Unsat
Closed Thread
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Unsat

Unsat

We all know that there are certain policies in the Marine Corps that are sketchy, and some that should be downright illegal but are allowed for the sake of money. In these cases, who could you "alert" to attempt to change these policies?

Can you name one in particular?

Like what ?

Like how our buildings are not built up to code, and are also not properly maintained, thus affecting the quality of life.

Or how waste disposal laws are looser on military bases, so we have a higher toxicity rate than in a regular city. A Marine died recently from drinking the tap water on base. Families get calls saying "If your kid was at this daycare from Year X to Year Y and has such-and-such disorder, that's our fault, the building's been condemned, and we need to pay you compensation." The highest concentration of autistic kids are born to military families. We're fed prison food.

You know, stuff like that.

Most commands are probably aware of all theese. Its not because lack of motivation but because lack of money. The Marine Corps has the smallest budget of all the services so they are very limited to as what they can do. Obviously they know that there is a problem and even you said it yourself they called and took responsibility. Change takes time and more importantly money. Hell you've even heard of all the problems with Walter Reed. Or even any of the VA hospitals . It takes time and money. But in a situation where you feel like something should happen , remember , there is a chain of command. Dont be that turd who calls CNN then his congressman, and then maybe if he finds time his fireteam leader.

Strawberryp0cky, 1st Bn 1st Marines still lives in squadbays. It was good enough for the Marines before, its good enough for me.

Tap water killing a Marine? site the sorce or I wont buy it.

And for **** sakes the chow is fine.

Marines living the dream

When I signed on that dotted line I saw no guarantee's about quality of life.... The one thing that the Marine Corps taught me is, no matter how bad you think you have it, it can always! be worse.

Outlaw: I do understand the money situation, but what's the deal with waste disposal laws on military bases?

Skillets: I'm sorry that you're unaware of the **** going on around you. I'm also sorry that you are unaware of the effect of air, water, food, and living conditions on not only your health, but your outlook on life.
    For example, we are fed prison food (no, that's not my opinion, we actually are. Same company, it's the cheapest). We are also have the most violent/stupid incidents of any branch. Studies on food vs behavior in prisons show that adding better food (namely omega-3 fatty acids) can reduce prison violence up to 40%. That means all the stupid brawls and lethal drunk driving that continues to injure and kill Marines can actually be reduced, but apparently we're not worth the time or money to them. That upsets me, I'm sorry it's "good enough for" you to live with.

usmchauer: See last two sentences above.

You see, that's part of the problem, too. I've brought this to my chain of command already, and despite the fact that what they're doing is illegal and dangerous, salty dogs like yourselves shrug it off. I'm not *****ing because I want a cushy life. Joining the Marines would be the most retarded decision if that's what I was going for. I love going out in the field, living with baby wipes, wondering what's in my next MRE, dealing with all the **** like no AC that other services consider a "must-have."

The problem is when Marines are dying, or when our kids are born retarded. Marines like those of you who posted "it's good enough" are the reason that this **** still goes on. You mistake "this is illegal" for "they want to be pampered." They are not mutually inclusive.

I don't think Marines beat the shyte out of eachother, get loaded and get behind the wheel of a car and all kinds of other ludicrous BS because the food they eat lacks omega 3 fatty acids.... It's because we have this indestructable mentality - no matter how bad you wanted to change that part of us you can't. As to who you need to direct your complaint to I haven't got the slightest clue as to who would even listen to it.

Quote Originally Posted by strawberryp0cky
    Outlaw: I do understand the money situation, but what's the deal with waste disposal laws on military bases?

Skillets: I'm sorry that you're unaware of the **** going on around you. I'm also sorry that you are unaware of the effect of air, water, food, and living conditions on not only your health, but your outlook on life.
    For example, we are fed prison food (no, that's not my opinion, we actually are. Same company, it's the cheapest). We are also have the most violent/stupid incidents of any branch. Studies on food vs behavior in prisons show that adding better food (namely omega-3 fatty acids) can reduce prison violence up to 40%. That means all the stupid brawls and lethal drunk driving that continues to injure and kill Marines can actually be reduced, but apparently we're not worth the time or money to them. That upsets me, I'm sorry it's "good enough for" you to live with.

usmchauer: See last two sentences above.
    Camp Pendleton is fine. there isnt rampant human feces and trash all over the place, but I can think of a place that is....

Ill give you a guess... It start with an I and ends with a Q. I have been half covered in human **** (yes thats what is in those puddles) while hooking and jabbing with the Muj.

If the guys in prisons are fed the same thing as we are then they are being hooked up! And I have lived off of MREs for long enough to know that fatty acids have much less to do with stupid jarhead incidents that ALCOHOL!!!

lol..i used to live in Camp Horno. Lived in the squad bays and lived in crack houses called the "Cartel". We do more with less we dont need to live in fancy apartment like buildings like the POGs do. Grunts live where they need to . Most of the time wed rather be in the field anyway. My advice Suck it up.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    In case ya'll haven't noticed yet.................strawberry is a female!

Strawberry - don't you have enough to keep yourself busy? So what base housing sucks for you - get over it - deal with it. Paint it, wallpaper it, do what you have to do to make it feel like home for you.

As far as the food goes - don't eat in the chow hall - DUH!

Plumbing - deal with it! As long as $h!t isn't backing up into the house - why worry about it? You probably won't be stationed there long enough for it to matter anyway.

Way I see it - when you've had to live in what Skillets has had to live in - come back, pitch another b!tch about it. Til then......................PUT YOUR BIG GIRL PANTIES ON AND DEAL WITH IT!

And of all the things that's wrong in the world and YOU want to fight about "prison food" loaded with trans fat - give me a BREAK!

Marine84: I live off base, don't eat at the chow hall, and have no plumbing problems. Like I said, I'm not just *****ing about it because I don't like it; I don't have to deal with it.
    I don't know what reason you guys enlisted, but I enlisted to help people and when this stuff is going on, when they deliberately do not fix problems that are reported and people get sick, that gets my goad.

As for all of you who seem to think I'm crying about "trans fat" in my food (when the hell did I say that?), here's the damn prison study: http://www.guardian.co.uk/food/Story/0,,1924119,00.html and here http://pn.psychiatryonline.org/cgi/content/full/37/19/26

You all are entirely, 100000% missing the point: the point is not to have fancy accomodations and 5-star dining, the point is that this stuff is subpar and causing health and violence (see study) problems in Marines. If you guys don't even care about what happens to your fellow Marines just because you think that's the same thing as being hard core, you're sadly mistaken.

It seriously sickens me that you guys think this is a matter of being oorah instead of ****ing HEALTHY. Put my "big girl panties on" and telling me that we do more with less, do you even know who I am, what my goals are?

As for not having enough to do, I'm a bit of a workaholic and, get this, care about the state of the Marines around me.

I'm not saying we should cut vital training because someone could get a splinter.
    I'm not saying that we should hold each other's hand and be fed grapes and ambrosia and sip milk and honey while someone massages our back.

I'm saying that if we can prevent the problems, why the hell not? How many safety briefs have we all been to? They keep asking "Why do you guys keep going out and being stupid?" Well, here's a suggestion. Why not try it?

You guys think you're hard core, but in reality you're just ignorant and apathetic.

when we moved down to miramar from el toro we lived in the condemned bks before they started building the one man ones there was 6 of us to a room and not all could stand up at the same time the floors were uneven.

Quote Originally Posted by killerinstinct
    when we moved down to miramar from el toro we lived in the condemned bks before they started building the one man ones there was 6 of us to a room and not all could stand up at the same time the floors were uneven.
    Stories like this are considered a form of bragging rights. "We lived in the ****, we're so cool." I considered them to be the same thing, after all, we do more with less, until I realized that, get this, it's unhealthy.

But hey, as I said, I wanted to help people, not brag about what I do and don't get because that makes me tough and cool.

Thread Information