Walking Dead - Page 3
Create Post
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Walking Dead

Marine Family Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    www.thewalkingdead.org

The above address is the official website for the 9th Marines - and is dedicated to the Marines and Corpmen who fought in that unit - it is comprehensive and concise in its information.

The unit is special - the men were special - and the Corps remembers and respects it. My husband was 1/9 in Nam - he had many stories and info that is on that site now.

The division of the 1/9 is the 2nd Marine Division.

i like this quote the best

I now know why men who have been to war yearn to reunite. Not to tell stories or look at old pictures. Not to laugh or weep. Comrades gather because they long to be with the men who once acted their best, men who suffered and sacrificed, who were stripped raw, right down to their humanity. I did not pick these men. They were delivered by fate and the U.S. Marine Corps. But I know them in a way I know no other men. I have never given anyone such trust. They were willing to guard something more precious than my life. They would have carried my reputation, the memory of me. It was part of the bargain we all made, the reason we were so willing to die for one another.

I cannot say where we are headed. Ours are not perfect friendships; those are the province of legend and myth.

A few of my comrades drift far from me now, sending back only occasional word. I know that one day even these could fall to silence. Some of the men will stay close, a couple, perhaps, always at hand.

As long as I have memory, I will think of them all, every day. I am sure that when I leave this world, my last thought will be of my family and my comrades.....such good men.

from "These Good Men" by Michael Norman

The Walking dead

Quote Originally Posted by marinemom
    www.thewalkingdead.org

The above address is the official website for the 9th Marines - and is dedicated to the Marines and Corpmen who fought in that unit - it is comprehensive and concise in its information.

The unit is special - the men were special - and the Corps remembers and respects it. My husband was 1/9 in Nam - he had many stories and info that is on that site now.
    Go to my post in Marines only in country, Anyone still out there
    Posted was an account that I don't even like to remember, never mind trying to put it in words again. Post #12 then the following post by Exnitro on post #l3.

Thread Information