This is really embarrasing but I need help with it.
Create Post
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

This is really embarrasing but I need help with it.

This is so embarrassing for me, but I will die at recruit training if I don't fix it now. Okay, every time that I do crunches I get a raw spot on the very top of my butt crack. Like I'm talking about scabs forming. I don't know what I'm doing that is causing this to happen. It is very painful, and I'm getting very tired of having to sit down so carefully. Not to mention its embarrasing. I wouldn't have posted but I'm desperate for an answer.

Hmm that is a rather unique situation Tooks, I would only guess that your problem might be your form when you're doing crunches, what kind of surface you're laying on when your doing them, or maybe the material of your PT gear rubbing you the wrong way? If you have access to a gym make sure you are doing all your crunches and sit-ups and exercises of the sort on some kind of mat or padded surface or if you're working out at home go to Wal-Mart and buy a yoga/aerobics mat, they're dirt cheap and they save your back from alot of pain. Just my two cents.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    OK! I'm going to go ahead and apologize up front cause I don't know any other way of saying it...........................

I honestly DO NOT believe what I just read - GIRL (if you are one and this isn't a joke) you should be asking this of your Mother or your FREAKIN DOCTOR!

Ma'am I do apologise if i offended you in anyway. I just don't know really who to ask because my mother doesn't know (I already asked) and I can't go to the doctor. I can request to have this thread removed if you would like me to.

try scooting up closer to the wall/person...you're probably putting it all on your tailbone and getting up closer may put the pivot point up higher. Or not, but its worth a try.

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Marine84
    OK! I'm going to go ahead and apologize up front cause I don't know any other way of saying it...........................

I honestly DO NOT believe what I just read - GIRL (if you are one and this isn't a joke) you should be asking this of your Mother or your FREAKIN DOCTOR!
    Heh! Maybe a little slack is in order on this one.

When I started working out again after my stroke, I experienced this myself, but I would more accurately describe it as being at the 'tailbone'.

I was doing situps and crunches on a hard wooden deck.

I picked up one of those cheap exercise mats, and the problem went away.

When I do PT in places like the park, and the beach, where the ground is not rigid, there is no problem.

Lol as dumb as this response is you could test to see what the problem is. As Integrity57 said it could just be your clothes rubbing the wrong way... I guess if your willing do crunches up to 10 or 20 once naked on carpet or something, if nothing happens put clothes on & repeat. If your not doing them on a hard surface I dont get what it could be. First off you should just try to figure out what "flares" the issue. After that figure out what you can do to correct the situation so it doesn't happen again. If your looking for a medical diagnosis but cant see a doctor for what ever reason, try searching the net. But be carefull about that, its only for an idea of whats going on, if you haven't noticed there are 100,000,000,000 diseases with the symptoms; Cough, Runny Nose, Soar Throat, Dizzy, exc.. If it says you have heart issues think again, I think you get the point.

Thank you for all the help. I will definitely start being **** to heels (haven't been doing that), and experiment with the clothing. Oh and thank you WalkingMan for having my back, I appreciate that. And I will try your suggestion SnowPaint, I'm desperate at this point. Thank you all of y'all!

STOP OVERRIDING CENSOR..............................

Last edited by thedrifter; 07-08-07 at 06:37 PM.

Hello,

I would say to stop doing crunches immediately and not to start again until your wounds heal. Put Neosporin on them to speed up the process. Once you have a blank canvas so to speak, you can try different P.T. gear, body positions, etc.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Tooks
    Ma'am I do apologise if i offended you in anyway. I just don't know really who to ask because my mother doesn't know (I already asked) and I can't go to the doctor. I can request to have this thread removed if you would like me to.
    No offense taken and, like I said, I apologized up front. At 1 in the morning, it just struck me as weird that a female would come in here with a question like THAT - it was an original I'll give you that.

Ok girl, are you wearing a metal thong when you do your crunches?? lol. Are you allowed to put both of your hands under your tail when you crunch? I know probably in bootcamp you can't, but on your own you can get away with it, at least till it heals.

Seriously, I've never heard of that, ain't you got a butt? Maybe you need to do some squats and get that booty a little bigger, that way your little butt bone won't be rubbing on the floor.

I don't know what else to tell you...has your recruiter heard of such a problem? I do agree, you better ger that taken care of or you will have some big probs in bootcamp.

I know a guy that got kicked out of the Seals way early because he kept getting sand rash in his crotch area and it irrated him so much he had to tap out....big baby, lol.

Something that perhaps doesn't sound like a big problem can become one..BTW, why can't you go to your doc?

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    I've had this problem a couple of times in my past too. It's like Walkingman said, it could be the surface the crunches are being done on. The injury is essentially a friction burn.

Also, as Integrity57 pointed out, watch the construction of your underpants and PT pants. If they have seams or waistband material running over the spot that gets injured, that could have something to do with it as well, regardless of PT surface material. If so, change the kind of skivvies and PT gear you wear to allow for as smooth of a surface as possible on your bum. Thongs are not good. Remember, PT is not a fashion show. Dress for function.

Motocarlo suggested Neosporin to apply to the injury, which is OK. I prefer a Vitamin A & D ointment instead. Which ever works best and fastest for you is the one to use.

Unless you frequently continue to have this friction burn problem after you try our recommendations, there is no need to see a doctor. You might have a recurrence of this periodically through your life as you do crunches, as I did. Just re-check your PT gear and PT surface, slather some ointment on and keep on keeping on.

I'm thinkin it could just be your surface that your doing them on... you never did say i don't think where you were doing your crunches at? if you would give some insite on that it might help us help you, or like it was stated if your wearing a thong with the little metal thing in the back get rid of that.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyson
    I'm thinkin it could just be your surface that your doing them on... you never did say i don't think where you were doing your crunches at? if you would give some insite on that it might help us help you, or like it was stated if your wearing a thong with the little metal thing in the back get rid of that.
    I was only half joking about thong, I know my wife wears them when she is at the gym, (shhh, don't tell her I said so), and as you know they go right up the old crak-a-roonie. I personally don't have that issue when I do crunches while wearing thongs, then again to prevent the rub problem I wear them backwards....yikes, TMI.

It varies as to where I do my crunches. Sometimes I do them outside in the grass, occassionally inside on this rough *** carpet, and some more outside in the dirt. And I am most definitely not doing crunches in a thong. I would die doing PT in a thong! Do you think wearing silkies would help? Isn't that what women wear when they PT anyways? And believe me jetdoc, I have got some serious back! There is not a cushion problem going on here lol I will try the A & D ointment. I'm gonna try y'alls suggestions and then if my problems aren't fixed I'll come back and ***** some more. lol Thanks again for all the help

STOP OVER RIDING THE CENSOR...use better language OR YOU WILL MEET ME....winky wink
    Ellie

Last edited by thedrifter; 07-08-07 at 06:37 PM.

Thread Information