"Moment Of Truth" - Page 3
Closed Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    yellowwing
    Guest Free Member
    Suffice to say he was not pleased with my actions, however I think he understands me a bit better now. I give him a lot of credit for speaking directly with me. He could have handled it differently but I think he has done the right thing so far, by speaking privately with the person who pee'd on his parade. Lets just see what happens from here...
    Good to hear! Leatherneck is a place where we prepare kids to be the best recruits they can be. We've had more than our fair share of Company Honor Men, Guides, and Squad Leaders come from here. And we gladly do it passing on the lessons and leadership that were freely given to us.

Semper Fi

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    I'll take your word Camper................

Camper, Id've done the exact same thing you did. Integrity isn't something you can sell on the cheap, and if you do, it's your own face you have to see in the mirror every-single-day.

Even my old and semi-broken hindquarters, trying to get back into the USMCR, had to give up all the injuries I've had over the years. I didn't like it, because some of them have to be waivered, but, dammit, that's what's required.

I'm glad you and this lad had some private conversations. He'll dang sure be a better man for it, even if it means he can't be a Marine. Society as a whole has become so permissive, somebody, or in this case, something (our Corps) has to stand for something. Those Core values aren't just writin on the wall..they damn well MEAN something.

v/r

Well, Moderboater still needs to come back in here and say his piece. We will see what he says. Only then will we know if he is capable of earning our backing.

I believe he has a poolee function today so I am sure his recruiter will have a little heart to heart with him.

I am willing to give him the benefit of the doubt for now, but only until he responds to us in here...

I stand Corrected

Marines, I stand corrected on my statement, I understand now why a person should not lie about anything to enlist in the Marine Corp. I see now where my opinion was wrong and I stand corrected. I would like to thank you all for teaching me that lesson now, instead of later down the road. I will not let any of you down again...my apologies for doing so in the first place.

Moderboater,

Excellent! Now, "carry on".

telling the truth about a medical history....

Easy there little one. That attitude you have there (WILL) Get you into alot of (BIG) trouble. That crap might cut it in other branches. But not in The Marine corps...... I've seen alot of young men just like you while on recruiting duty. All of them ready to fight and die for their country. Not all were able to do so because of a medical reason or a criminal past to bad to obtain a waiver for. Whats is this crap you keep spilling out your pie whole about (You think it would be ok to lie to your recruitor and to meps about a medical problem. You believe you would not get into trouble...(WRONGE THINKING)
    To lie to your recruitor is concidered Fraudualenlistment and is punishable upto 7 years imprisonment and fines upto 10.000 dollars.If that is not enough to make you think than ponder this if you will---- If this is what I will get when I lie to a recruitor what will I get If I lie to His Co at meps. If your recruitor does not nail your little azz to the wall you can rest a sure his Co dam sure will. No buts about it.Momy and daddy will not be able to do anything about it.. So save them and yourself the embarrsaement and (TELL THE TRUTH)period......... Your recruitor is there to aid you in the process of joining the Marines. But you have to be truthful and up front with him/her about any problem that you have. He may be able to obtain waiver. Right about now you should be thinking of a good excuse to tell your recruitor on why you feel that you have the right to bad mouth his career and his lifes goals. Sounds to me that you have alot of growing up to do... Do the world a favour stay home with mommy and daddy. Go to college get a degree move on with your life and leave the fighting for your freedom to the grown up's...

Thread Information