Call to Arms!!!!!!!!!!!!! - Page 2
Closed Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    I support you, I'll keep my reasons to my self but I support you. If i can be there I will.

You may hve gotten unfriendly comments from 5 but you got views from 204. Maybe you reached more than you hoped for. Good luck. I cant go to Forida but I bet some will.

Quote Originally Posted by sparkie
    I'll have to tell my wife about this,,, When the red light comes on, Don't tell me you have a headache. My lie detector knows all. Kinda like Phonico's nose.
    LMAO

Quote Originally Posted by elmacotech1988
    I am embarrassed and disappointed, I came here to ask those who took an oath just as I did, for help, help for those in great need, It's not like I was asking for something for myself. What do I get? Ridicule! And you cast aspersions on my state of mind.
    Do you think we should become vigilanties....self serving justice....because that's what you're asking us to do,when you make a call to Arms.....this is what our system is for,no matter how unperfect it is,,,just learn what strings to pull.

Quote Originally Posted by Buckeye
    Do you think we should become vigilanties....self serving justice....because that's what you're asking us to do,when you make a call to Arms.....this is what our system is for,no matter how unperfect it is,,,just learn what strings to pull.
    Chill out Devil Dog..."Call to Arms" is a figure of speech, you're being too literal.
    No one is calling for a jihad.

Well Said RLeon, and I do appreciate those who are supporting this effort. We need all the help we can get down here.

Please sound off if you want to help my email is spec9102k2@yahoo.com if you don't wish to sound off here. Any replies to my email will be kept confidential.

And Crash I have a feeling I can guess what your reasons are.

yellowwing
    Guest Free Member
    Child and Family is the 800 pound gorilla in most bureaucracies. They get the all the budget and laws they ask for, even if it takes from other programs.

Up here someone started a parents aid group that helped them with thier problems raising a family. In one year they were able to safely return 40 out of 70 kids to their families.

The next year the program was squashed. It would have eventually put Child and Familiy out of business.

First things first why where these children turned over to DFS in the first place?? Parents on Drugs or Alcohol, Or did the parents place these children in situtations where there lives where in danger?? if these are the cases you speak of then i say to the parents GET YOUR ARSE wired together.. and make the changes. I have had to go with DFS and take children from there homes because of the above things.. I have taken children out of there homes because the parents where just dead beats and didnt want to care for there children either.. I think you need to look at this at a case by case issue..

I love the quote yellowwing, and it is very fitting the time is NOW and the who is US. Parents here are scared, too scared to defend themselves. a parent here was told "If you make waves you will never see your daughter again." April 2008 will be 3 years since he's seen her.

Credits
    Savings
    I believe in what you are doing but due to legal matters in my state, NJ, I have to be kind of quiet. I have a granddaughter that lost her Mother, Brother and Sister and has a suit against the NJ DYFS. (division of ypught and family services.) It is not easy due to DYFS is state run. I was lucky to find a very good lawyer to take the job. We hope to settle soon. Two offers have already but are too low. They were murdered by their husband and father whiling dyfs was investigating him. He killed himself at the same time.

Good luck

I am sorry to hear of your loss Sgt0811, it is a terrible tragedy. unfortunately yours is not the only one I have heard. Children lost do to Child Protective Services failure to act is all too common. One of the reasons for this action is; Too many children are taken unnecessarily, for example a parent that is using drugs does not necessarily abuse or neglect their children. yet their children are routinely removed. I have witnessed many cases of removal that were unfounded and based on erroneous reports by mandatory reporters and exagerated by caseworkers and encouraged by administrators seeking additional funding. these unnecessary removals flood the system and prevent children who are in real danger from getting the help that they need. I am not asking for help just to return children to their homes or to return children to home where they are being abused, but to put a leash on a system that by nature feeds on our children, I'm asking for the return of those children unnecessarily removed for their sake and the sake of the children who truly need those few resources this sytem has. You have my deepest sympathies and I wish you luck in your case.

Semper Fi
    totus pro unus quod unus pro totus

3% real and 98% false allegations ?? Well i can tell you that in 21 years of Law Enforcement When DFS came to my office to request Assistance these children where taken because of neglect or because of endangerment it wasnt because someone called the hotline and reported it. It was investigated by 2 agencys not just DFS. and if allegations where made that party that made that allegation would be brought in and made a legal report and signed by the reportee and the investigating officer. if in fact the reportee refused to sign the allegation report the investigation stopped there.I as the chief of Police made sure that no one or any childs civil rights where violated. DFS and my department worked very well together when it came to investigations or allegations.. My advice to you is to get your Law enforcement people more involved and get your state to allow not just DFS to do what there doing but 2 agencys involved.

yellowwing
    Guest Free Member
    Excellent Tom! I had a Veteran Bro in Nashville that worked Juvenile Crime. He would spend a whole afternoon with the delinquent's parents talking to them that jail was the best thing right now.

He still always wore his vest and packed a big .40 cause he was going in to arrest the parent's 'baby'. He said 90% of the time it was worth the hours involved.

He didn't tell me of the other 10%.

As one of those mandatory reporters I'd like to weigh in on this. First of all I want to say I admire your passion for your cause. I made two reports, in my career so far, one was to DCBS in Kentucky, and the other was on my sister in law in Missouri, talk about awkward.

In both cases there were drugs involved. Regarding the Kentucky case, I saw the woman as an emergency walk in at the clinic I was working in. She was having crack withdrawals, and refused services. I advised her of my duty to report this, and reported it to DCBS in Kentucky because this woman had 3 boys from a previous marriage. The cops went out, the children were by themselves. She later put a 38 to her head in front of her children, and the end result was.....nothing. When I left that agency I worked for in Kentucky, nothing had been done.

Situation #2. My sister in law and her husband were using crack and methamphetamines heavily. My in laws didn't want to do anything, so as the mandated reporter, I made the call.....nothing happened. In fact, I found out that since that time DFS has been called on her at least 6 times, and nothing has been done.

As a mandated reporter/ therapist, I'm told if I don't report this information, I can be held liable, lose my licensure, never work in my profession again, be blacklisted, etc. Everything I've worked for has been dangled in front of me, like dangling a carrot in front of a horse. However, here's another crux, the majority of clients I have are substance users, so if they are lying, I still have to make the report, or I or the ageny I work for risks getting sued. Now that I work for the VA it's worse because they have pretty much made it clear that they will hang me out to dry before they take the hit.

I want to leave by asking you a question. How do you suggest I as a mandatory reporter, verify the information. Because here's the thing, if you come to me and tell me your next door neighbor is doing crack, and beating their children. How can I verify that? I could call the police and send them out, but if I do that, I have to be very careful as to how I word it because I could inadvertently violate your confidentiality. Suppose the police go out, and they don't find anything? Maybe your neighbor hid their crack, or cleaned up their house really well. So, how do I as a mandated reporter verify my information?

Like I said I respect your passion for your cause, but at the same time it seems as if your putting a lot of blame on mandatory reporters as being the one's responsible for erroneous reports.

Now, let me go back to the case of my sister in law. DFS contacted her and notified her of a complaint. My blond haired blue eyed sister in law was able to convince the worker that they should visit in the case workers office. This gives her time to get her trashy house clean, and I mean trashy, it looked like a landfill exploded in her house; and gave her and her husband plenty of time to hide their drugs. So when the caseworker shows up, they come to a nice clean shiny house, with my charming blue eyed blond haired sister, presenting a false front. The caseworker confronted my sister in law, who looked this person eye to eye, smiled and lied. Now, I'm the mandated reporter who did what had to be done, for fear of losing his livelihood, so something could get done, and nothing happens.

So, am I the one who made the erroneous report, which was based off of the information I had been given, and in the case of my sister in law, saw personally. Not to mention that I have to document my reports in such a careful way that I don't cause any type of trauma to the person I've reported, because that of course is unethical, and I could have had my license stripped for that too.

O.k. I'm done ranting. Don't be so quick to point fingers at mandated reporters.

Addendum:

I don't like the idea of children being abused, or the system screwing over someone because their neighbor got a bug up their a**. I've noticed an interesting thing about government. They complain about crime, but they never seem to have enough money to put extra police on the street.

When I lived in Missouri, they complained about DFS, but paid them below the poverty line, and every year the big administrators who got their nice raises, kept saying their was no money to hire extra case workers.

Just my humble opinion, but it sounds like you have bureaucratitis with the agency where you work at. In the case of bureacratitis- logic is non existent, funding is non existent, and systems tend to collapse in on themselves.

I'd admire your passion hard charger. Just don't let you emotions get the better of you in this.

Thread Information