is being considered a Mid range sniper rifle (300 yds) the Military designation is the M-468

The M-16 is Not a .223 but 5.56 (there is a difference) and there have been complaints of it penetrateing cinder, dirt and in a few instances clothes.

But as in all thing's Ya gotta hit 'em to kill 'em

Cpl B

Quote Originally Posted by ggyoung
    ttracker65=======The 223 bullet does not have the knock down power or nor can it punch through walls and bushes no matter what any one will say the the m-16, m4. 223 will always be a peace of sh11.
    You're right...even from my, an Armorer's and PMI's, point of view. The Springfield is superior in almost every way. The M14 has more knock down power, further reach. But the main reason the Marine Corps got away from the M14 is because of it's bulkiness and its' weight AND THE CHEAPER way of manufacturing the M16 and its ammo. Plus, the black rifle is lighter and a little more resilient then the M14 by not rusting so much AND your average azz in the grass Marine can pack MORE ammo thus allowing for more kills. As you know, they never leave sh!t alone if it's not broken, and if it is broken...good luck on seeing it get fixed in a hurry!!!

I've shot competitively while on active duty Marine Corps with the M14 and it is FAR more superior in almost every way in power, size, balance, ballistics...all except its weight. That, my friend, was the main and only reason for its downfall. But, the M16A1 and A2 are pretty good rifles in their own respect. They have their own good attributes and can be fired accurately.

The Marine Corps Times just ran an article comparing the M16 to various other 5.56 assault rifles and it failed miserably. Did anyone else see teh article?

Mike

Talking M-16 -v- M-468

I do understand you hmmm older Marines had a terrible time with the M-16, with the locking lug gassing up and getting stuck. Please understand that is the M-16 of the Ice Age. Current models are as follows: 5.56 M16 A3 (3 round burst option) M16 A2 (fwd assist ,changed battle sights, three squeeze trigger) M-4 (Shorter barrel, telescoping stock) 6.8 SPC M468 (shorter barrel, telescoping stock, built in optics with iron back up) 7.62 M1A (shorter barrel, changed stock, changed sighting system) as to the New York Times They also said we lost 375 tons of high explosives at the beginning of the Iraq conflict until a civilian made them retract it. Cpl B

Im gonig to shoot an M16 tonite, Ill let you know how I like it!

Talking The Black Rifle

The M-16 is made by Colt where as the 468 is made by Barret Arms the same company that produces the BMG 50 Cal. Cpl B

Thread Information