this forum is great! - Page 5
Closed Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    I want to congratulate you on rising two fine boys. You must be so very proud of them as all of use are.
    As a parent now, you will now be boarding the emotional roller coaster ride of your life. This experience has changed my life forever, from how you pick and chose your friends. This was the biggest heart break to me. You will learn who your real friends are now. Stay close to the friends and family that do support you, You will need them.
    Your biggest change will come to you on your way home from graduation, on your plane flight or your drive home. You will understand then.

The mall will not look the same to you ever again

Quote Originally Posted by 2PW
    I want to congratulate you on rising two fine boys. You must be so very proud of them as all of use are.
    As a parent now, you will now be boarding the emotional roller coaster ride of your life. This experience has changed my life forever, from how you pick and chose your friends. This was the biggest heart break to me. You will learn who your real friends are now. Stay close to the friends and family that do support you, You will need them.
    Your biggest change will come to you on your way home from graduation, on your plane flight or your drive home. You will understand then.

Oh my gosh! It is like you are all looking in my house today. What an awful day it has been! I'm glad I am part of this family now too, at least you all understand the feelings and the pride of country and being a Marine and who and what they stand for.

I'm not gonna cry again today! You guys will make me tough yet with the outsider jerks that don't understand!

Credits
    Savings
    Images

Monica

I am a docent at the National Museum of the Marine Corps near Quantico Virginia. Like any day that I volunteer at the museum there is always something that high lights my day. Today was no different. A father and son, (I don't know if the father has served or not)? walked into the museum and in about two hours or so they are walking out. We have three Marines always on duty at the museum. This father and son were on their way out of the museum and this little guy, probably about 10 years old or so walked up to LCpl Seymore at the desk and said, "Thank you for defending my country". I'll tell you what my eyes started leaking as soon as I heard this little guy say this. I also swelled with pride. And in true Marine fashion LCpl Seymore said, " You are welcome." I think LCpl Seymore felt the samething that I did. Only me, the LCpl and the dad heard this, but wow from a little guy like this it really ment a lot. I am just thinking if that were to have been one of your sons and knowing how you have raised them what would they have done? I am pretty sure it would have been to the positive.

Hey don't worry about your house we aren't looking at anything. LOL

I am not sure if you ahve had the time to look into this on the forum or not but have you seen anything on the thread that you need to know about what to expect when your sons reach MCRD? What I am saying is how long will it take to hear from them? From what I understand within the first couple of days you will get a phone call from your sons, it will be short and scripted as to allow all of the other newly arriving recruits to also call home. Back in my day it was the pony express, this is a lot faster these days.

Again, welcome to the Marine Corps family.

Quote Originally Posted by 2PW
    I

AMEN. No truer words.

Quote Originally Posted by GySgtRet
    I am a docent at the National Museum of the Marine Corps near Quantico Virginia. Like any day that I volunteer at the museum there is always something that high lights my day. Today was no different. A father and son, (I don't know if the father has served or not)? walked into the museum and in about two hours or so they are walking out. We have three Marines always on duty at the museum. This father and son were on their way out of the museum and this little guy, probably about 10 years old or so walked up to LCpl Seymore at the desk and said, "Thank you for defending my country". I'll tell you what my eyes started leaking as soon as I heard this little guy say this. I also swelled with pride. And in true Marine fashion LCpl Seymore said, " You are welcome." I think LCpl Seymore felt the samething that I did. Only me, the LCpl and the dad heard this, but wow from a little guy like this it really ment a lot. I am just thinking if that were to have been one of your sons and knowing how you have raised them what would they have done? I am pretty sure it would have been to the positive.

Hey don't worry about your house we aren't looking at anything. LOL

I am not sure if you ahve had the time to look into this on the forum or not but have you seen anything on the thread that you need to know about what to expect when your sons reach MCRD? What I am saying is how long will it take to hear from them? From what I understand within the first couple of days you will get a phone call from your sons, it will be short and scripted as to allow all of the other newly arriving recruits to also call home. Back in my day it was the pony express, this is a lot faster these days.

Again, welcome to the Marine Corps family.

What a lovely story...thanks so much for sharing it.

Done!

Closed Down

Thread Information