I am looking for a set of dress blues....
Create Post

I am looking for a set of dress blues....

Semper Fi Devil Dogs, my name is Daniel and I am a very proud Marine. I was separated from 1st Tank Bn. 29 Palms, CA back in '92 and have always said that when I marry, I would do it in my blues. I have successfully avoided matrimony for a number of years but now I have decided to formally tie the knot around my neck. I would like to take the plunge in a set of blues but I don't fit into my old set. I am looking for a place where I can purchase a complete set of dress blues to surprise my lady. I appreciate any info you may provide.
    Also, I have earned a number of decorations like many fine men and women who served. I heard some scuttlebutt that units may receive additional decorations that the marine might not be made aware of, for reasons of separation, etc. If this is true, is there a place where I can get an updated record (srg, dd214) to reflect the "new" awards?
    Thanks for all your help in advance. Semper Fi!

Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by Jarheadtanker
    Semper Fi Devil Dogs, my name is Daniel and I am a very proud Marine. I was separated from 1st Tank Bn. 29 Palms, CA back in '92 and have always said that when I marry, I would do it in my blues. I have successfully avoided matrimony for a number of years but now I have decided to formally tie the knot around my neck. I would like to take the plunge in a set of blues but I don't fit into my old set. I am looking for a place where I can purchase a complete set of dress blues to surprise my lady. I appreciate any info you may provide.
    Also, I have earned a number of decorations like many fine men and women who served. I heard some scuttlebutt that units may receive additional decorations that the marine might not be made aware of, for reasons of separation, etc. If this is true, is there a place where I can get an updated record (srg, dd214) to reflect the "new" awards?
    Thanks for all your help in advance. Semper Fi!

http://www.archives.gov/st-louis/military-personnel/

http://www.archives.gov/st-louis/mil...corations.html

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    check out ebay...type in usmc dress blues

I tried lookng on ebay, but I find used blues. I am concerned if I purchase the tailor might not be able to hook me up because of previous tailoring. I would prefer a new set, but I hear I can't get on base since I am not retired or disabled.
    Oh, BTW...
    I may not fit into my old set of dress blues, (it was back in '88, and who hasn't gained a few more lbs. in muscle and a lil' extra)? but I am not a disgusting "fat body"! LOL
    Semper Fi!

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    ok if not ebay try usmcdressblues.com they have used and new. new blouse goes for around $350. (could be dressblues.com)

That was it, Bigdog!!! OOh - FRIGGIN' - RAH!!
    Thanks to you and zodiac!
    Now... I might need something for the cold feet....
    LMAO!
    Semper Fi guys!

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    tanker...if you get the blues there get your brass and other items (including medals and ribbons) thru the Marine Shop. (themarineshop.com) hell of a lot cheaper. try getting your cover on ebay though. can get one complete less than $50

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    you will need a dd form 293.can get it from a local v.a service officer

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    got everything i needed (including medals and ribbons) from the Marine Shop and didn't have to send anything.

Thread Information