Guide and Honor Guide. - Page 3
Create Post
Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    Credits
    Savings
    Images
    The positions are filled by the SDI! He hires you and he fires you. He will decide who is the Platoon Honor man and the Company CO will decide who the Company HONOR GUIDE is! As far as RECON is concerned---well I don't know, but I am sure a RECON Marine can/will answer that soon!

What else?

If the Marine Corps wanted you to have a girlfriend they would issue you one.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Kildars
    If the Marine Corps wanted you to have a girlfriend they would issue you one.
    Sigh---------EARTH to KILDARS-------he said he understands that! DUH!

Quote Originally Posted by SeanWicks07
    Lets settle this debate right now. I asked a marine. i wanted to know what a marine said. Then a poolee came in running there mouth on the subject and i got ****ed off. You can say all you want about how we will be at bootcamp and all this and all that. But at the end of the day, this IS the INTERNET. And i may or may not be the worst internet poolee, but when it comes to put up or shut up i gareen ****ing tee you i was born to be a marine and i earn that right whatever it takes, and if its shuting up, then i guess i better get used to hearing osmeone else talk besides myself.
    By the way. No one has said a darn thing about guide or honor guide so i guess my questions has gone un answered and about the girlfriend thing. i got the idea "if the corps wanted you to have a girl they;'d issue one" so really guide or honor guide anyone? also what about recon? an answer would be SO COOL
    Nice attitude. You were given the right answer. It isn't your place to dictate who answers your question. You have a real attitude problem. You apologized in a PM and I forgot all about it, but you're still doing it.

The guide question has been answered. Do a search. You never really asked a question about recon, but seem to want an answer. If you search recon on this forum you'll find anything else you want to know. Now, until your attitude improves, I am done answering any questions you have.

Just to add to what these fine Marines and poollees have already answered to your question.

The majority of the answers you're looking for can be found by searching google or simply asking your recruiter.

Quote Originally Posted by Echo_Four_Bravo
    Nice attitude. You were given the right answer. It isn't your place to dictate who answers your question. You have a real attitude problem. You apologized in a PM and I forgot all about it, but you're still doing it.

The guide question has been answered. Do a search. You never really asked a question about recon, but seem to want an answer. If you search recon on this forum you'll find anything else you want to know. Now, until your attitude improves, I am done answering any questions you have.
    Great all you have done is ***** about every little thing ive said. So if you fee like chimming in about every little word feel free. If thats how you get your kicks as a former Marine picking on poolees, hey more power to you. Sorry your life has come to that. Its the internet.

Great all you have done is ***** about every little thing ive said. So if you fee like chimming in about every little word feel free. If thats how you get your kicks as a former Marine picking on poolees, hey more power to you. Sorry your life has come to that. Its the internet.
    How much disrespect can this guy show a Marine until he's banned.

No disrespect. I was taught a marine who is no longer in is a former marine not an EX marine. anything else you want to knit pick?

No disrespect. I was taught a marine who is no longer in is a former marine not an EX marine. anything else you want to knit pick?
    once a Marine, allways a Marine.

no disrespect. I show as much respect if i get. If someone keeps posting going off on how i am stupid and how i dont search the forum and how its been answered 30000 billion times then DONT ANSWER IT. how simple is it. its question and maybe someone will answer it. And give me the answer I am looking for. its simple. So next time i wont ask questions and when a marine such echo-four-bravo says jump i'll say how high. simple as that.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Ohhh Kayyy .... here goes
    The guide is selected intially on whatever your senior is looking for but may very well be fired and replaced by someone who fits the bill better.

Company honor man does get a set of blues and a stripe. That is company as in a group of four platoons .... one guy out of 400 is honor man. Your company starts out with about 400 recruits (4 platoons X 100). You will graduate between 50 and 70 recruites per platoon so 2-300 of the intial 400 will make it .... There are some that won't even make it past recieving. You have about a 75% chance of making it through boot camp, a 25% chance of being the guide and a 5% chance of graduating as company honor man. (Mathmatitions don't string me up )

Hit the fleet and tell em you were plattoon guide in boot or honor man or blahh blahh blahh and you'll probably get some special treatment

You are better off putting in for recruiter assistance after boot and helping yourself by helping your recruiter and getting a promotion that way.

how simple is it. its question and maybe someone will answer it. And give me the answer I am looking for.
    You can ask the question.

But why do you get to say who gives you the answer and who are you to say which answer is the right one. If you're only going to accept the answer you want which i assume is "Don't worry Sean we've allready voted you Honor Guide for ever. Signed James T. Conway, Commandant of the Marine Corps" than don't ask the question.

otherwise just type it all in google and avoid having people knit pick or argue just for the sake of arguing. Because in public forums thats what happens.

But baisicly if you're lookin for a carreer roadmap just type MOS roadmaps into google or talk with your recruiter and tell him what you want to do in the corps. He'll tell you if it's possible, knowing all of your info. Or if it's wise, knowing your charachter.

Quote Originally Posted by Bulkyker
    Ohhh Kayyy .... here goes
    The guide is selected intially on whatever your senior is looking for but may very well be fired and replaced by someone who fits the bill better.

Company honor man does get a set of blues and a stripe. That is company as in a group of four platoons .... one guy out of 400 is honor man. Your company starts out with about 400 recruits (4 platoons X 100). You will graduate between 50 and 70 recruites per platoon so 2-300 of the intial 400 will make it .... There are some that won't even make it past recieving. You have about a 75% chance of making it through boot camp, a 25% chance of being the guide and a 5% chance of graduating as company honor man. (Mathmatitions don't string me up )

Hit the fleet and tell em you were plattoon guide in boot or honor man or blahh blahh blahh and you'll probably get some special treatment

You are better off putting in for recruiter assistance after boot and helping yourself by helping your recruiter and getting a promotion that way.
    thank you sir. i am going grunt so i will get alot of special treatment as a boot already. thank you

Your are acting like your some kinda of hard-ass. Stop while your embarassing yourself here, you won't be around long with that pathetic attitude.

If your so mad about what Cpl. E4B or Cpl.Davblay picked about, then you won't make it through Boot Camp, the Drill Instrcutors will find something that will tick you off and they will continue to tick you off. You asked for information, you got the answer take them, or ask some more.

Also there either motivators, pooliee, or Marines around here, that are only trying to help you out.

Also the same questions gets asked a hundred times around here, most of the poolies can answer some questions for you, because they have learned from the Marines here.

Before I go let me square your @$$ on some Marine Corps knowledge.

"Once a Marine, Always a Marine" is a motto that is embolded in every Marine. Till this day, a Marine still calls a WWII vet by his rank no matter what age and vica versa. I've seen a Sgt. from WWII saltue a 2ndLt. who graduated OCS last week. It's all about ****ing respect, you want some???? Gotta ****ing earn it.

If its the promotion you want, you have better chances of scoring a high PFT or becoming the high shooter.

Thread Information