Is anyone here in MCJROTC?
Create Post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

I could have been, but then I transfered schools because of a better football program. (Love my football) I still have a lot of friends who are.

I read your message fraser. And I was in it last year, but i moved to tustin, and in this school they don't have this program. And I miss it. Dam.

i play football too. what position you play?

Fraser, im in AFJROTC. I know, its not the Marine Corps JROTC, but it helps with my decision and dream to become a Marine. I know the AF Dress Blues dont even compare to the USMC's but it's still worth it. lol. When I graduate and go off to Parris Island, Ill be able to have and advanced pay rate- an E-2, which is nice. Im a Sophmore at my school (Broughton High, Raleigh, NC) currently a Technical Sergeant(E-6). I love the class, and I highly recommend ANY form of JROTC...that is...if your not in it already. lol

Hoped This Helped

Yeah, I played MLB. 4 year starter, We went 8-2 last year but only 5-5 this year. We did beat the 6X Defending Champs 1st round though. What about you Fraser

I start right tackle on offense and defensive tackle on defense

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    by ChknSanwch - Fraser, im in AFJROTC. I know, its not the Marine Corps JROTC, but it helps with my decision and dream to become a Marine. I know the AF Dress Blues dont even compare to the USMC's but it's still worth it. lol. When I graduate and go off to Parris Island, Ill be able to have and advanced pay rate- an E-2, which is nice. Im a Sophmore at my school (Broughton High, Raleigh, NC) currently a Technical Sergeant(E-6). I love the class, and I highly recommend ANY form of JROTC...that is...if your not in it already. lol

Hoped This Helped
    Well said and I agree any form of JROTC is excellent. A pup last year thought that I would look good in Air Force blues and he photo shopped me.

Dont you think this looks much better?

Much better Staff Sergeant.

Much better sir. The only MCJROTC in my state is on the other side of the state so I can't go to it. There is and AFJROTC but I am forbidden from going to that school. I didn't do anything wrong, they just caused problems for my brother so my mother doesn't like them very much.

Marine Friend Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Images
    I wrote an article a couple months ago about a local MC JROTC program. I loved talking to those kids and taking photos of them. It was a real blast. They were some of most articulate, thoughtful kids I've ever interviewed. And I've met a lot of interesting teenagers who were smart and thoughtful.
    You know what surprised me? There were two female cadets in the leadership staff and one of them was the most squared-away cadet of the whole group.
    I suppose I'm a bit biased, but I think those JROTC programs are awesome.

BTW, SSgt. Nelson, I do love that pic of you in the Air Force blues. Ha! But, indeed, those Marine Corps cammies are much better suited for you.

I want one of those covers you've got on, but without the Eagle, Globe and Anchor, of course.

Anyway, I need to post some of those photos I took of the MC JROTC kids. i will get them up on photobucket tonight and then you guys can tell me if they're looking good.

Yes SSgt, the Desert cammies look so much better than the Chair..i mean Air Force Dress Blues. i cant wait till i can enlist, but, AFJROTC is just gonna have to do for now. =)

Marine Friend Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Hi,
    I'm not in MCJROTC but I'm in NJROTC. I wish I was in MCJROTC but I guess NJROTC will have to do. Well...The Marines are a department of the Navy (The men's department) so that makes me feel a little better. Anyway I'm a freshman at my high-school and I'm currently an E-3 Seaman. I will be up for promotion to PO3 in February. I love it but me and my CO are the only ones who will become Marines once we graduate. They all give me a lot of flack about it too. They call me all sorts of stuff. My favorite is a Bullet Sponge Jar Head. They all just roll their eyes when I tell them I haven't earned the title thus I can't be called a Jar head yet. But the endless goading will stop because our new SNSI ( Senior Naval Science Instructor) is a retired Marine Lt.Col. I can hardly wait till he comes. Anyway I think all of the JROTC programs are great and if anyone has the opportunity to take the course I would highly recommend it. By the way Staff Sergeant Nelson,the cammies look better.

Gabe, I COMPELETLY understand you there bro. Me, and two of my really close friends in my AFJROTC Flight(Class) all want to be Marines after highschool....and yes, we do get some goading(but in a friendly way) here and there. Then I ask the antagonists "Whatcha plan on doing with your life?" Most fall silent. =)

BUT, we also have the Wrestling Mat Room not 10 steps away from the classroom..so, as any would be Marine would do, we(as in us 3) will match ourselfs up with anyone(1 on 1 match, never double team) who gives us a hard time, challenge and beat the crap outta anyone whos up for a healthy, competitive match of 'Submission Wrestling'....and recently, most of the goading has seem to disappeared...=)

Bullet Sponge Jarhead? nice, havent heard that one before.

we're used to-
    Wanna-be-Marine(for some reason...this one fires me up the most.. i dont know why)
    Goalie for the Hand-Grenade Team
    Cannon Fodder

theres a few others, but theyre just not coming to mind right now

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Don't forget my personal favorite:

Sandbag, Green, Reusable, Self-Propelled, Auto-Deploying, Biodegradable. Unit of issue: 1 ea.

Thread Information