I ate the banana... - Page 3
Create Post
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Credits
    Savings
    Images
    We'll re-live the phillipenes later but do you recall a resturaunt in kinville.... you went down the hill and took a left... it was an italian resturaunt owned by a retired Marine Msgt .... they had the best food ever.

Quote Originally Posted by Bulkyker
    You had to crack the shell on your tooth and then dump the whole works in your mouth .... chew and swallow. I said it was like eating a boiled mouse. Yummy LOL
    I didn't get that hip pocket class, I sucked it out of a hole no bigger then the size of a pencil eraser. Filthy nasty stuff

And bigdog, you mean the grass ninja's? We didn't have any mamsans that I remember in the barracks in Oki, but we had a few nice little house mouses in PI. Man they used to put a nasty crease in my jeans right in the front, the cowboys (Marines from down south) loved it but I didn't really like the look. They could spit shine boots like nobody I've ever seen. We used to pour diesel on them to see if they could make them shine (diesel on boots doesn't polish very well, almost never until you find a house mouse

Sorry wookie you might be right but all I can remember is calling them mamasan. This is a freaking great sight! Love talking to fellow Marines!

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Possibly before your time wook but we had a mamasan and a sew sew lady in every barracks. Mamasan did laundry and sew sew could patch anything and tailor all uniforms ... I think it was a dollar a day for mamasan and 5 bucks for any kind of sewing with sew sew. Somewhere along the lines it was discovered that you give mammasan 2 pairs of blue jeans and get one back perfectly pressed and washed the other one went dissappear. They canked the mammasans soon after.

Possibly before your time wook but we had a mamasan and a sew sew lady in every barracks. Mamasan did laundry and sew sew could patch anything and tailor all uniforms ... I think it was a dollar a day for mamasan and 5 bucks for any kind of sewing with sew sew. Somewhere along the lines it was discovered that you give mammasan 2 pairs of blue jeans and get one back perfectly pressed and washed the other one went dissappear. They canked the mammasans soon after.
    well hell i feel jipped now about not having some of those.

They did do a hell of a job on the uniforms! Stiff as a 2x4

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Sew Sew could even cut the buttons off of your cammie trousers and sew the pockets down as perfectly pressed. Cut the sleeves off your cammies and put a perfect roll on there then sew it down. Dress blues she could put on liberty cuffs. Lift the fold on your sleeve then put an extra button so you could fold it back then embroider dragons or mermaids or EGA or whatever you wanted underneath .... you could fold it back and button to display your liberty cuffs.

You know come to think of it I think I remember them now, they stuffed those ladies or whomever into a small gear locker room in the barracks. And they ran it out of there, yeah I remember. I don't remember the laundry lady in Oki but I remember the sewing lady, they called her sew sew, right? "Go see sew sew Marine and UnFock your uniforms" , I think I heard that!

Beer machines loved those beer machines!

Rubber pellet gun's

I hated but loved the company GySgt. They could really screw with you but they also had that fatherly thing about them, some of them. Well, my 2nd pump the big hit thing to buy out in sinville to kill you're boredum was fake guns/pistols/rifles that shot rubber pellets (back in 94) they were C02 charged and they hurt a little if someone got you up close, espcially on rapid fire! And at first we'd have major wars in the barracks everynight, all 4 floors, and if you didn't pay attention you got nailed. Well, I'll save all the filler stuff and just say that the Company Gunny wasn't looking once and we didn't know he was there to be honest, (again they have those powers to just appear) and some idiot hit him. Oh my, that was not a good night, you want to talk about a clean BEQ. All 4 floors were stripped and buffed, all rooms were inspected, Rec room scoured and closed and all guns were confiscated, and then the next day the Gunny took us on this crazy run. The whole company was falling out, good times!

Marine Family Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Never had Bahloot but have seen it's contents (fermented chicken egg, although I have heard that ducks are used as well.)
    Had some Dinaquan(blood pudding, usually pork) at a Filipino wedding.
    Kind of ate it at the persuation of the host. Didn't want to insult the host. Didn't want to get stuck.

Our 1stsgt of E co was a mean little cuss. We had a junk on the bunk inspection for our Blt comander who was at the time LTCol Pace. 1st Sgt was on his last tour and wanted to have a little fun with some of his Marines. He was the last one in the inspection line and he stoped right in front of me nose to nose. He said there was a spot on my brass and he wanted to fix it, he fixed it all right. A fist in the gut, not hard but hard enough to get your attention. I did nothing just looked at him and smiled. When the inspection was over he came over to me again and asked if I was OK and like a dumb a** I said yes and sure enough he did it again. He just walked away laughing his A** off!. Hell I miss that 1stSgt!

What the heck was the name of that drink they had that came in a giant bowl with a bunch of straws. From the gate you would not go down the hill but take a right and there was a club right there that served it. It was $40 or something to order and was something like 5 gallons.
    Not sure if they used to call it something different or not...but right now their called party bowls. Something like 14 different types of liqueurs in the bowl. First time I did one I was done for, now it's just fruit punch lol. Gotta love kin.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    I have searched but can't find the T-shirt I had with the recipe for Mojo ... it was cherry brandy ... beer.... pineapple juice .... rum ... orange juice ... vodka ... Who knows what else ...
    I need to track that shirt down.

my buddy who went to msg we made trash can punch and had a keg in the head.

Thread Information