What might be your thoughts about Ms Toni Smith
Create Post
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Question What might be your thoughts about Ms Toni Smith

http://www.mville.edu/athletics/spor...Toni_Smith.htm
    Her Bio

http://www.commondreams.org/headlines03/0221-07.htm
    Story about her protest.

We and those now active have sworn to protect and defend the Constitution of the United States of America.
    Freedom of speech is part of what we swore to defend to the death.
    She is doing a silent protest.
    But we must question, why she is taking the best this nation has to offer than turning her back.
    Is she then an ingrate?
    The school says it supports her in her protest.
    Now the question could arise;
    Is that school funded or supported by federal money?
    Many might called for an end to that funding or support.

Semper Fidelis
    Ricardo

Angry

Don' let the door hit you in the a$$ on the way out!!

Be there at every game, when she turns away from the flag..kick her ass

I saw this in the newspaper first than on the TV.
    It's getting media attention world wide as we speak.

I might not agree on what she's doing.
    But Freedom of Speech gives that right.
    If we listen to what she's saying, it's not about the Flag.
    It's has to do with policy and the piorities of this Nation.
    Those are what she disagrees with, so her thought of mind.
    The Flag represents those forming policy.
    Might she better be served writting letters of protest to those forming policy.
    One thing that she has accomplished, is getting media coverage on her protest.
    She, also including a war with Iraq in her protest.
    At one game, a Vietnam veteran carrying an American Flag got in her face.
    He was ejected after confronting Ms Toni Smith.
    One thing about all this, the world is able to see that we do allow protest in a civil manner.
    Many other nations would have executed her for treason.

Semper Fidelis
    Ricardo

Stupid idiot!

Smith has stood firm in the face of her detractors. In her statement, she wrote, "It is my right as an American to stand for my beliefs the way others have done against me. ... Patriotism can be shown in many ways, but those who choose to do so by saluting the flag should recognize that the American flag stands for individuality and freedom. Therefore, any true patriot must acknowledge and respect my right to be different."
    It was those that were willing to die for what the flag stands for, that gives her the liberty to display her own opinion, but the price they paid is disrepected by her turning her back on it.

Like biting the hand that feeds you, stupid anti-war people, their heads are screwed on backwards.

They don't know why or where they are going but they should know that without those in the front line, they would not be moving any which way at all.

When sh it hits the fan, they are the first to pee in their pants.

SAWP

Stupid Anti-War Protestors

A good reply to Ms Toni Smith supplied by Super Dave'

The fashionable assaults on patriotism, in the end, are failures of
    character.
    They are made by privileged individuals who enjoy the full benefits offered by the country they deride and detest its opportunities,
    its freedom, its riches but who lack the basic decency to pay their country the allegiance and respect that honor demands.
    Honor, of course, is often another object of their derision.
    For the rest of us, our own honor and our devotion to our nation's special virtues requires us to respect and defend their opportunity to be irresponsible and subversive of our safety.
    But nothing forbids us from pointing out the despicable nature of their behavior.
    Professor Donald Kagan, Yale

This small passage about cover the behavior of Ms Toni Smith.

Thanks Super Dave...

Semper Fidelis
    Ricardo

Marine Family Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    I think the paper that I read today said that Ms Smith was upset with the massacre of indigenous people and the flag represented those massacres. FUBAR!! She is a very privileged individual. She just doesn't realize how privileged she is.
    Just as it is fashionable to, perhaps, blame me for your burnt morning coffee (and I didn't burn your morning coffee), it is much more convenient to blame the flag for all the ills in this world. How wonderfully convenient. I believe that she has not or is not being duly educated. She has fouled out of my game. Maybe she can play "21" with Jane Fonda.
    Man,oh,man. I just realized that what I have just typed is an opinion, and somewhat of a disagreement. I didn't like something and I voiced my opinion, except I looked at the American Flag and said a thank you to all those who sacrificed their lives so that I could voice my opinion.
    Ms Toni Smith needs to find another school of thought.
    Another thing. Some people believe that the French Revolution was started by the farmers who marched on Paris. Actually, some say, it was the privileged class who started it all. That is the way it usually works.
    Go figure.
    Gary

Registered User Free Member JChristin's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings
    Our young American spoild little brat stated: Smith has stood firm in the face of her detractors. In her statement, she wrote, "It is my right as an American to stand for my beliefs the way others have done against me. ... Patriotism can be shown in many ways, but those who choose to do so by saluting the flag should recognize that the American flag stands for individuality and freedom. Therefore, any true patriot must acknowledge and respect my right to be different."

Copyright 2003 The Journal News

SHE forgot that the American flag stands for liberty...

why am I even writing about HER. I think most of us are all in agreement about how this young woman conducted herself is an affront to us, those who have served or are currently serving in the greatest military since the time of Rome.

Well, there is always a few rotten apples in the barrel.

Gary, if you burnt my morning coffee...I'd have to run back to Starbucks for more. But I sure like your analysis of having the right to express an opinion and not be censored - or worse - loose ones life. I just get censored. Hey, I can't loose my life around here can I? Is my ex lurking around here anyplace?

semper fi
    jchristin

firstsgtmike
    Guest Free Member
    I think the episode was not an expession of misguided patriotism, or an excercise of individual rights and freedoms, including the freedom of speech.

To me, it demonstrated a total lack of respect and consideration, and an act of intolerence of the rights of others. And it put ME first, MY rights, MY freedoms. YOURS mean NOTHING to me.

I believe we have all stood respectfully, at a funeral, a church wedding, a Christening, a Benediction, or when Grace was said at meals we participated in as guests. Regardless of our personal religious beliefs (or non-belief) we all stood , knelt, or bowed our heads out of RESPECT for the rights, and so as not to distract the otherparticipants.

Like many of you, I have stood at attention when a foreign National Anthym was being played, for the same reason, to respect the rights of those expressing their personal beliefs.

In doing so, I don't believe anyof us ever felt that our rights were being infringed upon.

I believe that we stand taller, and more deserving of respect, when we demonstrate our respect for the rights of others.

That cockroach should be stepped on, but for the right reasons. NOT because she is exercising her rights, but because she is ignoring mine.

Unfortunately, that aspect of protests and demonstrations is usually ignored.

Phantom Blooper
    Guest Free Member
    What is her name Roseanne Barr?

Marine Family Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    JChristin,
    Starbucks? That's waaaaaay out of my league. Now the brew served at Red's Java House, on San Francisco's Embarcadero, right by the San Francisco/Oakland Bay Bridge is comparable to what is served here...usually in the morning. I'd be happy to get you a cup of Red's specialty the next time I head out that way.
    Gary

Are any of the other little ladies actually saluting the flag in that picture?

What would smith do if she needed our help and we turned our backs? If she sit down hard she would have brain damage. The way I see it......if you turn your back on your countries flag you turn your back on your country. I bet she has jane's phone number.

Credits
    Savings

Angry

I dont think they are, but at least they stand tall and face it, she has the right to believe the way she wants, as was stated, thats what we fought for, but in no way does she have a right to disrespect the flag,maybe she should join the human shields over in one of the more liberal countries,HA, watch what they would do to her.

I think she needs to be dealt with, but I'm not sure what would be the most effective way of doing so. She needs an attitude adjustment and some education about the history of this nation that she has apparently missed out on.

Little ***** opened a can of worms. I am very surprised that she could not have been dealt with by her teachers, counselors, and coach over this issue. Not to mention her parents.

Something is seriously wrong with the way in which she chooses to express herself.

The thinking is not right nor effective in gettting her point across if she even understands what her point is.

Thread Information