Question on VA benefits for dependents...
Create Post

Question on VA benefits for dependents...

Okay, I'm just thinking ahead, and my foot isn't getting any better.

Keep in mind, I'm NOT trying to get out of the Corps, I'll stay in by any means necessary. But I need to keep my doors open just in case.

My father is 100% disabled, as such, as his dependent I was entitled to social security benefits for attending college. I believe it was around 850$ a month.

Now, if worse comes to worse, and I have no option at all of staying in, and they basically say pack your bags...is there any way I can get those benefits? I would technically be "living" with my parents again, (Im 18, and in school, and would be a dependent) but in a dorm room at a college about 50 miles away.

Does my status as prior-military change that? Is there no way I can get that back? Sorry if I'm being vague, I just don't know how to word it exactly, and I haven't thought that deeply into it since Im trying my hardest to stay in the Marine Corps.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Check with your VA Rep at school and also call the Social Security Office that your father uses. Your GI Bill may be a factor as well, but I am not sure.

Jim

Thread Information