Exercises Explained! - Page 2
Create Post
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    The Inch Worm

1. Start in the push-up position.

2.While hands still on the ground, step your feet closer so that you butt is in the air.

3.Then with you hands, move forwads until you back in the push-up position.

4.Repeat.

Don't know what it is specifically called, but all that is required is a 25lbs weight

1. Hold the weight to your mid-stomach.
    2. Lean your body to the left.
    3. Lean your body to the right.
    4. Lean your body forward.
    5. Repeat.

This work out here is good after doing so many crunches and abs work-outs. It gets your obliques and you automatically feel it.

Watch T.V.-

Alright this is a timed exercise, you cant do a certain amount because you dont move. Its an AB exercise & also bicep, it takes a max of 3 minutes to do, the longest I have lasted is 2 min 35 seconds. Your abs are holding up most of your torso, your biceps are holding up your shoulders & head (weight wise).
    ________o
    // ----|_|_
    you'll kind of look like that, but your legs will be as if you were doing a push-up, they will be together unlike your arms. (ignore the dashed lines)

1. lay on deck face down as if you were about to do a push-up
    2. Get into push-up starting position, you will now be in the air
    3. bend your elbows so that your forarms are on the deck/ parrallel with ground, but your still in a starting push-up position
    4. seperate your arms & hands, shoulder width apart
    5. look dead ahead, and then stay in position until you no longer can hold it

This will do a lot to your biceps and abs, if you want to get fancey you can pretend you have to "change the channel"

6. Lift one arm and point straight out, pretend like your change the channel
    and your TV is old so you need to use the knobs. This puts all your upper body weight onto one bicep, you can then rotate which arm you want to use to "change the channel"

Abliques-
    Similar to hurricanes ab work out, but you can do these with out weights.
    I learned this from SGT Ramsey who learned it from I think a heavy weight boxer, there isn't originally a name so I came up with one. It is actually a combination of exercises which = 1 set but they will kill you.

1. ___ # of crunches, ( I suggest first timers starting with 10 then go from there )
    2. same amount of crunches but when you get to the "top" twist to your left, this will work your obliques (sides of abs I do believe) It helps if your have your legs slightly tilted the opposite direction so you can twist at the top.
    3. same amount of crunches then twist to the right
    4. Get into a "Hello Dollie/ flutter kick" position (explained on first page)
    5. raise legs 6 in. for ____ seconds (10 crunches = 10 sec, 20 crunch = 20 sec) you will be making an acute angle with the ground.
    6. raise legs 12 in. for ____ seconds, Obtuse angle w/ ground.
    7. 90 degree angle with your legs ___ seconds
    8. 12 in. ___ seconds
    9. 6 in. ___ seconds
    10. ___ # of "Hello Dollies" (On first page), I hope you see the pattern.
    11. Done with first set
    12. Repeat with out stopping 3x.
    13. Finished, you'll feel it in your abs and legs. I guarentee you will gain at least 20-30 more crunches in 2 minutes doing this every night.

Running

If you're starting a new running routine --

Start out walking 20 minutes every day for the first week.
    Second Week: Walk for 30 minutes every day but run every fourth minute. (you walk 4 minutes, run one minute, walk four minutes, run one minute)
    Third Week: Run for 10 minutes/walk 2 minutes (ALWAYS start out walking 102 minutes , and if you get tired of running speed walk, don't stroll!)
    Fourth week: Run 20 minutes/walk 1 minute.
    Fifth Week: Run 30 minutes/speed walk only if you feel you can NOT run anymore.
    Sixth Week and beyond: Run 6 miles Mon and Fri, run 3 miles Tues and Thurs, run 1 mile Wed. RUN RUN RUN RUN RUN until you can't run any more on Sat.. rest on Sunday, but work on something, like pushups, crunches, pullups, anything!

REPEAT FOREVER!!

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by SnowPaint078
    Watch T.V.- (big snip)
    This was a punishment exercise when I went to boot camp. Except we cupped our chins in our hands and rested full on the point of the elbow. Not fun on a hard deck.

Talking Dive Bombers

Dive Bombers:

Found some images off of google...

Step 1.) Start in the regular pushup position with your hands directly under your shoulders. To get into the Dive Bomber position, spread your feet shoulder width apart and, keeping your legs as straight as you can, push your backside into the air and your sternum down towards the ground. Try to keep your back as straight as you can while leaning back and stretching the hamstrings before beginning the movement.

--------------------

Step 2.) For the next movement in the series, flare your elbows outward and lower your nose toward an imaginary spot between your hands.

--------------------

Step 3.) Then, as if you were trying to slide under a bar, flatten yourself out so that your torso is parallel to the ground.

--------------------

Step 4.) This is the halfway point of the entire exercise. Keeping your hips close to the ground and your hands directly beneath your shoulders, drive your head up towards the sky until you are looking straight ahead. To finish it off, reverse the process by going back the same way you came.

Step 4 http://img165.imageshack.us/img165/3517/78887536sg9.jpg

I'm sure you could section it off into counts any way you wish but doing all four steps in four counts seems a little rushed at first...and much like a push-up, it may be more effective done slowly.

sorry, I jacked up the 2nd step by putting in two of the same images and cannot edit it now... heres an animation...

Talking I think suicide something...

Can’t remember the name… I want to say “suicide drill”?

If I’m wrong, please correct me.

1.) Drop down into a "leap-frog" position.
    2.) Pop your butt in the air and with your feet essentially stationary, walk with your hands until you’ve reached the push-up position.
    3.) Do one push-up…
    4.) Walk your hands back into the leap-frog
    5.) Rest a second, then once again back into the push-up position.
    6.) Do two push-ups
    7.) Go back into the leap-frog
    8.) Rest a second, then go back into the push-up position
    9.) Do three push-ups
    Continue with each cycle by adding an addition push-up each time until say, when you’ve reached 10 or 15 push-ups. Then, the next time you walk back into the push-up position… do 14… go back... then come back and do 13…then 12…11…10 until you’re back to doing 1 pushup.

When you're still counting upward each time... keep in mind you still have to count down from that peek number in the second half of the exercise ....so don't kill yourself. Also, you're hands and feet should be the only body parts coming in contact with the deck. Enjoy.

Mountain Climbers-

Place your hands on the floor. Start with your legs staggered, right foot in front of your left. Jump up and switch feet, bringing your left leg forward. Repeat, alternating feet.

Talking

Once again... not sure what this ones called...if you know... please correct me.

1.) Lay on your back with your hands under your butt.

2.) Keeping your legs locked as straight as possible, lift them straight up in the air and have a partner stand at your head and hold your feet in the air.

3.) When you're ready and with your legs limp (but straight) in the air, have your partner toss (or push) your feet either slighty to the right, slighty to the left or straight ahead so that they are forced downward toward the deck.

4.) Let your legs mostly free fall but try to slow them down a few feet before hitting the desk. Stop a few inches from the deck, then lift them back up so that your partner can reach them again and toss in a different direction

5.) After he/she has pushed/tossed them left, right, and straight ahead with your legs returning each time...this is one cycle. Do at least 5 to 10 of these (or as many as you can do)

I do not believe it matters in which order they are tossed in, as long as the order is consistant throughout the exercise so that everyone understands when a cycle is finished.

Nice moving image Jeff. Cmon poolee's stop slacking and start posting, I would hate to have the list filled by just 5 or 6 people. A variety of PT is what makes you want to stay in bed the next morning.

Talking Bulldogs, Horse Kicks.

obviously make sure you have plenty of room...

Horse Kicks(?) :

Get on hands and knees. With the rest of your body stationary, kick one of your legs straight back in the air with a fair amount of force, then return back at a slower/normal speed. Do at least 30-50 kicks and switch legs.

Bulldogs :

Still on your hands and knees... with a fair amount of force, flare your leg straight out to the side (like the cliche image of a dog at a fire hydrant) and return back at a slower/normal speed. Once again, do at least 30-50 bulldogs and switch legs.

Quote Originally Posted by Christiansen
    obviously make sure you have plenty of room...

Horse Kicks(?) :

Get on hands and knees. With the rest of your body stationary, kick one of your legs straight back in the air with a fair amount of force, then return back at a slower/normal speed. Do at least 30-50 kicks and switch legs.

Bulldogs :

Still on your hands and knees... with a fair amount of force, flare your leg straight out to the side (like the cliche image of a dog at a fire hydrant) and return back at a slower/normal speed. Once again, do at least 30-50 bulldogs and switch legs.
    Good exercises, But I will add make sure not to use so much force that you injure yourselfs. Be smart poolee's, it is easy to get over motivated, a problem I have. A low GT score doesn't mean you have to not use common sense

Quote Originally Posted by SnowPaint078
    Good exercises, But I will add make sure not to use so much force that you injure yourselfs. Be smart poolee's, it is easy to get over motivated, a problem I have. A low GT score doesn't mean you have to not use common sense
    lol thats why I put "fair"... yeah, I was kinda thinking the same thing.

Thread Information