Greetings, Marines & Poolees.
Create Post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Marine Friend Free Member
    Credits
    Savings

Greetings, Marines & Poolees.

Morning. I haven't yet signed with the Marines, however I am planning on speaking with a recruiter very soon.

I have prior service (USN, '99 - '03), and to make a long story short, being a civilian again sucks. I'm leaning towards joining the Marine

Corps about 95% so far (other branches can kilo mike alpha), since I'm still trying to square away my life here before I commit.

Before you start the bashing, at least know that have the utmost respect for the Marines, especially after serving with them in the

Philippines and Iraq (I was only a squid for 6 months, til I was assigned to NMCB 4). Although my prior time in service may list me as a

vet, I don't believe that I am better than any of you here or elsewhere. I joined this forum to hopefully gain some more insight as to

what experiences everyone else has gone through to assist me in making my final decision in joining the Marines and what MOS to

choose (which will more than likely be 03xx).

- Lance

Welcome aboard, Lance

Lance, you've been bitten by the bug...you know what to do...and congrats!

No worry's swabby the bashing should cease once you earn the

--->Dave

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    We don't bash squids 'round here,,,,,Do we?

Anyway, you gotta go for it. Make up for that 'other thing',,;}

PS Seems sad a Vet has gotta post in Poolee Hall.

Quote Originally Posted by akaRomeo
    Morning. I haven't yet signed with the Marines, however I am planning on speaking with a recruiter very soon.

I have prior service (USN, '99 - '03), and to make a long story short, being a civilian again sucks. I'm leaning towards joining the Marine

Corps about 95% so far (other branches can kilo mike alpha), since I'm still trying to square away my life here before I commit.

Before you start the bashing, at least know that have the utmost respect for the Marines, especially after serving with them in the

Philippines and Iraq (I was only a squid for 6 months, til I was assigned to NMCB 4). Although my prior time in service may list me as a

vet, I don't believe that I am better than any of you here or elsewhere. I joined this forum to hopefully gain some more insight as to

what experiences everyone else has gone through to assist me in making my final decision in joining the Marines and what MOS to

choose (which will more than likely be 03xx).

- Lance
    Even though I'm not a Marine yet! Congrats on your decision of wanting to be a Marine! I'm wanting to be a 03 too! *cough* want to sign up under me so i can get PFC.

Cool Squid bashin?!

Quote Originally Posted by sparkie
    We don't bash squids 'round here,,,,,Do we?
    (Puts away board with nail in the end) WE DON'T!

AWWWW CRAP!

Seriously, Welcome aboard shipmate, no bashin' from this dude...some of my best friends were always the Corpsman, so I got nothing but love for the Navy.

Quote Originally Posted by chili77bowl
    (Puts away board with nail in the end) WE DON'T!

AWWWW CRAP!

Seriously, Welcome aboard shipmate, no bashin' from this dude...some of my best friends were always the Corpsman, so I got nothing but love for the Navy.
    Hell yea I'm goin to be buying the Corpsman dinner & beer every night! their goin to be the one to save my ass if i get shot up like a ragdoll... that is if i become a Marine which uh.... we don't want to talk about that...we all know I'm going to be a Marine next september... Right ?

Poolee/DEP Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by kelley26
    we all know I'm going to be a Marine next september... Right ?
    I didn't see a question mark at the end of that sentence if you didn't.

Welcome to the forums, Lance. I don't think anyone is going to beat up on you too hard. You may have to replace your monitor every month or so, but that is another problem entirely.

I didn't see a question mark at the end of that sentence if you didn't.

What question mark

Welcome aboard...yeah we won't bash on you too hard. The only navy guy I ever really bash on is my brother. He's out now but I still give him ****. My brother had the nerve to go out and get a tattoo of a devil dog wearing a sailor cap just to remind Marines where they come from...yeah...didn't go over to well haha.

"Kilo mike alpha."? God, I love the military's replacements for the "naughty words".

my favorite was always 'Fubar'

Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by chili77bowl
    my favorite was always 'Fubar'
    Don't forget SNAFU!!

Marine Friend Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Thanks for all the warm welcomes. It's nice to know that despite the "sibling rivalry," there's no hard feelings involved.

I talked to a recruiter today. I spoke with him briefly over the phone to set up an appointment, and if I hadn't been accustomed to Marine humor, I would've almost felt insulted. Basically, I told him of my prior service, and his next question was "are you on drugs?!?"

Anyway, after work I went to the recruiting station to talk to him in person to get some basic info. I'll be dropped several paygrades, but hey, we all have to start at the bottom, right? If all goes well, I'll probably be leaving around July (on probation for a misdemeanor until April). All I need to do now is get squared away financially and physically.

Quote Originally Posted by bigalholmes165
    Don't forget SNAFU!!
    Haha...to this day, I don't think too many people actually know what it really stands for.

Thread Information