Accord's first letter from boot... - Page 2
Create Post
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    An address would be nice... I guess I could track it down myself though.

Quote Originally Posted by Achped
    Sup Matt, I'm at PI and receiving f*ing sucks azz. We were awake for the first 52 hours on the island and the DI's in EOEC were f*ing babies compared to this sh** in real life.
    That's pretty much it for now, but PI is nothing like any of that stuff on TV, and I can honestly say that FMJ is a better representation of PI and the DIs than EOEC.

Then he goes on to mention one more thing about how a DI was charging through the chow hall as he was walking to his table, and....well he specifically said to not say anything more.
    From what I saw of that video, it was a total joke. I remember comming home and watching FMJ and thinking that it was easy looking compared to real bootcamp. Once I returned from boot, I sat down with a real salt-dog Veitnam vet and told him about all the evil stuff the DIs did to us and he sounded pleased. I think he thought that it has gotten more PC than it really is. Knowing that our DIs had no mercy for us made me feel better about earning the title. I wish some of the Old Corps types could get to see recruit training nowdays with out the cammeras, or officers looking on. There was a time I truely believed my kill hat was ACTUALLY going to KILL someone.

Sup Matt, I'm at PI and receiving f*ing sucks azz. We were awake for the first 52 hours on the island and the DI's in EOEC were f*ing babies compared to this sh** in real life.
    Remember EOEC, while a true account is still a film. The only way you will EVER appreciate Marine Corps Recruit Training, is to experience it first hand, as I am sure he can attest to right about now...LOL I am sure that the appreciation is flowing through his sweat glands... Good luck to this Recruit.

Sounds like you might want to send Accord some PRUNE JUICE.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Old Marine
    Sounds like you might want to send Accord some PRUNE JUICE.
    And a lot of people think the term "scared sh*tless" is just an expression!

P.S. I have not sh** in five days.
    I didn't go until after Training Day 10, and even then I needed a laxative the SDI gave me. I swear it's the box chow that does it.

Could be because of all the salt-peter that they load the chow with. Oh Yea, I forgot, the salt-peter is for the other end.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by D W George
    And a lot of people think the term "scared sh*tless" is just an expression!
    LOL! Ya'll ought to have to face a sleepy b!tch that somebody had to wake up in the middle of the night to let some straggler (me) in..............I think I was behind on everything from that day on - it's funny as hell looking back on it but at the time it DOES scare the $h!t out of you. AND, as an added bonus (and not meaning to be too personal with the guys in the house) - it cuts periods off with us as well. Your body goes through that "WTF?" stage.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Marine84
    LOL! AND, as an added bonus (and not meaning to be too personal with the guys in the house) - it cuts periods off with us as well. Your body goes through that "WTF?" stage.
    TOO much info.

Receiving is burned into my mind and this brought it back-nothing distinct, just a LOUD, terrifying blur in hell where the lights were always on and everybody in uniform was mad as a wet hornet and screaming!(at me!)

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    and the only thing you can think of is WTF? why are they all so pi$$ed off and ESPECIALLY at me (it seems)?

And the receiving DIs aren't even as mad as the ones you get the following week that stay with you for the remainder of bootcamp!

And.................moving fast as you can to do something and then have to sit and wait and study your little handbook - I thought WHY are we in SUCH a freakin' HURRY to do ANYTHING here? Clean what? AGAIN? We just did it THIS MORNING!

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    and the only thing you can think of is WTF? why are they all so pi$$ed off and ESPECIALLY at me (it seems)?

And the receiving DIs aren't even as mad as the ones you get the following week that stay with you for the remainder of bootcamp!

And.................moving fast as you can to do something and then have to sit and wait and study your little handbook - I thought WHY are we in SUCH a freakin' HURRY to do ANYTHING here? Clean what? AGAIN? We just did it THIS MORNING!

Amen to everything except the DIs. Maybe I wasn't as shocked by the time we got out of receiving but, the DIs in receiving just seemed insane to me at the time. Our Series DIs at least, usually, had a reason for going psycho on us. We seemed to always be able to do something stupid to cause it!

One already escaped while they were just in Receiving, he must not have talked to anyone other than his recruiter. That is really sad.

LOL! Ya'll ought to have to face a sleepy b!tch that somebody had to wake up in the middle of the night to let some straggler (me) in..............I think I was behind on everything from that day on - it's funny as hell looking back on it but at the time it DOES scare the $h!t out of you. AND, as an added bonus (and not meaning to be too personal with the guys in the house) - it cuts periods off with us as well. Your body goes through that "WTF?" stage.
    Well if youre gonna get gross.......................I have yet to meet a male Marine who claims to have had a stiffy in Boot Camp.......................

80 out 90 left after recieving? What will get you kicked out in recieving? I would think that if you can make it that far you can at least make it past recieving????

Thread Information