Prayers for L/Cpl Maria Lauterbach - Page 2
Create Post
Page 2 of 21 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
    Phantom Blooper
    Guest Free Member
    Sheriff: Major announcement expected today in missing Marine case

January 11, 2008 - 11:49AM
    THE ASSOCIATED PRESS
    Onslow County Sheriff Ed Brown said he expected a major break this afternoon in the case of the disappearance of a 20-year-old pregnant Marine, after detectives finish interviewing the woman’s roommate.

“He’s going to answer some questions that I think will shed a lot of light on this case,” Brown said.

The roommate, Marine Sgt. Daniel Durham, isn’t a suspect in the case. But authorities believe Durham to be the last person to speak with Lance Cpl. Maria Lauterbach, who is due to give birth in mid-February, and may have been monitoring the case while on a training mission in California.

When asked whether he believed the case would be resolved Friday, Brown said: “I wouldn’t step over that line. I am still in the middle of the road, but leaning toward the positive.” He has emphasized the case remains a missing-person investigation.

The Marine, who vanished last month before she was to testify in a military probe, had said she was assaulted by a senior officer, according to court documents.

According to court documents, state authorities searched Durham’s laptop because they believe the woman may have used it to search for directions on the Internet, as well as her cell phone records and the residence she shared with Durham.

Camp Lejeune officials said the missing woman, who is assigned to the 2nd Marine Logistics Group of the II Marine Expeditionary Force, joined the Marine Corps in June 2006, trained as a personnel clerk and had not deployed to either Iraq or Afghanistan.

Phantom Blooper
    Guest Free Member
    Marine to be believed dead! More as press conference continues.

Phantom Blooper
    Guest Free Member
    Sheriff: Lauterbach is dead

THE DAILY NEWS
    Onslow County Sheriff Ed Brown announced at a press conference today that Lance Cpl. Maria Lauterbach, 20, who has been missing since December is dead.
    He said she is believed to be buried in Onslow County, and investigators are searching for the body.

Suspect is allegedly the Rapist. BOLO put out. News conference still ongoing.

jetdawgg
    Guest Free Member
    SF

Gawddamn It!! I Want That Dudes Fvcken Head On A Plate!! What A Sad State Ofthings!! My Heart Goes To Her Mom And Her Family.

WHY? This is totally uncalled for. Someone's a$$ needs to fry.
    God Bless her family during this awful time.

The Suspects Name Cpl. Cesar Armando Lauren And He's On The Run Although He Does Have An Attorney. I Don't Know How That Works But Thats What Is Being Reported On Headline News. I Really Want This Guy Caught, This Is One Of Those Mother Fvckers That Needs To Die Right Away And If He's In General Pop. I Think He Will Be. The Fvcken Coward!! I Wish I Had My Hands Around His Fvcken Neck Right Now!!

How sad. Where is the rope? Find a good hanging tree.

~sigh~ prayers still go out to her and her family. may God show no pitty or mercy on the person who is found to be guily of the crime.

How would I sentence the SOB responsible....hand his ass over to the jihadis. They'll take real good care of him.

This country doesn't know the meaning of punishment anymore.

Phantom Blooper
    Guest Free Member
    Officials search for 'key suspect' in Marine's death

BY LINDELL KAY
    January 11, 2008 - 3:53PM
    THE DAILY NEWS
    The search is on for Marine Cpl. Cesar Armando Laurean, who investigators say is a key suspect in the death of a 20-year-old pregnant Marine.

Onslow County Sheriff Ed Brown announced at a press conference today that he learned this morning that Marine Lance Cpl. Maria Lauterbach, 20, who has been missing since December, is dead.

Lauterbach was about 8 1/2 months pregnant when she disappeared. Brown said he had no information to indicate that the child she was carrying is alive.

He said she is believed to be buried in Onslow County near where she died, and investigators are searching for the body in what is believed to be a shallow grave off Gum Branch Road.

Lauterbach's uncle, Peter Steiner, a psychiatrist who lives in Louisville, Ky., and had been in Jacksonville in the past week looking into his niece's disappearance, said his niece called her uncle's home at least twice a week, because they were very close.

"She was a very beautiful, athletic young lady. She volunteered to join the Marine Corps. She was very committed to the Marines, and she is being portrayed in a way that does not look well. She was petrified; she has been continually intimidated and harassed by people (Marines). She was not protected; she was not well looked after."

Lauterbach had alleged that she had been assaulted by Laurean, and he is "clearly a suspect, a key suspect" in the case, Brown said.

Paul Chiccarelli, special agent in charge of Naval Criminal Investigative Service aboard Camp Lejeune, said the crucial information that brought the turn in the case came through the base, which he said had been very cooperative throughout the investigation.

He said Laurean had not been considered a flight risk, but officials believe he left town about 4 a.m. today. Law enforcement agencies nationwide have been notified to keep an eye out for Lauren.

Laurean is a white male, 21 years old, 5 feet 9 inches tall, with black hair and brown eyes. He weighs about 160 pounds. He drives a black 2004 quad cab Dodge pickup, license plate number TRR 1522.

Onslow County property tax records show that Cesar A. and Christina S. Lauren own a house at 103 Meadow Trail in Jacksonville. The address is near where law enforcement officials are searching for Lauterbach's body

I think 'return' would be more correct at this point.

Hopefully, the dirtbag will run and/or shoot at some cops.

WHERE is a good goon squad of SWAT guys when we need one????????

Wing

Sorry to say this, but CNN says she is dead.

Phantom Blooper
    Guest Free Member
    Missing Marine believed dead; suspect sought

Uncle: 'She was not protected'

THE DAILY NEWS
    The search is on for Marine Cpl. Cesar Armando Laurean, who investigators say is a key suspect in the death of a 20-year-old pregnant Marine.

Onslow County Sheriff Ed Brown announced at a press conference today that he learned this morning that Marine Lance Cpl. Maria Lauterbach, 20, who has been missing since December, is dead.

Lauterbach was about 8 1/2 months pregnant when she disappeared. Brown said he had no information to indicate that the child she was carrying is alive.

He said she is believed to be buried in Onslow County near where she died, and investigators are searching for the body in what is believed to be a shallow grave off Gum Branch Road.

Lauterbach's uncle, Peter Steiner, a psychiatrist who lives in Louisville, Ky., and had been in Jacksonville in the past week looking into his niece's disappearance, said his niece called her uncle's home at least twice a week, because they were very close.

"She was a very beautiful, athletic young lady. She volunteered to join the Marine Corps. She was very committed to the Marines, and she is being portrayed in a way that does not look well. She was petrified; she has been continually intimidated and harassed by people (Marines). She was not protected; she was not well looked after."

Lauterbach had alleged that she had been assaulted by Laurean, and he is "clearly a suspect, a key suspect" in the case, Brown said.

Paul Chiccarelli, special agent in charge of Naval Criminal Investigative Service aboard Camp Lejeune, said the crucial information that brought the turn in the case came through the base, which had been very cooperative throughout the investigation.

He said Laurean had not been considered a flight risk, but officials believe he left town about 4 a.m. today. Law enforcement agencies nationwide have been notified to keep an eye out for Lauren.

Laurean, 21, is a white male, 5 feet 9 inches tall, with black hair and brown eyes. He weighs about 160 pounds. He drives a black 2004 quad cab Dodge pickup, license plate number TRR 1522.

Onslow County property tax records show that Cesar A. and Christina S. Laurean own a house at 103 Meadow Trail in Jacksonville. The address is near where law enforcement officials are searching for Lauterbach's body.

Thread Information