Question about marriage... - Page 2
Create Post
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    FIRST LESSON IN THE BAPTISM OF MARINE CORPS LIFE....DON'T PLAN NUTTIN' CAUSE THE WORD WILL CHANGE!__________________

Truer words never spoken, and I'll give you the same advice that I'd give one of my own daughters...DO NOT rush into something that you may regret later.

After checking out your profile I noticed you are a childcare provider/owner. Keep in mind the last two posts and consider that after you are married and his post is 'finalized', if you chose to relocate your chances of successfully relocating your profession and keeping the same income are nill. And remember that as a new marine his income, even married, will be crumbs.

While her income might not be the same, I do know that a lot of bases are lacking in child care professionals. She may be able to find job on base at the CDC.

ok. whats the rush? why is it so damn important to get married right this second? my husband and i had 2 weeks together before he deployed, now hes coming back and im leaving a few weeks before he gets home. we will spend over 1 year apart, of our first year of being married. its not worth it. just wait until he gets out of his schooling and gets stablized (..waiting for bigal to comment on the word stabilized..) in the fleet, then you will have time to think about if your up to being married to the CORPS or not.. and hopefully you and him being a pfc/lcpl won't have to spend your money on getting separated because you guys learned the hard way..

Marine Spouse Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    So this is the middle of March, did you get married?

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by MrsAlexander08
    She has a girlfriend. I dont think she'd be interested.

LOL! Wookie shot down!

Marine Spouse Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Well I guess that info has settled the problem.

Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by Tegan
    ok. whats the rush? why is it so damn important to get married right this second? my husband and i had 2 weeks together before he deployed, now hes coming back and im leaving a few weeks before he gets home. we will spend over 1 year apart, of our first year of being married. its not worth it. just wait until he gets out of his schooling and gets stablized (..waiting for bigal to comment on the word stabilized..) in the fleet, then you will have time to think about if your up to being married to the CORPS or not.. and hopefully you and him being a pfc/lcpl won't have to spend your money on getting separated because you guys learned the hard way..

Tegan, why me?

Stabilized? Do that mean horizontal?? and

ha ha bigal.. haha

Credits
    Savings
    Images

Talking Don't Get Married Yet Teach Wookster How???

MOVE OVER ROVER,LET THE REAL "JODY"TAKE OVER! WOOKSTER I TOLD YOU ABOUT TRYING TOO BE ME WHEN I WASN'T ON DUTY,TRYING TOO BE SLY;WISHING SHE WOULD HAVE BEEN THE ONE ON THE LEFT AND YOU GET YOU'RE SELF A CARPET MUNCHER(LMFAO) CHIT MARINE YOU GOTTA BE A SEASONED POINT MAN TOO SMELL OUT AN AMBUSH,NOW GO HALFSTEP BACK TOO TAIL END CHARLIE MARINE!!!

It will be best to let the lad make it through boot camp then marry then. It can delay his going to boot camp and then he would lose his MOS and that can be important if he is going into something other than 0300.

As I have told every recruit I ever had. Wait until your first 4 years or you reach the rank of SSGT before getting married. There are some things you need to do in the Corps single.

Quote Originally Posted by MrsAlexander08
    She has a girlfriend. I dont think she'd be interested.
    I would be.

Thread Information