Camp Geiger
Create Post
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Camp Geiger

Cool Camp Geiger

Lookin' for anyone who served with 2nd Radio Bat. stationed at wonderful camp Geiger, North Carolina from about January 67 till about November 69.

I was at Geiger in 58 and was back to visit the camp last Dec.

You will not believe the changes in the base. The same goes for Camp Lejeune.

Registered User Free Member DAVID MULLINS's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings
    I was a Troop Handler there from April 68 till discharge in Aug.
    FOX CO.

I was an Instructor at Camp Geiger summer of 1966.

I was in Radio Platoon, 8th Comm. Bn. August '54 to November '55. Then posted to Marine Detachment, London, England. Some fellow Marines at Geiger: Paul Savage, Bob Morton, Bob Savacool, Roger Surprenant, John Cushman, Don Hamilton, Frank McVey (McVeigh?), Carl Bailey, Lt. Kupstas.

Credits
    Savings
    Looking for anyone who was in 2nd bn 4th Marines(2/4) when they were stationed at Camp Lejuene 90-93.

PT Warrior

I went to boot camp and SOI with some of those marines in 2/4. They would have gotten there in sept. of 1989.

Cantrell

Bob Savacool

Quote Originally Posted by lemeeg
    I was in Radio Platoon, 8th Comm. Bn. August '54 to November '55. Then posted to Marine Detachment, London, England. Some fellow Marines at Geiger: Paul Savage, Bob Morton, Bob Savacool, Roger Surprenant, John Cushman, Don Hamilton, Frank McVey (McVeigh?), Carl Bailey, Lt. Kupstas.

My dad was in the Army and we were stationed at Ft. Leavenworth from 1984-1986. I saw the name Bob Savacool listed above. I was trying to find a Marine by the last name of Savacool who used to be my baseball coach from 1985-1986. I can't remember if his name was Ed or Bob. All of my coaches from 1985-1986 were Marines, and I have very found memories of that time. If anyone knows of any Marines who were at Ft. Leavenworth from 85-86 I would appreciate the help.

jetdawgg
    Guest Free Member
    I was in 2nd RadBn from 80-82

Camp Geiger 1974 I 3/8
    also ITR - 1972

Credits
    Savings
    Images

Talking Camp Geiger !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !

I USED TOO DO PULLUP'S,ON THE TOP RAIL;OF THE OLD-WATER-TOWER.BEFORE SHOVING OFF FROM GEIGER,TO FT.BENNING;THE YEAR 1968!!! WELCOME HOME MARINE

I Was In Mt 8th Comm, 1956 57.then Returned 1959 To 4th Truck Plt.
    Cpl Cbillings

baseball

Got there in APRIL of 59, tried out for and made the camp baseball team as a pitcher. When my buddies "FINISHED" ITR I left the team and followed them to Division, M/co 3rd/bat 6th Marines.

I was at Camp Lejune 78 to 80, 3/2 H&S

Quote Originally Posted by lemeeg View Post
    My dad was Bob Savacool, who was at Camp Geiger. He was in the Marines when I was born (Oct. 25, 1955). He died in November, 2000 of cancer. I still have a couple of pictures of him in uniform from those days and I remember my dad talking about the names you mentioned above.

Thread Information