Rumors! - Page 5
Create Post
Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: Rumors!

Marine84, I always welcome advise offered. You present your views in a gruff manor. I was already dep'd in when the Master Sgt of the RSS here in town, who is not my recruiter, stated that boot camp may be shortened by one week. I did not care either way, he was just informing me that my 10 day leave date may change. As we all have heard, nothing is set in stone in the Marine Corps but it does not hurt to try to plan ahead. I was only replying to the intial topic, "what rumors have you heard," not stating that my information was fact. As for "training" my wife, I know the time apart will be hard on her but I hope things will go well. That is all I can do about that.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by firebrick
    Marine84, I always welcome advise offered. You present your views in a gruff manor. I was already dep'd in when the Master Sgt of the RSS here in town, who is not my recruiter, stated that boot camp may be shortened by one week. I did not care either way, he was just informing me that my 10 day leave date may change. As we all have heard, nothing is set in stone in the Marine Corps but it does not hurt to try to plan ahead. I was only replying to the intial topic, "what rumors have you heard," not stating that my information was fact. As for "training" my wife, I know the time apart will be hard on her but I hope things will go well. That is all I can do about that.
    In the Marine Corps there are two kinds of wives, THE HACKERS and THE NON HACKERS! Having said that, Some women love the adventure and moving around the world, were as some do not. The ones that Love thier Marine, are the most supportive and motivating women in the world (ask the Drifter). Sadly though there is a high per centage of divorce in the Military, as a whole! Beware of the women that only want to marry a Marine for the adventure and allotment checks! Those are the ones that encourage you to deploy more often! Yeah there are alot of those as well. They will want to move on if you decide to get out. They just love the adventure and bragging rights of being married to a Marine, that and the insurance money, should anything (Heaven forbid) happen to you.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by firebrick
    You present your views in a gruff manor.
    If you can't handle my "gruff manor" (by the way, the word you SHOULD have used is "manner") - I would suggest you withdraw your paperwork and NOT go in the Marine Corps. There are a lot worse than me that are on AD.

It really chaps my hide when I see poolees come in here trying to schedule the Corps around their own little individual selves. The Corps won't really give a fat baby's a$$ when your anniversary is or anything else. If you get called in the middle of the night you HAVE to get it up and go.

Something else you'll have to learn to watch is your mouth. You seem to be one of those that has to have the last word - you want to keep it going? Do it privately or we can do it in the open where everybody can see how "gruff" my "manor" can be.

By the way...................my "manor" is the party manor

Quote Originally Posted by davblay
    Back in the day, we called it MESS AND MAINTAINANCE week!
    And Mess and maintainence week would mean...? Is it something like you clean up for a whole week?

Davblay, sorry to hijack your post! This post is about what rumors we have heard, which I answered in my first post.

I posted before about seeing my brother in his Dress Blues at graduation. I think someone asked to see a pic of his entire platoon in them or something? Anyway, like I said before I was only like 4 years old so I do not know for sure. I never said that his whole platoon was wearing them though. The picture I saw was a picture of only him. Sorry for the confusion.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by ItzAlex
    And Mess and maintainence week would mean...? Is it something like you clean up for a whole week?
    Working in the mess hall and doing maitainance on the base! DUH!!

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan629
    I posted before about seeing my brother in his Dress Blues at graduation. I think someone asked to see a pic of his entire platoon in them or something? Anyway, like I said before I was only like 4 years old so I do not know for sure. I never said that his whole platoon was wearing them though. The picture I saw was a picture of only him. Sorry for the confusion.
    The confusion was on you! You didn't read the thread! Of course you saw his picture in Blues, we all had our picture made in Blues. I didn't misunderstand you, you misunderstood me! Get it?

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Marine84, give me some of that Woman Marine Trash! Ooo-Rah, girl!

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    OOHRAH!

He'll REALLY love it when a DI gets all up in his grill about being an individual and the REST of the platoon gets to do bends and thrusts every 30 minutes for the next 3 hours because of him.

OH! And davblay..................I hear you can worship anything you want in bootcamp these days. Somebody told me that they saw some idiot worshiping a freakin tree - I didn't Druism was practiced anymore. Could I be WRONG?

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Marine84
    OOHRAH!

He'll REALLY love it when a DI gets all up in his grill about being an individual and the REST of the platoon gets to do bends and thrusts every 30 minutes for the next 3 hours because of him.

OH! And davblay..................I hear you can worship anything you want in bootcamp these days. Somebody told me that they saw some idiot worshiping a freakin tree - I didn't Druism was practiced anymore. Could I be WRONG?
    DUH!!!! IN THE BIG RED TRUCK!!!

Davblay, they really did graduate everyone in Blues for a while. It wasn't too long before I went in that they stopped doing it. I saw a friend from high school graduate and the whole platoon was in them.

For what it is worth, DIs look stupid in blues and campaign covers.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    We Have A Winner!!!!!

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Echo_Four_Bravo
    Davblay, they really did graduate everyone in Blues for a while. It wasn't too long before I went in that they stopped doing it. I saw a friend from high school graduate and the whole platoon was in them.

For what it is worth, DIs look stupid in blues and campaign covers.
    With all due respect, E4B, I can't find evidence of that! Post a link to proof, will ya? Thanks, Semper Fi.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Pardon the expresstion, Marine84, but the Hat has not been thrown in yet!

Thread Information