Pull Ups
Create Post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pull Ups

Pull Ups

Hello,

Any of you Marines who have recently graudated from boot camp in San Diego, can you tell me hwo they judge a pull up?

When I do pull ups, my legs are bent to the back but as I go up, it comes forward. It does not pass the waist but it does move.

Do you have to be absolutely rigid with no assistance from your legs, kipping, or kicking?

How much do they enforce their rules about pull-ups?

Thank you.

Last edited by jinelson; 03-16-07 at 11:01 PM.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Zack rigid with no resistance or kipping is the rule. They rules are enforced equally for all by non comisioned officers and staff non comissioned officers. Work at it like your life depends on it my Corps does it, its way not yours!

OORAH!!!

Jim

thank you

I have been working on it and of course, I will follow the rules of the Marine Corps not my own.

whats kipping?

Quote Originally Posted by Marinewannabe15
    whats kipping?
    kipping is when you are doing a pull up and try to use your legs for more momentum to get more.

Quote Originally Posted by zackmerc
    Hello,

Any of you Marines who have recently graudated from boot camp in San Diego, can you tell me hwo they judge a pull up?

When I do pull ups, my legs are bent to the back but as I go up, it comes forward. It does not pass the waist but it does move.

Do you have to be absolutely rigid with no assistance from your legs, kipping, or kicking?

How much do they enforce their rules about pull-ups?

Thank you.
    Yes, I am a west coast Marine and they really enforce it. If they are not exactly perfect then they will not count them.

Credits
    Savings
    The buddy that I wound up with, they wouldn't let out of boot-camp because he couldn't even do one pull-up. They sent him to STU (special training unit) with the fat boys, he was not fat.

He said the DI's there were merciless sadistic narcissists. One fat boy was only allowed to eat carrots.

My buddy in a way was a Gomer, in fact once I was detailed to chase him to the brig. Long story...

We had a guy in boot who said his dad was a Gunny in the Corps and he ran with him all the time. Well you could tell by his girth he didnt run and come to find out when we did our 1st "O" course playtime he couldnt get up for 1 friggen pull-up,the XO came up to him and says: Pvt if you dont give me 1 fuqing pull-up your going to jail to which the kid tried and SH** his self he was so scared, needless to say he was gone from our plt by the next day. I'm assuming he went to the fat-boy farm, not really sure.........
    MG

Quote Originally Posted by 10thzodiac
    The buddy that I wound up with, they wouldn't let out of boot-camp because he couldn't even do one pull-up. They sent him to STU (special training unit) with the fat boys, he was not fat.

He said the DI's there were merciless sadistic narcissists. One fat boy was only allowed to eat carrots.

My buddy in a way was a Gomer, in fact once I was detailed to chase him to the brig. Long story...

I dont mean to step on your feet caus eI'm only a poolee..but im pretty sure its "Fat Body" not boy and its "PCP" Physical Conditioning Platoon"..Maybe its different for MCRD SD but I know thats what it is on the island

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by RSSLHNYGUIDE329
    I dont mean to step on your feet caus eI'm only a poolee..but im pretty sure its "Fat Body" not boy and its "PCP" Physical Conditioning Platoon"..Maybe its different for MCRD SD but I know thats what it is on the island
    MG, it sounds like this Poolee knows more then us OLD TIMERS! You are correct it is FAT BOY! Don't you love it when a Poolee CORRECTS us Marines?
    Makes you want to go back on Active Duty for Drill Instructor Duty doesn't it?

yeah i immediately punched myself in the head right after i posted that..sorry for being a dick...I guess I'll just have to learn the hard way haha

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by RSSLHNYGUIDE329
    yeah i immediately punched myself in the head right after i posted that..sorry for being a dick...I guess I'll just have to learn the hard way haha
    YEP!!!!! But the NCO's and SNCO's will love you if you don't!!!! Ooo-Rah!

Davblay is absolutely right, poolee, once you make it to the fleet (hell, even before then) your NCO's will EAT YOU ALIVE if you act like you know more than they do and try to correct them, especially if in front of other junior Marines. Your best bet is to shut your mouth, pay attention, and learn from those who have been around longer until you really DO know your stuff.

Davblay is absolutely right, poolee, once you make it to the fleet (hell, even before then) your NCO's will EAT YOU ALIVE if you act like you know more than they do and try to correct them, especially if in front of other junior Marines. Your best bet is to shut your mouth, pay attention, and learn from those who have been around longer until you really DO know your stuff.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Hey devildog, you a 1341?

Thread Information