Serious Question
Closed Thread

Serious Question

Hello all. Just have a question that I have been somewhat apprehensive about posting, but will do it any way. As some of you that had read a response that I posted in anotherthread might no part of the story. Here it goes, now bear in mind this is something I have been trying for over three years now.

On June of 2003 after two years of service. I was Honorably Discharged from the Marine Corps with a Reentry Code of RE-3P, and a Seperation code of JFN1. for Allergys. In a nutshell the codes basically mean I was discharged for a Unfiting Pre Existing Condition. I had six allergic reactions when I was in during a three month period. I had one which did require an overnight ICU stay. I was put into a Non-Deployable Status and was discharged six months later. No here is the catch they said the condition was pre-existing, the thing was I NEVER had a problem before the Marines, and have not had a single problem since I have been out. The doctors could never find out what caused the reactions, and even did mutiple tests and nothing evercame up positive as allergic. Now I have heard that In rare cases stress can cause these events, even to those who dont realize they are stressed. The biggest problem is I know now that it was basically a medical fluke that last three months and no more. I will not dispute at the time that I did not have a serious medical issue, and that they were wrong in discharging me they had every right, but I know now that my medical issue is passed me. I have repetedly tried getting back in over the last three years and have been told no. I have talked to recruiters, been told no. Petitioned the Naval Board of Corrections been told no, and Petitioned the Marine Perfomance Evaluation Board and been told no. My final option that I had I used last night, and that was sending a letter to the Commandant of the Marine Corps himself. I am now waiting to hear back from him at a later date. I want to reenlist into the military(Unsure what Branch) and a Wavier from the CMC is the last offical route I have left to take, after petionioning to the other Orginizations. I have done everything in my power in the proper offical way possible. I was a good Marine, always followed orders, never got in trouble, and hell I am even now three years later getting some medals that I got when I was in that I never recieved, just found this out a week ago. I will understand, and respect the decison that the Commandant hands down, and at that point will know its not to be if he says no. But if he says yes then I know my three years of working at this has paid off. I was wanting to come to you my fellow Marines and get some advice, and or opinion.

"Outstanding"

I am sorry to hear that your discharge have to end that way. It looks like you have made a decision to go back to the military so what other opinions and advice do you need? If worst comes to worst, the Commandant of the Marine Corps will say no and maybe that is just the way it should be. Maybe God (if you believe in a higher being) have a better and more productive plan for you. At least you know you never stopped trying to get back in and if it is not meant to be, it just not meant to be. But there is still hope so good luck to you. However, keep in mind that you might not have a chance to get back in. Once again good luck!!!

wow what a tenacious and dedicated person !!!

my hats off to you sir !!!

THE MARINE CORPS NEEDS MORE DEDICATED MARINES LIKE YOU IN ITS RANKS.

Marine Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    sue the bastards.

they either screwed up on their (pehaps an old term) "induction physical" or you have a service connected disability.

any malady that doesn't show up on your induction physical and shows up within 6 months of discharge is by statute a service connected disability.

Good luck on getting back in!

Allergies can be wierd. All my life I'd taken medication containing sulfa whenever it was appropriate with no problem. Then one time I was coming down with a cold and popped a pill that contained sulfa. Within two hours I was in the ER with my throat swelling shut. Talk about scary.

Needless to say, I've avoided sulfa since then.

Again, good luck!

crate

Your dedication to the Corps is to be commended. If the CMC says "No", maybe you could at least get involved in your local area Marine Corps League, hook up with "toys for Tots", or volunteer at the local VA hospital, spending time with Marines who have no one to visit them.
    Best Wishes in your future endeavors.
    drumcorpssnare

Thread Information